Say it isn't true Matt!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
uh oh

and you really can't have Matt Barnes pulling DMC down into his sordid little world. I frankly don't mind so much if he is off being an idiot in a bar himself, because that's who he is and you anticipate such dumbassery. But you can't pull the franchise down into it too.

Bricklayer

Cut him. Insert Skal in his role, tank the season if so be it.
No. This franchise has had more than enough of wild intemperate chemistry wrecking actions over the years. We'll have to do something in house, but not overreact.

We knew what we were getting. All part of the package.

uh oh

and you really can't have Matt Barnes pulling DMC down into his sordid little world. I frankly don't mind so much if he is off being an idiot in a bar himself, because that's who he is and you anticipate such dumbassery. But you can't pull the franchise down into it too.
Looks like Cuz is favoring his right hand some in the video. I hope Cuz wasn't involved, and if he was I hope he didn't injure his hand

Bricklayer

Looks like Cuz is favoring his right hand some in the video. I hope Cuz wasn't involved, and if he was I hope he didn't injure his hand
I thought the same thing and was initially worried that he had said HE threw the haymaker, but the conversation at the end seems to indicate it was Barnes. Still throwing punches or not, again, you just cannot have the franchise getting hurt or tarnished for such things. That's what you have thugs around to do -- do thug things. But they have to keep it in house. Helps the ole intimidation factor.

Bricklayer

If Barnes did allegedly choke a female what would you consider overreacting?
acting before we know what the hell truly went on, for one.

Cuz seems to be talking like all he saw was some dude trying to choke Barnes, and Barnes throwing a haymaker at him. Who knows with the initial incident. I think it can be assumed that Matt did not just walk into the bar, pick out a random woman, and start choking her. So who knows what happened at this point. Unfortunately I would imagine the 1-11 struggle and Derek Fisher antics and Garden crowd taunting may have warmed this situation up.

Bricklayer

Right......that's why is seems odd he's shaking his hand like you would do after you hurt it throwing a punch. I'm not saying he did but judging by his reaction I wouldn't be surprised if we find out after the investigation he did.
Or he was involved in the pushing and shoving trying to get Barnes out of the club, got his finger caught in clothing etc.

This is twice now when Cuz has been out with somebody who decided to play the fool. The other time was his brother. It's dangerous.

Cuz punched the dude

Cuz says the guy was choking matt so I "stole" on the dude.

"Stole" is another word for punch.
He was bragging about punching some dude.
I have never heard "stole" used that way. Here is how the urban dictionary describes the word

stole
To punch someone in the face
I stole him after when he started talking trash about mi mama.

If this is the case bad judgement by Cuz considering his hand is already hurt

Yeah not a good look for a team trying to turn itself around, getting closer and closer to that blow it up point. This type of situation sure doesn't help trade value and this isn't the first time Cuz has been involved in an altercation at a night club/bar, the one with he and his brother in Tampa got swept under the rug a little bit... lets hope this one does too.

Bricklayer

Yeah not a good look for a team trying to turn itself around, getting closer and closer to that blow it up point. This type of situation sure doesn't help trade value and this isn't the first time Cuz has been involved in an altercation at a night club/bar, the one with he and his brother in Tampa got swept under the rug a little bit... lets hope this one does too.
The one with his brother got swept under because there was footage showing that Cuz didn't do anything and got pulled away as his idiot brother was getting tazed.

If Cuz did throw a punch in this one it will be an entirely different reaction. Half the people out there are still convinced Cuz is a thug anyway because he argues on court, and that scares their poor little sensibilities. If Matt Barnes comes to town and creates a situation that will confirm those prejudices for so many, he can go **** himself.

The one with his brother got swept under because there was footage showing that Cuz didn't do anything and got pulled away as his idiot brother was getting tazed.

If Cuz did throw a punch in this one it will be an entirely different reaction. Half the people out there are still convinced Cuz is a thug anyway because he argues on court, and that scares their poor little sensibilities. If Matt Barnes comes to town and creates a situation that will confirm those prejudices for so many, he can go **** himself.
Cuz has a little track record now when it comes to these things, Didn't Cuz throw a punch at Donte Green? Or the incident with O.J Mayo where he chased him down looking for a fight? and We all know Barnes's history. There might have been more but bottomline as the franchise player coming off close losses on a team trying to turn it around being out late night with another person who also has temperament issues was probably not the best idea. Having a guy like Matt Barnes around an organization that isn't stable might have been the biggest mistake this off season.

We have time to turn it around but what would be a double whammy is Cuz tanking his trade value right as we are pinned into having to trade him, teams are already circling like vultures trying to rob us, crap like this only feeds the notion that he can be had for peanuts and that hurts the team in the long haul.

Again lets hope details come out that Cuz and Barnes were only defending themselves but with both of there respective histories I'm not holding out any hope.

Cuz has a little track record now when it comes to these things, Didn't Cuz throw a punch at Donte Green? Or the incident with O.J Mayo where he chased him down looking for a fight? and We all know Barnes's history. There might have been more but bottomline as the franchise player coming off close losses on a team trying to turn it around being out late night with another person who also has temperament issues was probably not the best idea. Having a guy like Matt Barnes around an organization that isn't stable might have been the biggest mistake this off season.

We have time to turn it around but what would be a double whammy is Cuz tanking his trade value right as we are pinned into having to trade him, teams are already circling like vultures trying to rob us, crap like this only feeds the notion that he can be had for peanuts and that hurts the team in the long haul.

Again lets hope details come out that Cuz and Barnes were only defending themselves but with both of there respective histories I'm not holding out any hope.
He looks intoxicated and it was the other night where Barnes/Cousins posted that Hennessy video, and one of my concerns is Cousins losing physical fitness as the season has wore on

Hopefully this is cleared up. Barnes hasn't been impressive on the floor and has been supplanted by Omri already IMO

Kingster

Hall of Famer
No. This franchise has had more than enough of wild intemperate chemistry wrecking actions over the years. We'll have to do something in house, but not overreact.

We knew what we were getting. All part of the package.
And in Lawson we knew what we were getting. If he goes off the wagon I guess it's no big deal because we knew what we were getting. Whatever blows up in your face, as long as you knew what you were getting, apparently is no big deal.