[SPOARTS!] Comments that don't warrant their own thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Now you're getting it: just because something gets ratings, doesn't mean that it isn't trash... Or do you need me to post the ratings for Keeping Up With the Kardashians and NCIS and The Bachelor, to make my point?

I'm not even saying this on some, "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!", I just want you to acknowledge that you can like something while being aware that it's ridiculous. As a fellow wrasslin' fan, it shouldn't be too hard a concept to grasp.

Or, alternatively, admit that you've got such a hardon for football, that you'll literally watch any football that they put on your TV. And hey, that's okay, too; I'm not here to yuck another man's yum.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Now you're getting it: just because something gets ratings, doesn't mean that it isn't trash... Or do you need me to post the ratings for Keeping Up With the Kardashians and NCIS and The Bachelor, to make my point?

I'm not even saying this on some, "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!", I just want you to acknowledge that you can like something while being aware that it's ridiculous. As a fellow wrasslin' fan, it shouldn't be too hard a concept to grasp.

Or, alternatively, admit that you've got such a hardon for football, that you'll literally watch any football that they put on your TV. And hey, that's okay, too; I'm not here to yuck another man's yum.
... I was just using your post as a segue to posting how many people decided to watch a new startup league. Which I was going to post anyways as a follow up to my original post. Shouldn’t have done that I guess.

Nearly unanimous praise from the online too!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Noted drug cheat and defending Olympic champion in the men's 200m freestyle, Sun Yang of China, has received an eight-year ban from the sport, following a trial in which he was charged with interfering with attempts by WADA to collect a sample for testing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
for those of you out there who partake in Soccer, Bundesliga started today. I had no idea until I saw the boxscores. It's going to take sometime to adjust watching matches without any fans in the stands. Also substitutes and coaching were using the bleachers in order to distance themselves. Best to watch on mute. Glad to have Soccer back though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The NWSL Challenge Cup could be a portent of the randomness to be expected in this COVID-19 sporting experiment: they just completed their quarterfinals today, and no team seeded higher than fourth advanced to the next round!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I have to admit, I have barely ever watched any matches involving Naomi Osaka, when she wasn't competing against Serena. It's refreshing to watch her play, when I'm not actively rooting for her to lose.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Welp, my Top 5 rooting interests for the US Open were 1. Serena Williams, 2. Serena Williams, 3. Serena Williams, 4. Serena Williams, 5. Serena Williams... but, since it couldn't be Serena Williams, I'm glad that Osaka won it. She's the future and, apparently, the present, too.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

Tweets like this, and the conversation surrounding them, are a big part of why I didn't just quit the Kings, but why I got out of the "rooting for teams" business, altogether. If you have a negative opinion about an analyst, based on the notion that that analyst is not sufficiently complimentary to your team, you represent exactly what I hate about fandom.

Lyon sign USWNT prospect Catarina Macario (espn.com)

This is intriguing to me: I didn't know that women's football in Europe was hitting like that, to make leaving school early an option. I'm guessing that the NWSL must have the same problem as the WNBA, in that the foreign leagues pay more money, even though the American league is superior?
I do believe the American league is superior but it is $$$ poor and it really has a small number of profitable teams (the team in Portland draws about quadruple what the rest of the league does). The Euro leagues don't bother with even trying parity either, while the US league is heavily capped and restricts the amount of USWNT players per club.