[SPOARTS!] Comments that don't warrant their own thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Because of how the results are posted on the official website, I failed to take notice of the fact that the Heptathlon actually concluded, and was won by Nafissatou Thiam (BEL). Anna Hall (USA) gets Bronze.

In remaining Day 9 action, Canada wins the Men's 4x100m relay. United States settles for Silver.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
With six gold medal events remaining, Ahting Mu's victory clinches a "win" for United States in the Gold Medal count. They had already clinched the overall medal count.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
  • Malaika Mihambo (GER) wins the Women's Long Jump.
  • Tobi Amusan (NGR) wins the Women's 100m Hurdles, with a World Record!

That hurdles result is interesting, since the standings indicate that Sydney McLaughlin, who would have been favored, did not race. This suggests that McLaughlin, like she did in Tokyo, will be part of the Women's 4x400m relay team.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
BREAKING: Sydney McLaughlin has been confirmed for the Women's 4x400m relay. Dalilah Muhammad is a late scratch. She will be replaced by Abby Steiner.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
BREAKING: United States wins the Men's 4x400m relay.

United States has tied their best-ever performance at the World Athletics Championships with 31 total medals, with two medal events to go.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Jamaica is the only nation that is fielding a team in the Women's 4x400m relay who has any competitors who raced in the 400m: Stephenie Ann McPherson and Candice McLeod. Both women finished off the podium, and McLeod ran a slower time on a flat track (50.78) than Sydney McLaughlin ran over hurdles (50.68).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
BREAKING: United States wins the Women's 4x400m Relay, in 3:17.79, the fastest time ever run on US soil. Sydney McLaughlin is officially credited as having run the anchor leg with a split of 47.91 seconds, which would have won the 400m over a flat track by more than a second.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
why use Google when I can just ask Slim who is constantly posting results?
Because (in general) people don't like answering really basic questions all the time? It's like a teenager standing next to you and asking what color the sun is, or how many are in a dozen, or what is the northernmost state in the USA, when they can just google the answers themselves. After a while, someone repeatedly asking such basic questions over and over just gets really annoying.

Try doing something for yourself to answer the easy ones sometimes.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
why use Google when I can just ask Slim who is constantly posting results?
Recap of the first three days of the World Athletics Championships in Eugene, OR (Gold Medalists listed only, unless otherwise indicated):

• Women's 20km Race Walk: Kimberly García León (PER)
  • Men's 20km Race Walk: Toshikazu Yamanishi (JPN)
  • 4x 400m Mixed Relay: (G) DOM, (S) NED, (B) USA
    • USA Team included Allyson Felix, competing in the final race of her career.
  • Men's Hammer Throw: Pawel Fajdek (POL)
  • Women's 10,000m: Letesenbet Gidey (ETH)
  • Men's Long Jump: Jianan Wang (CHN)
  • Women's Shot Put: Chase Ealey (USA)
    • First-ever event gold for United States women.
  • Men's 100m: Fred Kerley (USA)
    • United States sweeps podium
  • Men's Marathon: Tamirat Tola (ETH)
  • Women's Hammer Throw: (G) Brooke Andersen (USA), (S) Camryn Rogers (CAN), (B) Janeé Kassanavoid (USA)
  • Men's 10,000m: Joshua Cheptegei (UGA)
  • Women's Pole Vault: (G) Katie Nageotte (USA), (S) Sandi Morris (USA), (B) Nina Kennedy (AUS)
    • This is a reversal of the result for Morris and Nageotte, who finished 1 and 2, respectively, at the Indoor Championships in Belgrade, in March.
Or, just look through the thread because often the answer is already there?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Because (in general) people don't like answering really basic questions all the time? It's like a teenager standing next to you and asking what color the sun is, or how many are in a dozen, or what is the northernmost state in the USA, when they can just google the answers themselves. After a while, someone repeatedly asking such basic questions over and over just gets really annoying.

Try doing something for yourself to answer the easy ones sometimes.
asked one question, not multiple ones.

The World Athletics (Track & Field) Championships are normally held in odd-numbered years. Since the Tokyo Olympics were delayed a year; these championships were also delayed a year.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
asked one question, not multiple ones.
I wasn't just talking about this thread.

do these occur every four years or every two years?
But, perfect example.

Again, a few seconds with Google:

How often are World Athletics Championships held?

every two years

Today, the competition is staged biennially, usually in the month of August. The World Athletics Indoor Championships is held every two years and provides three action-packed days of intense competition in an intimate arena where fans can see many of the world's best athletes at close range.
I'm not trying to stop anyone from asking questions (and yours are often insightful and personal, leading to some good discussions), but the basic (very easily searched and answered) ones over and over just get really annoying. Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine when people won't do some very basic info gathering for themselves when they have very simple questions...

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wasn't just talking about this thread.

But, perfect example.

Again, a few seconds with Google:

I'm not trying to stop anyone from asking questions (and yours are often insightful and personal, leading to some good discussions), but the basic (very easily searched and answered) ones over and over just get really annoying. Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine when people won't do some very basic info gathering for themselves when they have very simple questions...
I understand and respect your pet peeve but may I suggest simply not responding to my posts if that is the case? I am well aware Google is available to me but I'd rather go an alternative route from time to time.