Sacramento - MLS

so it's kind of a substitute for time outs?
One way to look at it. Keep in mind, as well, that Soccer utilizes a running clock each half. It doesn't stop when a team scores, or when the ball goes out of bounds, or when there's a substitution...so the 45 minutes and change is actually 45 minutes and change in REAL TIME...

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
Contributor
One way to look at it. Keep in mind, as well, that Soccer utilizes a running clock each half. It doesn't stop when a team scores, or when the ball goes out of bounds, or when there's a substitution...
Now that I can watch the Republic games on TV, I need to pay closer attention. Both of my granddaughters play in comp leagues in Sacramento so I have no excuse for not learning more about the game. :)

Now that I can watch the Republic games on TV, I need to pay closer attention. Both of my granddaughters play in comp leagues in Sacramento so I have no excuse for not learning more about the game. :)
Soccer is a fun game to watch. Some matches can definitely be a snooze fest. But, for the most part, it's a fun sport. World Cup is usually the most fun. I can't wait to be able to watch some Republic games live. I'm beating myself over my head for not going while I was in the area to begin with. Now, I can't wait to move back...;)

Basically they add 1 or 2 minutes for time wasting + 30 seconds per sub, so the first half will typically have 45 + 1 or 2 stoppage minutes and the second half will have 3 minutes minimum assuming all teams make their subs. Usually 4-6 minutes is normal at the end of the second half.