Teenagers face 20 years for spitting in Cops soda

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/9654318.htm

=====================================
Worker Allegedly Spits in Officer's Drink

LUFKIN, Texas - Two young men face felony charges after one of them allegedly spat in a drink he was serving to an East Texas police officer.

Brian Strban, 19, and Nathaniel Allen Baker, 22, were workers at a Lufkin Sonic Drive-In where the incident allegedly happened Sept. 3, according to a police affidavit.

Both were arrested last week and charged with second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product. If convicted, both could be sentenced to 20 years in prison and fined up to $10,000, The Lufkin Daily News reported in its online editions Monday.

In a statement, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma City-based Sonic hamburger chain said both workers were fired.

According to the affidavit, the officer ordered a soft drink, but when he received the beverage he noticed several workers inside the kitchen laughing. The police officer, who was not identified, opened the drink and noticed what appeared to be phlegm floating on the surface.

The affidavit says lab tests confirmed his suspicions. It alleged that Strban planned the prank after recognizing the officer as one who had interrupted him and his girlfriend having a romantic interlude at a local parking spot. According to the affidavit, Strban has acknowledged encouraging Baker to spit in the drink.

Police say both suspects have given DNA samples, but no test results have been disclosed

Last edited:
figures. it's lufkin, after all. my mom lives there, and when she got married a couple years ago, the city clerk refused their marriage because it was an interracial marriage. two years ago, not 1950.

monk said:
I'm glad I never got caught for what I did during my one-week tenure as a pizza guy. I'd be locked away for life.
I can corroborate. I worked at Round Table for 2 weeks at 16. Saw some nasty sheezy going on.