Rodney White (merged)

Rodney White

I don't have the link yet, it will be in tomorrows Denver Post

Rodney White, a forward with the Denver Nuggets last season, was arrested in Washington, D.C., early Sunday after a Secret Service agent said he saw the basketball player and his friends firing guns in the air.

White, 24, and two friends were arrested about 5 a.m. at 24th Street and Connecticut Avenue near the National Zoo, said Secret Service spokesman Tom Mazur.

An agent reported that he spotted someone firing in the air from a car driving along Rock Creek Parkway. The car was stopped and weapons were found inside, Mazur said. No one was injured in the shooting, he said.
Obviously, there is some sort of secret contest going on between NBA players on who can be the most stupid during the off-season.

Kingsgurl said:
I don't have the link yet, it will be in tomorrows Denver Post

Obviously, there is some sort of secret contest going on between NBA players on who can be the most stupid during the off-season.
Firing guns in the air? Everyday occurance in Kabul.;)

Even with everything that has went on this offseason, nothing has compared to when Damon Stoudamire went through a metal detector at an airport with aluminum foil(never mind he was carrying weed in it), and then claimed he was searched illegally after it happened.

If anything can top that......then you're just stupid.

Elise10 said:
Even with everything that has went on this offseason, nothing has compared to when Damon Stoudamire went through a metal detector at an airport with aluminum foil(never mind he was carrying weed in it), and then claimed he was searched illegally after it happened.

If anything can top that......then you're just stupid.
Nobody ever claimed NBA players are intellectuals. The new crew barely got out of high school.

JoMama said:
Nobody ever claimed NBA players are intellectuals. The new crew barely got out of high school.
It hardly takes an intellectual to figure out firing a gun into the air out of your car window might not be a good idea.

Kingsgurl said:
It hardly takes an intellectual to figure out firing a gun into the air out of your car window might not be a good idea.
That's what I mean, how dumb to you have to be to think that's a great idea? Rodney's value, already dropping like a hunk of granite, had to go even lower. We could pick him up for a wad of hundreds and a ball of dryer lint. Or not.

I was actually thinking the same thing, minus the dryer lint. (never know when you might need that) We did the same thing a couple years ago with Keon when he pulled his stupid NBA Trick getting busted with the weed.

Kingsgurl said:
I was actually thinking the same thing, minus the dryer lint. (never know when you might need that) We did the same thing a couple years ago with Keon when he pulled his stupid NBA Trick getting busted with the weed.
I don't remember any Kings players with gun-related charges pending. Another Petrie first!:D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Mad D said:
forgot about Brad Miller though!
There is our souution pick up Rodney and add a provision to his contract that he compleet 20 hrs of gun safty training with Brad. Nothing pisses off a responsable hunter/gun owner more than some butt head pulling a stunt like this! Maybe Ostertag could help in the training

HndsmCelt said:
There is our souution pick up Rodney and add a provision to his contract that he compleet 20 hrs of gun safty training with Brad. Nothing pisses off a responsable hunter/gun owner more than some butt head pulling a stunt like this! Maybe Ostertag could help in the training
sounds good

maybe after this incident denver might not want him and we can get him for cheap

but thats not likely.. plus i want to see what bluthenthal can do

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
So much for Rodney White in a Kings uniform

This ends his consideration by Geoff Petrie.

In todays Denver Post, by Adam Thompson and Sean Kelly.....

Monday, September 06, 2004 - Rodney White, a forward with the Denver Nuggets last season, was arrested in Washington, D.C., early Sunday after a Secret Service agent said he saw the basketball player and his friends firing guns in the air.

White, 24, and two friends were arrested about 5 a.m. at 24th Street and Connecticut Avenue near the National Zoo, said Secret Service spokesman Tom Mazur.

An agent reported that he spotted someone firing in the air from a car driving along Rock Creek Parkway. The car was stopped and weapons were found inside, Mazur said.

The article went on to say....
"All three men face six charges, Mazur said: carrying a prohibited weapon without a license, unregistered firearms, unregistered ammunition, possession of fireworks, possession of a prohibited weapon and unlawful discharge of a firearm. The last charge is a felony."

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Where does it say taht Petrie has ended interest? It's not like White would be the first troubled player to picked up by Petrie and given a chance, and I am sure his price just went down quite a bit.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
HndsmCelt said:
Where does it say taht Petrie has ended interest? It's not like White would be the first troubled player to picked up by Petrie and given a chance, and I am sure his price just went down quite a bit.
That may be true, but I why risk a roster spot on a player with a felony hanging over his head? I was all for signing him (at a reasonable price), but now that the price is probably affordable...I don't know that I'd risk it. :confused:

What an idiot.

I mean, at least lock up a guaranteed contract before you go off shooting guns into the night sky. ;)