Shaq's new rap cd disses Kobe! Fun!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5951675/

Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal, on a new rap CD he is making in collaboration with DJ Vlad, takes some shots at former Los Angeles Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant, ESPN reported.
On the song "You Not The Fightin' Type," part of the new CD "Hot In Here Part Five," O'Neal calls out Cincinnati-based radio disc jockey DJ Skillz and sings, "Even with wings you never as fly as me ... you remind me of Kobe Bryant trying to be as high as me ... but you can't ... even if you get me traded ... wherever I'm at, I'm Puffy; you Mase and you're still hated."

O'Neal has two previous rap albums, "Shaq Diesel" and "Shaq Fu -- Da Return."

Bryant, who signed a seven-year, $136.4 million contract with the Lakers in July, was rumored to have influenced the Lakers not to renew coach Phil Jackson's contract and to trade O'Neal to the Heat, ESPN said.

Those moves came after the Lakers lost in five games to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA finals.

© 2004 NBC Sports.com

Evenstar said:
LOL they played a clip on sportscenter last night. i thought it was funny, but at the same time, GET OVER IT!
He can't. His feelings were hurt and it probably burns him that Kupchak and Kobe don't return his volleys.

I think the only way this feud will ever end is for either Shaq or Kobe to win another title. If neither ever do and retire, then the feud and debate over whether or not the Lakers could have done it again had they kept Shaq and Kobe will live on forever. In a way, I would like to see Shaq win a title with the Heat then rub it in Kobe and Kupcake's face... of course, that would have to be the Kings were rebuilding the team...

NoBonus said:
I think the only way this feud will ever end is for either Shaq or Kobe to win another title. If neither ever do and retire, then the feud and debate over whether or not the Lakers could have done it again had they kept Shaq and Kobe will live on forever. In a way, I would like to see Shaq win a title with the Heat then rub it in Kobe and Kupcake's face... of course, that would have to be the Kings were rebuilding the team...
I just think the "feud" will continue for as long as BSPN can drag it out. My only hope is that Shaq develops a disliking for Wade faster than scheduled.

Gargamel said:
I just think the "feud" will continue for as long as BSPN can drag it out. My only hope is that Shaq develops a disliking for Wade faster than scheduled.
LOL i've never heard/thought of that. that is awesome!!!! *laughs*

Yeah, I'm surprised Jim Gray didn't report this months ago....since he's so in the know about everything living, breathing or mentioned about Kobe. He's the Fonsworth Bentley of the NBA.

The only way it will end is if Shaq shuts up. It's become so one-sided on this feud about the same old thing over and over and over.

A

AriesMar27

That Nucca Nucca can not rap to save his life. If people think he has no NBA range, well he really has no musical range to speak of

Update

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5972261/

Shaq raps and blasts
Kobe, Ben Wallace
O'Neal's new CD takes shot
at ex-teammate, Pistons center
Kobe Bryant says he is hurt and angry by Shaquille O'Neal's new rap song.

The Associated Press
Updated: 7:29 p.m. ET Sept. 11, 2004

LOS ANGELES - The way Shaquille O’Neal sees it, he soars higher than Kobe Bryant, and he’s got the rap to back it up. And the Miami Heat center isn’t crazy about Detroit Pistons center Ben Wallace or the rapper Skillz, either.

O’Neal, when not dominating NBA games, has dabbled in hip-hop over the years. His latest effort is a collaboration with DJ Vlad on the CD “Hot in Here Part Five.”

On “You Not The Fightin’ Type,” O’Neal sets out to even scores with several people: Bryant, who he believes got him traded from the Los Angeles Lakers; Wallace, whose Pistons defeated the Lakers for this year’s NBA championship; and Skillz, whose rap “The Champs is Here” celebrated the Detroit victory.

“I heard your little interview and what Ben Wallace said. I ain’t got no response for spider-web head,” O’Neal raps.

“Even with wings you never as fly as me,” he continues. “You remind me of Kobe Bryant trying to be as high as me ... but you can’t ... even if you get me traded ... wherever I’m at, I’m Puffy; you Ma$e and you’re still hated.”

The latter line is an apparent reference to rapper P. Diddy and his former protege Ma$e, who left hip-hop several years ago to become a minister and criticized the music as violent and sexually degrading. Ma$e returned to the fold this year with a new album featuring clean lyrics.

O’Neal and Bryant led the Lakers to three straight championships from 2000-02. Bryant says he was not responsible for O’Neal’s trade to Miami.

“That upsets me. That angers me. That hurts me,” Bryant said in a story posted on ESPN.com this week. “They did what they had to do. That had nothing to do with me.”

I guess ESPN was too fixated on Kobe that they couldn't give a grain of salt that he mentions Ben Wallace in the same song