Shaq to Cavs?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yes, apparently those discussions started all the way back before the trade dealine this year.

I dunno -- old Shaq with one more chance at a title. But this is old Shaq. Slow Shaq. Lane clogging Shaq stationed in between the best finisher in the game and the hoop. And then there is of course Shaq's ego. If he makes even one remark about LeBron being his little sidekick, they are done. Its clear what the theory is, especially after the pathetic display in the Conference Finals. But this smacks of desperation and could blow up big time in their faces. Not even sure how valuable it would be in keeping Lebron, entirely apart from whether Shaq's ego fractures the locker room. With this apparently being Shaq's final year, from LeBron's perspective how persuasive would winnning a title with him be to staying? The extra piece needed to win the title just walked out the door the same summer you became a free agent.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, it definitely screams "this is our last and only chance" to me. And if they don't give up too much it just might get it done. But then what?

If i was the Cavs, I would go after Zach Randolph. He's a headcase but he'll give them a legitimate scoring threat and Lebron James can keep his attitude in check.

Wouldn't put it past Snaq - he's such a frontrunner. Cleveland, don't do this deal. Stay young and try to find a good penetrating point guard.

I read that earlier today. Says the main parts of the deal would be Wallace and Pavlovic. If that's all they lose, they'd be stupid not to do it IMO, even if Shaq only has a year, maybe 2 left.

Although this deal was talked about around the trade deadline, I find it a bit more than ironic that all of this talk and analysis resurfaces on the day that Kobe gets his title without Shaq.

Granted, this was being talked about before the game began...but still, a little bit of thunder taken from poor Kobe again by Shaq. :D

Although this deal was talked about around the trade deadline, I find it a bit more than ironic that all of this talk and analysis resurfaces on the day that Kobe gets his title without Shaq.

Granted, this was being talked about before the game began
...but still, a little bit of thunder taken from poor Kobe again by Shaq. :D
As if that matters in a Lakers playoff game ;)

I would deffinetly go after shaq if I were the Cavs. He actually had a mini comeback year last year, and the legit chance for a title could motivate him. Seeing him and Lebron together would be interesting too.

The Cavs need to get a championship out of Lebron while they have the chance, so yea, I think a trade for shaq would be a good move, they have to figure out a way to keep his minutes down though so he can be effective in the playoffs.

The Cavs should’ve row the dice on this Shaq deal before the trade deadline.

Everyone calls Shaq slow, but remember he was still holding his own against Dwight Howard this season. You can even argue that Shaq outplayed howard in some games. The key was, Shaq defended Howard 1 on 1. The Suns didn’t need to send double teams. But remember the Magic was actually doubling on Shaq.

Imagine what Delonte West and Mo Williams could’ve done with Shaq drawing doubles. I think the Cavs would’ve beat the Magic with Shaq. This is a resurgence Shaq at the 2nd half of the season. If he was on the Cavs and knows he has the chance at a 5th title, Shaq would play even more inspired.

Now for this yr, I think the Cavs should still do it. I mean they aren’t really giving anything up to get Shaq. Ben Wallace and Pavlovic. I don’t think $ is a big factor right now either as they just got new owners from China injecting money.

Just too bad they didn’t pull the trigger this yr as I’m pretty sure the Cavs would’ve won it all.

Shaq in a Cavs uniform? I hate it. Has there ever been another Center as great as Shaq that has played for so many teams? In a perfect world I'd love for Shaq to come back to LA to end his career rather than go to yet another team.

This would be interesting. Shaq wouldn't have but a few years left .
I was glad LA won this year but I would be even happier to see Lebron win a championship.

Ben

Shaq in a Cavs uniform? I hate it. Has there ever been another Center as great as Shaq that has played for so many teams? In a perfect world I'd love for Shaq to come back to LA to end his career rather than go to yet another team.
This post alone has made up my mind. Shaq gets my vote to go to the Cavs. :D

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
What about back to Orlando where it all started? Howard always called himself a PF anyway.