Reviewing Bagley v Luka

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Part of the issue at least on this board is that there were a vocal number (majority or minority I don't know) who very much discounted Doncic precisely because he was coming from the Euro leagues. Where you now say seasoned vet experience they were saying low level of competition, NCAA better etc.
I would say this was a really, really dumb minority of low IQ fans on this board that came with this take. It may have appeared larger than it was because there are a lot of fans of the Euro leagues and players here who quite took this to heart and instead of ignoring these posters challenged them every opportunity.

I think anyone who is a fan of both NCAA and NBA basketball has seen the terrible effect one and done has had long term to college programs. A lot of folks in the draft Doncic camp came from this school of thought and were really put off by Bagley's lack of development (constant shuffling of high schools, crap AAU team coached by his dad, etc.) and were not sold. I think a lot of us cringed our way through summer league outside of the first game where he played with Fox and just talked ourselves into deep breaths and seeing this out. And he converted many of us to believers. And I'd argue it was much the other way where the Doncic folks could not stop talking about what a horrible mistake we had made and everyone should be fired while the long suffering fans of this team were enjoying their team for the first time in well over a decade.

And this is kind of sort of a Kings board. So there's that.

Should be Bags vs. Young.. I can't believe how much Young has improved this year. He never hit a wall.. Superstar in the making. Of course we have Fox, but damn.. I will always wonder what would have happened if we traded Fox.