Richaun Holmes

Hey NBA, look at this guy, he's basically a 15/10 guy on high efficiency, what team couldn't use another guy like this on their squad??
Shoot, if Holmes can somehow recapture some of his mojo and average a solid 10 pts and 6 reb per game off the bench, the Kings could just keep him as our back up center. That would be the ideal situation where Holmes emerges as the solid back up center we needed all along.

The silver lining in Sabonis missing a couple of games may be Holmes getting some good PT and getting his groove back.

I mean we could absolutely 100% use it if he wants to keep playing like this lol
Shoot, if Holmes can somehow recapture some of his mojo and average a solid 10 pts and 6 reb per game off the bench, the Kings could just keep him as our back up center. That would be the ideal situation where Holmes emerges as the solid back up center we needed all along.

The silver lining in Sabonis missing a couple of games may be Holmes getting some good PT and getting his groove back.
Yeah, but look how much more effective he is as a starter!

Code:
RESERVE 2023 Season
PTS    REB    AST.
2.8    2.0   0.1

Starter 2023 Season
PTS    REB    AST.
16.0    11.0   1.0
Maybe he's more valuable as a trade asset. (sell high)

Last edited:
If we do end up dealing Richaun (which I actually hope we don't do at the end of the day), it better be a slam dunk move, and one that virtually LOCKS our spot in postseason. If we don't get a return of that magnitude, then don't even bother entertaining offers for the guy. Or don't even bother making the guy available in order to entertain offers for him.

Yeah, but look how much more effective he is as a starter!

Code:
RESERVE 2023 Season
PTS    REB    AST.
2.8    2.0   0.1

Starter 2023 Season
PTS    REB    AST.
16.0    11.0   1.0
Maybe he's probably more valuable as a trade asset. (sell high)

Well, he has a month to really nail down his rotation spot until the trade deadline. This was obviously a huge first step/game, but I think for the long-term health of the Kings success, they need a guy who can keep Domas minutes around 33-34 a game rather than the 38+ he's basically had to play for 2 months. The back-up C slot has been so up and down all year, I need like 5+ games in a row where Richaun is giving us something in the ball-park of this performance

He got in a solid rhythm tonight with the extended floor time. Just what he needed to get his mojo back

Can't do it. You can't have a backup C making that kind of money in todays game. It's bad value and right now probably the thing keeping the team from adding another star if not near max player without giving up assets this summer. Holmes also probably doesn't like that role anyway. Some people think letting Barnes walk and using the space is doable. Still think that? Without that contract the potential is there to do all that AND keep Barnes. There's too much dynasty potential to be giving up on the least valuable position in the league which is backup C.

I watched this game this morning, love the grit getting the win on the road. RH played well, but several times I noticed him having trouble with his eye protection. Specifically, when he jumped aggressively the glasses were sliding around on his face. That has to be distracting, and I wonder if the eye issue is the root of his decreased production.

I thought Metu also played pretty well. KM grabbing rebounds in the paint was a welcome sight. Great team win.

I hope Holmes will get a boost of confidence after last performance and hopefully he can be a better Sabonis replacement, when Sabonis on the bench.
Metu was not good last game, so I expect Holmes to get Brown's priority at least for next game.

I hope Holmes will get a boost of confidence after last performance and hopefully he can be a better Sabonis replacement, when Sabonis on the bench.
Metu was not good last game, so I expect Holmes to get Brown's priority at least for next game.
It'll be interesting to see how Brown handles this, because it was just the game or two before where it appeared that he had gone back to Metu in the rotation. Now Holmes had his best game, so where does that leave Metu? Could go either way, but it still doesn't look like a regular rotation has been set at this point