Schedule Release

The schedule will be released Friday. This release should be of great import to Kings fans. Last year was a balanced schedule where everyone in conference had 3 games against each other. This year we are back to 82 which means 10 more games in conference.

we know 4 of those will be: Lakers, Suns, Clippers and Phoenix.

what we should be hoping to see:
  • 4 games against OKC and Houston
  • Only one game in Denver and 3 early
  • Only 3 games against Utah
  • Early games against the Warriors
  • Late games against the Lakers.
  • Early games against the Clippers
  • Limited B2B against Memphis, Pels, Portland

The schedule will be released Friday. This release should be of great import to Kings fans. Last year was a balanced schedule where everyone in conference had 3 games against each other. This year we are back to 82 which means 10 more games in conference.

I thought you knew the nba? It rotates the divisions for who gets 3 or 4 games. We are scheduled (unless last year changes it)to have 3 games vs the northwest and 2 years ago we had Denver at home twice.

I thought you knew the nba? It rotates the divisions for who gets 3 or 4 games. We are scheduled (unless last year changes it)to have 3 games vs the northwest and 2 years ago we had Denver at home twice.
It is all set in stone. Here is an article that mentions the 5-year rotation for who you play 3/4 times. Looks like they will use the 2020-21 rotation for this year since it wasn’t used last year.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-plans-to-start-2021-22-season-in-october?amp=1

Since the Kings won summer league they should have the option of switching two games this year to the team of their choice. I say 2 more against OKC would be fine, haha.
Until we realize they're in 11th place and the 2 OKC games come at the end of the year and knock them from the 6th pick to the 9th pick in the draft.

Until we realize they're in 11th place and the 2 OKC games come at the end of the year and knock them from the 6th pick to the 9th pick in the draft.
I don't think they're going to F around this year. They'll have to be shooting for a top spot in the Holmgren sweepstakes. For the first time since Zion this is probably the guy teams will want to tank for.

Schedule release coming out at 12pm PST. Assuming we get a bad schedule (it’s almost certain we do) we should really learn how to prioritize certain games to use our energy and get the wins while getting blown out in others then using backups for heavy mimutes while starters stay more fresh

Last edited:

4 games against Houston and 4 against OKC. The OKC games are all early but Houston is in the prime tanking window post all star break.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

• As you pointed out above, yes, and yes. 6 of the 8 are in the second half of the season.
  • No. Two games in Denver, none early (first is Game 41)
  • No. Four games with Utah. However, three are by Thanksgiving.
  • Maybe. Two in the first half, two in the second half.
  • No. Last game against the Lakers is Game 44.
  • Yes. Three games by Game 33, then Game 81 (they may have already shut it down).
  • Looks like 14 total B2Bs, only one against the teams on your list. B2B teams (second team), Bad: Pels, Suns, @Suns, Jazz, @Clips, @Warriors, @Warriors, Mavs, Hawks, @Hawks Not so bad: Cavs, @Cavs, Wolves, @Spurs
Kind of a wash? Could have been worse, I guess.

• As you pointed out above, yes, and yes. 6 of the 8 are in the second half of the season.

• Yes. Three games by Game 33, then Game 81 (they may have already shut it down).

• Looks like 14 total B2Bs, only one against the teams on your list. B2B teams (second team), Bad: Pels, Suns, @Suns, Jazz, @Clips, @Warriors, @Warriors, Mavs, Hawks, @Hawks Not so bad: Cavs, @Cavs, Wolves, @Spurs
where do you see the schedule? I can’t find it and if the schedule feels like a wash that’s a plus for Kangz basketball cause I was expecting :rolleyes:

Thanks for doing all the hard work for me! Would be interesting to see who the Blazers, TWolves, Pels and Grizz have 3 games against in our division. If/when I get a chance will look it up.

not sure I agree on the b2b against the Wolves being not bad. Would rather have them against the Bucks or a team we will likely lose to anyway. Maybe a wash if you swap out the Suns.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The season ending on a road back to back with Clippers (possibly with Kawhi back at this point) and the Suns seems unnecessarily cruel although there is a strong chance both teams could be resting dudes for the postseason at that point in the season.