Revised Kings total WIN predictions

How many wins will the Kings have at the end of the regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's the original:
https://community.kingsfans.com/thr...gs-win-total-prediction-thread-2018-19.70314/

Well, it's Jan. 5, 2019 and the Kings already have 23 wins (with 21 losses). That means we've got 38 games left. So, what's your new prediction? Not counting any playoff games ;) , how many wins will the Kings have at the end of the regular season?

Remaining schedule:

45 Thu. Jan. 17 @ Charlotte 4:00 PM
46 Sat. Jan. 19 @ Detroit 4:00 PM
47 Mon. Jan. 21 @ Brooklyn 12:30 PM
48 Tue. Jan. 22 @ Toronto 4:00 PM
49 Fri. Jan. 25 @ Memphis 5:00 PM
50 Sun. Jan. 27 @ LA Clippers 12:30 PM
51 Wed. Jan. 30 Atlanta 7:00 PM
52 Sat. Feb. 2 Philadelphia 7:00 PM
53 Mon. Feb. 4 San Antonio 7:00 PM NBATV
54 Wed. Feb. 6 Houston 7:00 PM
55 Fri. Feb. 8 Miami 7:00 PM
56 Sun. Feb. 10 Phoenix 3:00 PM
57 Wed. Feb. 13 @ Denver 6:00 PM
58 Thu. Feb. 21 @ Golden State 7:30 PM
59 Sat. Feb. 23 @ Oklahoma City 5:00 PM
60 Mon. Feb. 25 @ Minnesota 5:00 PM
61 Wed. Feb. 27 Milwaukee 7:00 PM
62 Fri. Mar. 1 LA Clippers 7:00 PM
63 Mon. Mar. 4 New York 7:00 PM
64 Wed. Mar. 6 Boston 7:00 PM
65 Sat. Mar. 9 @ New York 9:00 AM
66 Mon. Mar. 11 @ Washington 4:00 PM
67 Thu. Mar. 14 @ Boston 4:30 PM
68 Fri. Mar. 15 @ Philadelphia 4:00 PM
69 Sun. Mar. 17 Chicago 3:00 PM
70 Tue. Mar. 19 Brooklyn 7:00 PM
71 Thu. Mar. 21 Dallas 7:00 PM
72 Sat. Mar. 23 Phoenix 7:00 PM
73 Sun. Mar. 24 @ L.A. Lakers 6:30 PM
74 Tue. Mar. 26 @ Dallas 5:30 PM
75 Thu. Mar. 28 @ New Orleans 5:00 PM
76 Sat. Mar. 30 @ Houston 3:00 PM
77 Sun. Mar. 31 @ San Antonio 4:00 PM
78 Tue. Apr. 2 Houston 7:00 PM
79 Thu. Apr. 4 Cleveland 7:00 PM
80 Fri. Apr. 5 @ Utah 6:00 PM
81 Sun. Apr. 7 New Orleans 6:00 PM
82 Wed. Apr. 10 @ Portland 7:30 PM

I've got them going 20-18 in the last 38. Final record of 43-39. Hope they actually manage to do better than that and make the postseason.

FWIW, this season reminds me of the strike shortened 1998-1999 season -- the one when the KINGS started to turn the corner with Vlade, CWebb, Peja, JWill and Rick Adelman. That team went 27-23.

I'll say 41-45. I know it's a wide range but realistically I see them landing between 40 and 47 and between 7 and 10 in the West. But it will be tough, aside from the Suns, the Grizzlies and Wolves are the only teams I can see throwing in the towel before the last week of the season.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Five hundie!!!!

I dunno if 41ish wins is a playoff berth this season, but that is a hell of an improvement and about 20 wins more than I thought this team would get when this question was originally posed in the offseason.

It'll be way fun to stay in the hunt. Way more fun than rooting for G.D. lins!!

This is difficult. We have matchups against bad/good teams like Brooklyn and Detroit who aren't good, but if they bring out the whole house against us, they have a good chance of winning.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think we end up with 37wins. I counted 14 wins. I set expectations low for the entire season..and I continue to set them low. Let's see this young team surpass them

Somewhere between 36 and 50 wins. with the poles being pretty unlikely. With everyone relatively healthy, say ...42 wins. I dont remember what I predicted to start season I think around high-20s The Kings need several players to focus more whether it be shooting, FTs, defense, rebounding, energy/effort, or passing. Quite a few players can improve in various areas to really improve team's chances.

My prediction is different than it was even a few weeks ago. It’s crazy how much of a difference Bagley makes, and now finally having released the Giles.
I love how Joeger and staff have handled Giles. They threw him into the fire and let him make mistakes and then used that experience to teach him. Sent him to Stockton to work on it. And now bringing him back slowly but surely. Building his confidence in his body, himself, and his ability.

I dont subscribe to sactowndog and his 'agenda driven by Joeger' theory. I fully believe Joeger has winning a championship as a goal and a plan to build this team toward that. Right now the Kings are the darling of the NBA. EVERYBODY loves watching them play (except Laker fans, it's a constant reminder they have Ball and we have Fox hahaha). Joeger has done one HELLUVA job the past year and a half and has been our best coach since Rick Adelman, maybe better since he has done so much with what was called coming into the season as a ragtag bunch of collected talent that nobody thought fit.

Hats off to everyone in the organization. This team is everyone's favorite to watch right now. I wouldn't be surprised for 2-3 more national TV games being added toward the end of the season.

Edit: Its pretty funny to read Laker fans boards. If you get a chance give it a look. They dont even care they missed on Mitchell anymore. They are LIVID they missed on Fox over Ball. Imo they should be mad they let Russell go over Ball but bird in the hand, to me anyway.

My prediction is different than it was even a few weeks ago. It’s crazy how much of a difference Bagley makes, and now finally having released the Giles.
Yeah Bagley and Giles are the ones driving the uncertainty. My gut says 35-40 but those two could easily drive us to over .500 for the season. Feb is going to be tough...

I love how Joeger and staff have handled Giles. They threw him into the fire and let him make mistakes and then used that experience to teach him. Sent him to Stockton to work on it. And now bringing him back slowly but surely. Building his confidence in his body, himself, and his ability.

I dont subscribe to sactowndog and his 'agenda driven by Joeger' theory. I fully believe Joeger has winning a championship as a goal and a plan to build this team toward that. Right now the Kings are the darling of the NBA. EVERYBODY loves watching them play (except Laker fans, it's a constant reminder they have Ball and we have Fox hahaha). Joeger has done one HELLUVA job the past year and a half and has been our best coach since Rick Adelman, maybe better since he has done so much with what was called coming into the season as a ragtag bunch of collected talent that nobody thought fit.

Hats off to everyone in the organization. This team is everyone's favorite to watch right now. I wouldn't be surprised for 2-3 more national TV games being added toward the end of the season.

Edit: Its pretty funny to read Laker fans boards. If you get a chance give it a look. They dont even care they missed on Mitchell anymore. They are LIVID they missed on Fox over Ball. Imo they should be mad they let Russell go over Ball but bird in the hand, to me anyway.
Just to be clear my comment was I questioned if Joeger and Giles didn’t mix at all and if Dave was playing for this year versus the long term. I think the front office played a role in pushing Joeger to give Giles more time and Giles to his credit showed he belonged.

At this point I am happy for all.

Just to be clear my comment was I questioned if Joeger and Giles didn’t mix at all and if Dave was playing for this year versus the long term. I think the front office played a role in pushing Joeger to give Giles more time and Giles to his credit showed he belonged.

At this point I am happy for all.
I think the biggest thing for Joeger is a player's understanding of where to be on defense. It was why Buddy sat a lot early last season & WCS sat early the season prior. Giles was getting lost defensively a lot early this season. I personally think it was due to the game still moving too fast for him on that side of the court. As his defense has gotten better, his minutes have gone up.

I think this is why Jackson has gotten more playing time last season (and early this season) than many felt he deserved. He may have gotten overpowered or beaten off the dribble too much, but he usually was in the proper position and made the right rotations.

I think the biggest thing for Joeger is a player's understanding of where to be on defense. It was why Buddy sat a lot early last season & WCS sat early the season prior. Giles was getting lost defensively a lot early this season. I personally think it was due to the game still moving too fast for him on that side of the court. As his defense has gotten better, his minutes have gone up.

I think this is why Jackson has gotten more playing time last season (and early this season) than many felt he deserved. He may have gotten overpowered or beaten off the dribble too much, but he usually was in the proper position and made the right rotations.
I would agree with this statement. But anyone who has ever been a parent can acknowledge at times one spouse can get overly focused negatively on one aspect. The other spouse has to step in and provide another perspective.

I know for a fact the front office thinks very highly of Giles and he has shown why. Just like with two parents a little balance is a good thing.

I would agree with this statement. But anyone who has ever been a parent can acknowledge at times one spouse can get overly focused negatively on one aspect. The other spouse has to step in and provide another perspective.

I know for a fact the front office thinks very highly of Giles and he has shown why. Just like with two parents a little balance is a good thing.
I think both the front office and Joeger are high on Giles, but might have different ideas on how to bring him along. My point is simply that Joeger has been fairly consistent with his players on how to get more playing time.

The Kings are approaching several milestones in wins. The Kings have 23 wins in the 3rd week of January. Next milestone to be passed, 25 wins, kind of the consensus preseason win prediction for the Kings. Then 27 wins, last season’s win total. After that, 33 wins, most wins in the Cousin’s era (2015-16 season). Then 38 wins (2007-08), most wins since the Kings last had a winning record. Can they reach 44 wins, the last time the Kings had a winning record in 2005-06?

My original prediction was 34 wins (although I really wanted to say 37, but I let the media and resident pessimists influence me). Now, I am thinking 38-42 wins, if I have to pick a number 41, even .500. Probably just miss out on the playoffs, but one can always hope. If they even approach 40 wins, just an absolute terrific turnaround considering the team still consists of mostly the same young talent from last year, no superstar (Lebron) was brought in to miraculously bump up the win total. Joerger and staff have done an incredible job and the young guys have responded.

I'm doing that reverse jinx thing on this poll and saying 36-40. Because going into the year, a .500 season was a dream and I still can't believe it is happening and if it happens I will just freaking die of happiness.