[Game] Raptors @ Kings Game Thread

piksi

Hall of Famer
I will not be able to do the game thread for the lakers game
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No place like home is what Kings will be thinking for the next 4 games including the home opener that we will have on Monday night against the Raptors. Kings will be home for the next days playing Raptors, lakers, Grizzlies and Wolves. Good opportunity to improve the play and the record. If Kings can win 3 out of 4 they would go on 5-2 which sounds like a wet dream.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been a while and I mean it has really been a while since Kings went on the road trip and came back with positive record. It has been even longer since that happened and we really couldn't be satisfied about it because Kings should have been up 3-0. It doesn't matter that competition was below average. You play the schedule and you worry about all other things later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thre games in the season we can see a disturbing pattern at least partially. Kings play the first half like an NBDL team way below the talent level. No defense, low effort with too many individual moves and bad decisions. Halftime breaks must be awesome because the 3rd quarter is just great and the game is turned around. And then we take a lead and depending on how much we will suck on FT line we win or lose. In the process Kings fans lose their nerves, hair, get heart diseases etc...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atrocious FT shooting especially down the stretch is just nerve wrecking. I don't kniow what the reason is for it but if it doesn't improve and quickly we will lose many games that we should win. If we play la at the end of the game like we did tonight, we will lose that game and be very pissed about it. maybe hiring psychologist would be a start. If that doesn't work, hire hypnotist and after that fail I recommend changing profession. Cisco on the bench couldn't even look anymore and if he had any hair he would have pulled it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am expecting more from Tyreke Evans. Maybe I am being unreasonable, maybe I am not being realistic but Tyreke has been forcing too many things. After such a rookie season it is hard to improve drastically. I am sure that in the next 4 games that tyreke is going to have at least one where he will dominate. Maybe it is cause by the fact that he doesn't have the ball all the times now. I don't know. It is obvious that he is still searching for the rhythm and I hope that he finds it soon.
We need more from the bench. Tonight we didn't get much despite PW trying a lot. They didn't get it done against a bad team. There is some talent on the bench. Not much but enough for more than 23 pts and 16 rb and 3 assists. Playing starters too many minutes is a recipe for disaster. Kings players hystoricallu wear down quicker due to some Indian burial ground or so they say. We should provoke our luck
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omri showed up in the third game of the season. He was big and we needed every single thing he gave us to fight off the Cavs. Almost ruined his great performance with a choke FT shooting at the end. Remains to be seen whether he can continue to play this well. Also remains to be seen when decides to join the party even though contributing anything during 2 sec of playing time is challenging.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings beat another team that I believe they supposed to beat because they have more talent. Same recipe. Bad half great third quarter and then close sall at the end. good rebounding and taking care of basketball yet again were the key. Bad FT shooting almost ruined everything. Cavs played above their capabilities in the first half before the reality caught up with them.
match ups

Cousins vs foul trouble - it started bad but it finished nice

Thompson vs my nerves - better not much but anyways

Kings vs 3pt line - 9-15 meaning the game shouldn't have been this close
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - as I predicted Ramon "kobe" Sessions

LW-VC - As I predicted Antawn "applied for social security" Jamison

JHA - Cisco "due for a bad game" Garcia

MIKKI - Jason "little better but still not good enough" Thompson

SAR- Jamison again

RA&1 - Jamario " Lebron made me a NBA player" Moon

Jax/Walk - Antawn "when it rains, it pours bricks" Jamison

WTF moment of the game - Kings clutch FT shooting
Raptord will have an extra day of rest and with 1:1 record they will start theri 4 game west coast road trip. Their roster looks like a decent Euro league team bit it is misleading. They can hurt us if we don't put our best effort. Since Kings are having the home season opener it can be expected that we play with more energy and passion and composure and maybe just maybe we can use the 3rd quarter to finish an opponent off for a change. Keys for the game are simple. Play hard, play together, control the boards and take care of the ball. AT the end - make FTs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
match ups

Evans vs consistency - maybe he can have a great overall game this time

battle of benches - shpuld be interesting

TDm all star team - Barbosa, Kleiza, Evans or someone else. take a picl
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evans - you can do better !

Beno - did well

Omri - keep it up

Landry - it is not illegal to get a rebound

Cousins - nice

Cisco - consistently inconsistent.

Jackson - keep the attitude

Head - didn't last long

JT - less awful

rest - mateen
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I said - decent Euro league team that can be dangerous only if they are allowed. Expect Bargnani to imitate Lopez. Expect Evans to get 20 boards. Kleiza gets the TDM for old times sake just to welcome him back to the NBA. LW-VC will go to Jack. Kings need this one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jamario has been in the league for 5 years last year was his first year in Cleveland. Lebron had nothing to do with his first 3 years.

A win against the Raptos will give the team a boost of confidence, which is great cause the next game is against the lakers. And you can't beat them without any confidence.
I believe the game against Memphis is our first real test this season.
Go kings

They're just so SOFT.. JT, Carl, Cousins, and even Darnell Jackson are gonna just eat them alive on the inside.

I mean thier 7 footers only shoot 3's lol.. Reggie Evans is a beast on the boards, but the man doesn't score to save his life.

Our only troble and problem is they WILL exploit our weak transition defence.. they like to run and push the tempo.. but if we play smart, they don't stand a chance especiely at arco.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I'm worried about Tyreke's bbal IQ he should be creating and probing with that penetrating ability but instead he always tries to go straight to the hoop, does not have the arsenal of floaters or post game/fancy footwork yet, hopefully he improves

Piksi? You lumped Dalembert into the mateen cleaves category? ARGH!!! He needs his name up there telling him to keep defending the goal!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm worried about Tyreke's bbal IQ he should be creating and probing with that penetrating ability but instead he always tries to go straight to the hoop, does not have the arsenal of floaters or post game/fancy footwork yet, hopefully he improves
I can only imagine what some of the posts would be if we had lost all three games on the road instead of winning 2 out of three. Now Tyreke, who's apparently still shaking off some rust, lacks basketball IQ.. I think I'm going to take up knitting. You can still drink beer and eat pizza when you knit, can't you?

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The last 3 or 4 possessions of the last game he dribbled down the clock to about 8 seconds each possession which led to nothing, luckily the cavaliers did not take advantage

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We should be able to handle the Raptors fairly easily. Nothing is given with this team, but regardless, get to their 3 point shooters and make sure they don't stay in it by hitting three after three. I got a feeling Kleiza will put up some points as will Bargnani. I don't like Cousins guarding him on the perimeter, that's not going to be pretty to watch. On the other side of the ball, DC should have a good game against a weak interior Raptor team, Landry too. I hope this one isn't close, because it shouldn't be, we will see.

If I'm gonna get a gamethread this year, it may as well be against the Lakers, so dibs. It'll be up on Tuesday after I can watch the Raps game.

ive been thinkin about this aswell. im sure it'll get better. i def think reke needs to get out in transition more, when hes on the fastbreak hes unguardable.