SF trade targets

dude12

Hall of Famer
Didn’t really see a thread dedicated to this. Stories coming out now in regards to Sac are that they are seeking a SF through trade. Who would be good trade targets?

Philly took on Wilson Chandler so he’s out.
Melo can veto any trade and we wouldn’t want him anyway
Lakers have Deng but they would have to pony up assets and they don’t appear to want to do that
Otto Porter...just don’t see Wash trading him.

So who could be out there that we could move one of our expirings

Kent Bazemore...ATL probably wouldn’t mind getting out of his contract and he’s young enough
Kelly Oubre....I bet if we took on Mahinmi contract we might be able to obtain him but not sure Wash wants to
OKC is way over the cap...would they trade Roberson

May have to be patient and look to be part of a 3 team deal where the other two teams need help to get it done.

I'm not seeing much besides Oubre as possible in a 2 team trade that would make sense.

James Nunnally, a 27 year old SF last played in Europe has heard from 9 playoff teams and 1 non playoff team (Clippers). I know nothing about him but it seems more and more teams are going to Europe to get veteran players, I hope the Kings are looking too.

Didn’t really see a thread dedicated to this. Stories coming out now in regards to Sac are that they are seeking a SF through trade. Who would be good trade targets?

Philly took on Wilson Chandler so he’s out.
Melo can veto any trade and we wouldn’t want him anyway
Lakers have Deng but they would have to pony up assets and they don’t appear to want to do that
Otto Porter...just don’t see Wash trading him.

So who could be out there that we could move one of our expirings

Kent Bazemore...ATL probably wouldn’t mind getting out of his contract and he’s young enough
Kelly Oubre....I bet if we took on Mahinmi contract we might be able to obtain him but not sure Wash wants to
OKC is way over the cap...would they trade Roberson
Wilson Chandler can be traded again immediatelly, however, I don't know why would 6s do that.

#1 Marcus Morris, Celtics fully healthy have Brown/Tatum and Hayward
#2: TJ Warren: Ariza/Jackson/Bridges are all SF's
Aminu: Portland has to do something different
Justin Anderson/TLC both look like odd men out atm in Philly
Lance Thomas: cheap but not much of an upgrade if at all
MKG: Can't shoot but can defend/injury prone
Terrance Ross; sucks but if Nik Vucevic comes with him would not mind it

Unless we can get someone in a salary dump and get a first rounder in return, I would be happy to give Justin Jackson the opportunity to seize the starting small forward spot.

Justin plays defense and he has the size and shooting ability, he just needs to get more consistent and be more assertive.

I think it is a mental thing for him, he is just too passive. Same thing happened at North Carolina. It took him a couple of years to really assert himself there and i think he will start to assert himself here next year, if given the green light by coach.

I think JJ can become a very good small forward in the league. We may be overlooking a gem currently on our team already. ;)

Unless we can get someone in a salary dump and get a first rounder in return, I would be happy to give Justin Jackson the opportunity to seize the starting small forward spot.

Justin plays defense and he has the size and shooting ability, he just needs to get more consistent and be more assertive.

I think it is a mental thing for him, he is just too passive. Same thing happened at North Carolina. It took him a couple of years to really assert himself there and i think he will start to assert himself here next year, if given the green light by coach.

I think JJ can become a very good small forward in the league. We may be overlooking a gem currently on our team already. ;)

Based on what? 2 Summer League games?
Really? He Sucks! He wouldn’t be nothing more than a D leaguer.

Based on what? 2 Summer League games?
Really? He Sucks! He wouldn’t be nothing more than a D leaguer.
Justin Jackson has shown flashes last year in many games.

His problem is consistency and staying aggressive.

There were a more than a handful of games when he looked like he could be a quality starter in the league, but then he would disappear the next few games. But he showed the ability to play in the league.

He has shown flashes and I think he can develop into a quality starter if given the green light and confidence by the coach.

Nobody they can get is significantly better than the wings they already have. They have cap space, and they need talent. What are they going to trade with? Their veteran expiring deals are more valuable near the deadline for teams over the cap like Houston, OKC, etc. Use those assets as leverage for a deal then.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't know tons about Oubre but the WAS fan base is about as high on him as we are on WCS and would welcome a straight up swap. Seems possibly a change of scenery does both good but I wouldn't be shocked if we lost that trade.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Justin Jackson has shown flashes last year in many games.

His problem is consistency and staying aggressive.

There were a more than a handful of games when he looked like he could be a quality starter in the league, but then he would disappear the next few games. But he showed the ability to play in the league.

He has shown flashes and I think he can develop into a quality starter if given the green light and confidence by the coach.
But he sucks!

;)

Seriously, I totally agree with your assessment. He has the ability. I truly think we're gonna see more from him this year if he's allowed to grow and learn from his mistakes.

I don’t think we will see much from him.
2 games in a Summer league means Nothing!

Now. If he can put together 15-20
Games of good play during the regular season. Ok

I am not worried. He won’t be starting.
Joerger won’t let that happen. Kings will sign someone or trade for another SF.

Nobody they can get is significantly better than the wings they already have. They have cap space, and they need talent. What are they going to trade with? Their veteran expiring deals are more valuable near the deadline for teams over the cap like Houston, OKC, etc. Use those assets as leverage for a deal then.
I don’t know what the rush is to fill that SF position. This team is not going to be good this year and other than Lebron or KD, there was no SF in the market that would have changed that. I’m firmly in the camp of using cap space to get draft picks. It’s what the Sixers and Celtics have done and it has put them in position to go out and trade for pieces they want using those assets.

Jake Layman is impressing me in Summer League. Still has a year left on his contract (Portland) and not sure Portland's plans for him, but really nice game and surprising athleticism. If the Kings are gonna sit on their hands this summer, it would be fun to make a small little deal for a player like Layman.

Had 24 points last night and four threes.

Watch the slo-mo at the end of the video:

Kevin Pelton's review of recent moves includes this discussion of the 76ers:

The downside is that adding three players pushes the 76ers to 17 players under contract, including Holmes and T.J. McConnell, whose 2018-19 salaries are non-guaranteed. Philadelphia will likely look to buy out Jerryd Bayless to clear one spot.

That still leaves the Sixers needing to waive or trade one of Holmes, McConnell, Justin Anderson, Furkan Korkmaz or Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot. Anderson, in the final year of his rookie contract, is probably the most likely candidate, but teams that are interested in dealing for Korkmaz and Luwawu-Cabarrot should get on the phone now. Where 2017 second-round pick Jonah Bolden -- who will apparently play for the team during summer league -- fits into this mix remains unclear.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23997529/nba-free-agency-rating-every-move-deal-contract

Could the Kings try to snag summer league legend Korkmaz or TLC as compensation for taking on the Bayless deal? Bayless might actually be a decent fit in terms of keeping the backup PG spot warm, and while Korkmaz or TLC are both more natural SGs, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a flier on either at SF.

Skal Labissiere for Royce O'Neale

Weight = 220 lbs
Height w/o shoes = 6'5.5"
Wingspan = 6'10"
Standing reach = 8'8"
36% 3pt shooter (in college, shot 47% from three his junior year and 44% from three his senior year)
Good defender (-5.7 Def on/off, 1.97 DRPM, & 2.63 DRAPM)
Good rebounder (7.4 rebounds per 36 min)
Good passer & decision maker (3.0 assist per 36 min with a 1.76 AST/TO ratio)

The Jazz have a lot of perimeter players at the moment that can be useful players:
PG - Rubio / Exum
SG - Mitchell / Burks / Allen
SF - Ingles / Crowder / Sefolosha / O'Neale

But they don't have a lot of options at PF (unless they want to go small):
PF - Favors
C - Gobert / Udoh / Bradley

Labissiere gives them a PF with size that can can stretch the floor while still having decent upside to grow into a starting role next to Gobert. @Npliam what do you think from the Jazz's side?

PG - Fox / Temple / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield / Shumpert
SF - O'Neale / Jackson
PF - Bagley / Giles
C - Cauley-Stein / Koufos / Randolph

Last edited:
Jordan Schultz: Sources: #Bulls / #Kings remain in play for #Cavs’ RFA Rodney Hood. Hood, 25, would provide shooting for CHI – 26th in 3-pt % – and offense for SAC – dead last in scoring last year – after Zach LaVine’s offer sheet was matched by Bulls. 3-horse race for Hood: Cavs, Kings, Bulls.

– via Twitter Schultz_Report
Telling ya, Kings are unwittingly screwing up other teams cap space. Cavs probably match. Then Parker, Smart, and Capela in sequence. Make offers just enough to make the other teams uncomfortable but having to match. Hee.

I'm not high on him at all but I'd rather the Kings go after Jabari Parker than Hood. I think he will be better in the future than Hood.
My guess is Parker has some pretty big red flags with his knees in NBA circles. Because if not, he's a half to full-season to getting back in game shape and is already quite a weapon.

My guess is Parker has some pretty big red flags with his knees in NBA circles. Because if not, he's a half to full-season to getting back in game shape and is already quite a weapon.
That's basically the only reason why he's available.

Hood has also had a ton of injuries himself and hasn't been the same player since his foot injury I believe.

Maybe the Kings staff can rehab him like they did with Giles ;)

Skal Labissiere for Royce O'Neale

Weight = 220 lbs
Height w/o shoes = 6'5.5"
Wingspan = 6'10"
Standing reach = 8'8"
36% 3pt shooter (in college, shot 47% from three his junior year and 44% from three his senior year)
Good defender (-5.7 Def on/off, 1.97 DRPM, & 2.63 DRAPM)
Good rebounder (7.4 rebounds per 36 min)
Good passer & decision maker (3.0 assist per 36 min with a 1.76 AST/TO ratio)

The Jazz have a lot of perimeter players at the moment that can be useful players:
PG - Rubio / Exum
SG - Mitchell / Burks / Allen
SF - Ingles / Crowder / Sefolosha / O'Neale

But they don't have a lot of options at PF (unless they want to go small):
PF - Favors
C - Gobert / Udoh / Bradley

Labissiere gives them a PF with size that can can stretch the floor while still having decent upside to grow into a starting role next to Gobert. @Npliam what do you think from the Jazz's side?

PG - Fox / Temple / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield / Shumpert
SF - O'Neale / Jackson
PF - Bagley / Giles
C - Cauley-Stein / Koufos / Randolph
Would love Oneale but after the way he played last year he will be playing a ton more this year with Crowder imo most likely playing more PF (why they wavied Jerebko) behind Favors since they have no one else. He's a valuable piece for them he could be in the right situation a similar player to Jonathon Simmons

Would love Oneale but after the way he played last year he will be playing a ton more this year with Crowder imo most likely playing more PF (why they wavied Jerebko) behind Favors since they have no one else. He's a valuable piece for them he could be in the right situation a similar player to Jonathon Simmons
Talking to Jazz fans on other forums, they are (for the most part) on board with doing the deal I outlined. They even said that they could toss in a 2nd as well.

MKG anyone? I know he can't shoot to save his life but he's a defensive bulldog when healthy.
Straight up for Skal?
I wouldn't mind TJ Warren but he'll cost us more.

If the Hawks want to dump Bazemore and the Kings don't get Smart I would really look into a 3 way deal where the Magic get Dennis Schroder we get Bazemore and Vucevic and send out Z-Bo (expiring) and WCS/Skal or both, Hawks also get Jerani Grant

Kings:
PG: Fox/ not Mason
SG: Bogie/Buddy
SF: Bazemore/Jackson
PF: Bags/Giles
C: Vucevic/Giles/Bags

You got floor spacing for Fox and Bags and if things go to complete crap Vuc expires this year and Bazemore is an expiring contract next year, I personally think that's a competitive team at least. You got 3 legit starters and 2 guys who have potential.

Kevin Pelton's review of recent moves includes this discussion of the 76ers:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23997529/nba-free-agency-rating-every-move-deal-contract

Could the Kings try to snag summer league legend Korkmaz or TLC as compensation for taking on the Bayless deal? Bayless might actually be a decent fit in terms of keeping the backup PG spot warm, and while Korkmaz or TLC are both more natural SGs, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a flier on either at SF.
Where do I sign up for Jerryd Bayless as the backup PG!!!! Sounds good!!

Jordan Schultz: Sources: #Bulls / #Kings remain in play for #Cavs’ RFA Rodney Hood. Hood, 25, would provide shooting for CHI – 26th in 3-pt % – and offense for SAC – dead last in scoring last year – after Zach LaVine’s offer sheet was matched by Bulls. 3-horse race for Hood: Cavs, Kings, Bulls.

– via Twitter Schultz_Report

PG - Fox, Bayless, Bogdanovic, Temple/Shumpert, Mason
SG - Bogdanovic, Hield, Hood, Jackson, Temple/Shumpert
SF - Hood, Jackson, Bogdanovic, Temple/Shumpert
PF - Bagley. Skal, Giles, Z-Bo, Jackson
C - WCS, Giles, Koufos, Bagley, Skal, Z-Bo

2-ways; Sampson, Gabriel

Looks good to me...

I wonder what the record is for lefties on a squad.