Shumpert opts in

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Shump isn't that old so he can be serviceable but his issue is he just is not very durable, there is always an injury holding him out of games.

Shump isn't that old so he can be serviceable but his issue is he just is not very durable, there is always an injury holding him out of games.
I think if we all know Joerger and how he handles vets, we will see more of Shump then you think. Also have to wonder how Temple fits in the rotation, especially if we draft Doncic.

Wonder if we can pay tempky like 2 or 3 mil to opt out?
Why?

He can play the 3, is a seasoned vet with an NBA championship, and a reputation for playing defense. More importantly, he has shown good attitude so far.

Personally, I am scared of giving the management too much cap space in an year they must be under pressure to win. To be fair, so far they have not tied down long term money on any bad contracts, This year though, they are under greater pressure to win, and that can lead to some bad moves. I would rather see the kids get more time and grow.

Health is certainly a concern, but if he can start the season strong, he can be a good trade bait.