Shumpert just got Released any Interest?

Waive Wenyen or Caleb neither will find rotation minutes

Having Inman and James would be my third string wings going into our playoff push
would make me feel real good

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I say we go for it. Then we try to trade for Otto Porter and Stephen Adams. Can we get Boogie back? WCS should be available at the end of the season. When we finish in the lottery maybe we can also see if Joerger wants to come back. Bring in John Salmons as top assistant and see if Petrie has any interest in coming back.

Or, I dunno, we can just get Bagley and Fox re-integrated into what looks like a nice new system and make a small tweak near the all-star break if one is warranted and enjoy a future that looks bright for a change instead of whatever our team looked realistic and good back in NBA 2k17.

I say we go for it. Then we try to trade for Otto Porter and Stephen Adams. Can we get Boogie back? WCS should be available at the end of the season. When we finish in the lottery maybe we can also see if Joerger wants to come back. Bring in John Salmons as top assistant and see if Petrie has any interest in coming back.

Or, I dunno, we can just get Bagley and Fox re-integrated into what looks like a nice new system and make a small tweak near the all-star break if one is warranted and enjoy a future that looks bright for a change instead of whatever our team looked realistic and good back in NBA 2k17.
For half a second, I thought you were serious about Porter and Adams .... then I continued to read. LOL.

I'm with you ... the KINGS have a nice thing going. They're still developing and haven't even been able to incorporate their top guys.

Unless a no-brainer situation is suddenly bestowed upon them, there's really no reason to make any major changes.

The only thing I'd try to do is figure out what Bogie's intentions are. Is he considering re-signing here? If they don't get a good indication from him, I would be ok exploring trades involving him. There's no point in losing him for nothing.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For half a second, I thought you were serious about Porter and Adams .... then I continued to read. LOL.
I just don't understand why people are so focused on what seemed like a good idea last year or bringing back their favorite player, etc. when there is so much good happening. There were people that wanted to bring back a broken down Mitch Richmond when we had our best guard rotation in history. So it's not new, but damn. When has this ever worked out for us? I guess Casspi didn't hurt the team during his second stint, if you want to clear a really low bar.

I agree with Bogie - although I will say he is balling out for us right now and he is doing it while clearly not being 100%. Maybe he is just seizing his moment knowing he may not get it later or maybe this is his signal he's all in. I would love to have a healthy version of this Bogie and the one that plays in the international tournaments. Can we count on that?

There will be teams looking to change it up and we have to think any movement should benefit the Kings.
We have a deep roster but are short on another backup point guard and maybe another big center like.

We should not trade away our core and with that someone will be wanting to dump a good player if we offer the right deal. I saw what vlade did before the season and also know he is lurking and planning to fill some gaps.

We need a backup center and can’t afford to ship Dedmon anyplace with out getting one in return besides his contract doesn’t make either of them easy to move and I am speaking of Adams.

Point guard I hope is solid but with Fox going down really shows how weak we are at that position. Cory is a great defender but can’t score and let’s the opposing team sag away from him which hurts our spacing. And our other pg is just to small on both sides of the ball.

We have movable backup players that may be wanted and a ton of second round picks in the coming years with really I hope not to many open roster spots. Where are we going to put 4 new players next year. A 2nd round pick can prove to become a solid player but to me those are long odds.

My faith in Vlade so let’s see how he does this time.