"SNEEK PEEK" of Brandon Jennings and Johnny Flynn

Flynn is a better play maker and shooter, but I'm worried about his defense at only 5'11''. I think that if we draft Johnny, Donte will be more comfortable on the court and motivated to get better.

Last edited:
Yeah, it all depends on todays workout. Flynn is really growing on to me maybe more so then Jennings(I said maybe). I really wish we could have had Evans in this but it's ok. According to Evans twitter he loves Sacramento.

I doubt Evans really loves sacramento, he is just saying that to get drafted at 4. I also tell schools that I really like them even though they are my backups just because I want to get in.

S

sactownfan

Im high on Flynn... Jennings is a dark horse... but Holiday was the best PG/player in HS a year ago... and If he dominates this workout and displays the ability to create and pass. Then all signs are pointing to Holiday... Holiday being 6-4 and a very solid defender would really help this team right away.

Looking at Beno last year. it seems that if holiday could just be an avg PG with great defense(3pt line) this team would so much better.... AND if Holiday becomes just an above avg PG we could be 8th seed???

with the lack of any production from the PG spot last year its hard to tell how much better we could have been. it was some of the worst PG play i've ever seen.

The thing is we don't want just an average point gaurd, I say we take a chance and pick Jennings or Flynn with 4. whats the worst that could happen, they bust and we get stuck with Beno for another year. Just to remind some of you guys this is the Beno that did this.........

I knew I liked Jennings.....lol

Yeah, that's really the sort of attitude you want your rookie PG to have. :rolleyes:

Jennings showing his immaturity. Don't want any part of him.

Oh, and Brandon, there's a reason your *** was glued to the bench and Rubio's wasn't. And after all the hype you got coming out of HS, you have the nerve to say Rubio is all hype? Whoosh. Irony.

The thing is we don't want just an average point gaurd, I say we take a chance and pick Jennings or Flynn with 4. whats the worst that could happen, they bust and we get stuck with Beno for another year. Just to remind some of you guys this is the Beno that did this.........

Woah that is so weird, I was just watching that clip yesterday on youtube and thinking of saying, well at least he has done this...:eek:

Yeah, that's really the sort of attitude you want your rookie PG to have. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Brandon, there's a reason your *** was glued to the bench and Rubio's wasn't. And after all the hype you got coming out of HS, you have the nerve to say Rubio is all hype? Whoosh. Irony.
Good point, Rubio injured his groin in the playoffs and came back the next game and almost had a triple double, while Jennings didn't even play most of the games in the playoffs.

Actually I would rather have a rookie who is cofident and thinks he is the best then a unconfident rookie who gets discouraged when going up against bigger names.

Well, lets at least wait until we hear what he said in context.

Actually I would rather have a rookie who is cofident and thinks he is the best then a unconfident rookie who gets discouraged when going up against bigger names.

Are you actually saying Rubio gets discouraged going up against better players? Are you actually serious? :eek:

I'd rather have a PG who isn't arrogant, and for no reason at that. Couldn't get any real minutes in Europe while Rubio is arguably the best PG in Europe. Jennings needs to get his head checked. Or maybe he's just bying into the oh-so-clever "Soft Euro" stereotype.

A couple of months ago I saw the HBO real sports segment on Jennings. They asked him if it was really difficult not being able to play much in Italy. His response was something like

"It could be worse. I could be in school right now"

That sort of mental laziness and immaturity is going to hurt his NBA career.

It's not confidence, it's trash talk. Putting others down is not confidence, it's just being an arrogant jerk who's too lazy to show that he's better than everyone else.

Flynn is a better play maker and shooter, but I'm worried about his defense at only 5'11''. I think that if we draft Johnny, Donte will be more comfortable on the court and motivated to get better.
Flynn is 5'11.25" without shoes and 6'0.75" with shoes.

Obviously he's not tall, but without shoes his combine measurement is higher than Bobby Jackson, Jameer Nelson, TJ Ford, Aaron Brooks, DJ Agustin, Brevin Knight and Nate Robinsom among other.

Per Draft Express his speed and agility might be more of an issue (based solely on the combine results). On the other hand, there's no doubt he's a PG.

-Jonny Flynn had the best vertical leap of the day at 40" even, but posted only decent times in the lane agility drill (10.86) and the 3/4 court sprint (3.23) for a player his size. For comparison's sake, Nate Robinson ran a 10.75 and a 2.96 in those drills. Just to give you a feeling of how the speed based drills look historically in terms of their relevance, Flynn's time is matched by notorious speedsters Shaun Livingston and Ronny Turiaf.
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-NBA-Combine-Results-3244/

Are you actually saying Rubio gets discouraged going up against better players? Are you actually serious? :eek:

I'd rather have a PG who isn't arrogant, and for no reason at that. Couldn't get any real minutes in Europe while Rubio is arguably the best PG in Europe. Jennings needs to get his head checked. Or maybe he's just bying into the oh-so-clever "Soft Euro" stereotype.
I never even mentioned Rubio's name....but yes I'm going to say it right now you could go ahead and quote me on this "I GeraldWallace#3 would rather have Brandon Jennings the Ricky Rubio." And when was the last time someone got far in the league by being nice, this is a grown man's game. So what if he says stuff about Holiday, Evans, and everybody's precious Rubio. He is not out here to make friends he is here to get drafted. Almost every single star player has an ego. ex. Joe Johnson sure he made an all star game but I had to look it up to make sure he could never lead a team because he is soft spoken and he dosen't have the star ego. And IMO Jennings has that much needed star ego which made him so succesful in High School.

I never even mentioned Rubio's name....but yes I'm going to say it right now you could go ahead and quote me on this "I GeraldWallace#3 would rather have Brandon Jennings the Ricky Rubio." And when was the last time someone got far in the league by being nice, this is a grown man's game. So what if he says stuff about Holiday, Evans, and everybody's precious Rubio. He is not out here to make friends he is here to get drafted. Almost every single star player has an ego. ex. Joe Johnson sure he made an all star game but I had to look it up to make sure he could never lead a team because he is soft spoken and he dosen't have the star ego. And IMO Jennings has that much needed star ego which made him so succesful in High School.

You've really outdone yourself here. I can't even respond to this. You make my head hurt.

It has more to do with being mature than being "nice". The ego that some stars have is "I'm better than everyone else because I'm just that damn good," not "I'm good and everyone else sucks." Kobe compliments many of his opponents, but he'll always believe he's the best player on the court at all times. If Jennings is really talking trash on Rubio, then his motive is obviously his draft stock and nothing else, I highly doubt it spawns from any genuine confidence.

IHe is not out here to make friends he is here to get drafted. Almost every single star player has an ego. ex. Joe Johnson sure he made an all star game but I had to look it up to make sure he could never lead a team because he is soft spoken and he dosen't have the star ego. And IMO Jennings has that much needed star ego which made him so succesful in High School.
It is entirely possible to have a strong ego and have maturity and class. They are not mutually exclusive. :rolleyes:

It's also very possible to lead without being a loud-mouth. I think example is the best leadership.