Rudy Gay and Darren Collison are both out tonight vs the Rockets

I think part of it is just being careful with rudy, he had been playing thru it prior to this time off. they CANNOT have anything happen to his achilles.

S

sactownfan

Anyone else a little worried Rudy agreed to sign because he was concerned with his Achilles?

And we still got this too.
no that would be pretty cold blooded on his part. Not unheard of but still that would be pretty terrible. If you go back to the start of the season he's had a ton of ankle rolls/sprains more than another player on this team. I think its a combo of a build up of small injuries and just normal wear over the summer playing with USA... they all got nagging pains. unless its torn or ruptured ... he will be ok. Its better than having plantar fasciitis

We can't keep expecting to win when our best players are out. It was nice last night but we cannot expect the bench to perform this well every night.

Anyone else a little worried Rudy agreed to sign because he was concerned with his Achilles?

And we still got this too.
Two games, and there's already finger pointing at Rudy. Imagine getting a guy, who routinely plays half a season or Kings' own Rose saga...Yes, his decision was in part motivated by lingering injury, that he might be nursing since last February. And with contract signed, I believe, he consciously took a step back to be more of a playmaker in Wolves game. At the same time, I'm sure he was checked, and there was no structural damage, so it will go away with some rest.

Two games, and there's already finger pointing at Rudy. Imagine getting a guy, who routinely plays half a season or Kings' own Rose saga...Yes, his decision was in part motivated by lingering injury, that he might be nursing since last February. And with contract signed, I believe, he consciously took a step back to be more of a playmaker in Wolves game. At the same time, I'm sure he was checked, and there was no structural damage, so it will go away with some rest.
There is a difference between pointing a finger and wondering.

I'm worried we will have to deal with this long term. an Achilles is serious.

There is a difference between pointing a finger and wondering.

I'm worried we will have to deal with this long term. an Achilles is serious.
There really is no way to get rid of what Rudy has during the season. At best, you treat the symptoms and make it feel better. He needs an extended period of rest (weeks - months with proper treatment) to feel better and actually allow healing to occur. My guess is that this won't be the last time Rudy misses time because of the achilles.

There really is no way to get rid of what Rudy has during the season. At best, you treat the symptoms and make it feel better. He needs an extended period of rest (weeks - months with proper treatment) to feel better and actually allow healing to occur. My guess is that this won't be the last time Rudy misses time because of the achilles.
We all have heard/seen people with a serious Achilles injury.

I have not heard or seen as much with the day to day sort of situation. How much time does this sort of thing take typically to get over? Is it like a groin where it could be months and easy risk to re-injure?

Are you certain it won't be healed this season?

Does it usually take so long?

We all have heard/seen people with a serious Achilles injury.

I have not heard or seen as much with the day to day sort of situation. How much time does this sort of thing take typically to get over? Is it like a groin where it could be months and easy risk to re-injure?

Are you certain it won't be healed this season?

Does it usually take so long?
Lots of factors go into account here, but in general for an athlete like Rudy, yes it is very easy for him to aggravate it. The achilles is the tendon that comes from the calves, which are the muscles responsible for propelling you forward and jumping (among others). The achilles tendon, however, is so strong that many times it will not tear (like it did in Kobe's case), but rather rip a section off of the bone in your heel where it attaches. If that happens you may be in quite a bit of trouble.

In terms of healing time, it all depends on how serious the case is. Some feel better in weeks. Some can take months. It's a day to day situation because they know they can't really do anything for him during the season asides from making it feel better and taking the pain away.

Really odd that this came up, what was it,..2-3 days after the new contract signing?
If I was Pete and company I still sign Rudy if I think it will only be this year we will have to deal with this.

If I'm Rudy, I sign that contract too if this is going to linger.

I'm just wondering what to expect, one of our cornerstones with this injury and contract is serious business potentially.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
He had the same thing last season as well, IIRC
I doubt it ever healed because it takes a prolonged period of rest to heal totally and he never had that restful period between seasons. His time with Team USA took away the time to heal. The first chance he will have for it to heal will be after this season.