Rudy T?

Do you think Rudy T. should be in consideration?

• Yes

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Don't know or care

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

NJO

Prospect
He is a great coach who understands basketball and has won championships. Also has coached K9 in the past so maybe could get him to stop whining about coming off the bench when SAR takes over.

I think he would be a great option...if he was healthy. It's not that teams dont want him it's that he's not healthy and he decided to leave. I would be stoked if we got him though

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Not a real improvement from Rick but a step ahead of most of the other candidates. I would have concerns about his health. His history with the Rockets and the old Maloof organization make him more likely than one might think innitaly.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I voted no because of the health concerns. I don't think he has what he used to have to make a real go of it.

I voted "don't know," because on first glance he doesn't seem young, hungry and healthy to get it done. But. One should never, I'm told, underestimate the heart of a champion.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I've alwys considered Rudy T overrated. After that one year, and then one amazing playtoff run, his teams were disappointments every single year, and people just gave him a pass on it because he happened to squeeze in there for those rings while Jordan was playing baseball.

That said, I have been suggesting him as an option for some time now. In fact he is basically the last/only employable coach (unless you count the ghost of Lenny Wilkens) in the NBA who has been FURTHER than Rick (just as in winning the extra game or two and getting the title -- we can talk later about the comparative competition).

Not a disciplinarian (which is a GOOD thing). Not a defensive guru. But a nice guy who gets along with egos (key for Artest) and coould keep things moving forward. If he still has it in him physically.