Raptors @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings lost their 3rd straight game after winning 3 of 4 before that. With the 21-43 Kings are tied for the 4th worst record in the NBA and winning from now on is really a luxury that we can't afford considering that we have to be in the position to draft someone other than "Hawes." 4-28 is the 4th worst record in the NBA. Now Kings have 5 home games in 9 days - all of them winnable, well some more than the others. we need to find the way to lose all of them but one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have missed too many games this season especially recently and that trend will continue mostly due to the game times being too late for what I can handle in terms of losing. Last night I dozed of at least 5 times and woke up to watch some "hairballs" which was upsetting. Missing so many games makes me very confused because I have no clue who is on the floor and why as well as where are the guys from the last game ? Makes it impossible to watch. I have given up figuring out PW "rotations." Learning Chinese is much easier.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
During Adelman's era You could give me the time in the game and I could give you at least 4 players that are on the floor at that particular time. Rick played 8 sometimes 9 man and rode the starters heavy - so it wasn't hard. Also we were good then so You really couldn't play too much "junk" which we had. Now he have too much "junk" so by theory of big numbers you have to play several of them at all times. Therefore they are interchangable in a meaningless way and it makes no difference.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like we aren't getting blown out as much since the trade which I expected. we are 3-7 since and that is still too much wins considerng that we might not make playoffs.:p (I should probably go back and find some quotes of some posters who were making fun of me in the beginning of the season thinking that we had a shot to begin with, then repost those quotes and make fun of them but it isn't worth it since anyone with eve a little basketball knowledge knew we wouldn't make it.) We have 18 games left, 11 of them at home and we can seriously ruin our future if we win more than 3-4 games. what we need to focus on now is

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tank-overhaul.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Casspi hurt ? I was shocked that he didn't play more. Is he in the doghouse for some reason ? and who is Temple ? Did GP adopt him together with the 2 golden retrievers? He didn't seem to be any good and I am wondering what he is doing here and why we are wasting playing time on him. we are already 439 games in the season and we shouldn't be searching anymore. If PW can't figure it out maybe he should google it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the hard fought game with decent defense and awful offense on both sides meaning we played Blazer basketball and we lost. We had a chance to win it or at least to take the lead but a barrage of hairballs took care of that danger. Statistically speaking both teams are dead even except Blazers made one more FG and 5 more FTs to account for 7 point loss. I slept trough some parts od 2nd and 3rd quarter so I might not be accurate on this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - Nicholas "who else" batum

LW-VC - Rudi " Noc is my idol" Fernandez

JHA - Donte " bad shot" green

MIKKI - Andres " I bet I can make you turn off the game" Nocioni

SAR- Juwan "I am still in the NBA" Howard

RA&1 - Jerryd" i bet you have to google my name" Bayless

Jax/Walk - Donte " i finally beat Noc' Greene

WTF moment of the game - hairballs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Raptors are next in aback to back game for both teams. kobe killed them last night so they "must win" this one. I am not sure if they are healthy again but they are still more talented. We get to see Hedo again and Bosh and bunch of other guys I haven't watch much off this season. Anyone wants to predict the lineup and the rotation ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
my matchups

international flavor - which guys are more effective ?

JT vs good decision - will it happen - ever ?

Reggie Evans vs 20 rebounds - possible

Rasho vs SAR and RA&1 - all he needs is to step on the court.

PW vs my remote control - who will prevail ?
------------------------ - -----------------------------------------------

Evans - go get som rebound. If neccessary just take it out of Spencers hands - it is easy - everyone does it

Beno - okay

Hawes - wuss

Casspi - more PT

Landry - give them man the ball

May - buffet

Cisco - bad Cisco, good Cisco, bad Cisco, Good Cisco

Greene - wake up

JT - think !!! but don't think too much

rest mateen
---------------------------------------------------------
Raptors - 32-30, 6th in the East, awful 10-20 on the road being 3-7 in the last 10 games - just like us. They are better up front but have no one to match up with Evans other than the FT line which did a great job for everyone else recently. Evans gets the TDM, Hedo needs the LW-VC for us to win. We however ned a wos and not a lin.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
For this last couple of games since the trade, I find the Kings to be competetive and was capable of winning all the game they played up to the last few minutes. Usually it's just bad decision and turning the ball over, which isn't that hard to fixed once you have a stable rotation and experience.

I'm very pleased and have high hope for the next season.

With all due respect to Bosh, he is not the answer to our problems. Yes, he will definitely make us a better team. With Bosh we will become a solid playoff team, but there is no way we will ever seriously contend for the title without a big time interior defender, and Bosh is not that guy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
With all due respect to Bosh, he is not the answer to our problems. Yes, he will definitely make us a better team. With Bosh we will become a solid playoff team, but there is no way we will ever seriously contend for the title without a big time interior defender, and Bosh is not that guy.

Because obviously once we get Bosh we just quit acquiring players right?

Bosh would be an ENORMOUS step forward. I do agree there would be yet one step to go afterward. But that is literally what you would be talking about. One piece from seriosu title contention.

I am so tempted to buy tickets for tonight's game, just to see all the Rally for ROY hoopla and to get my free t-shirt :D. But everyone who would normally go with to a game is busy and/or working tonight :(.

Contemplating buying two tickets and then sending out a mass text/email to everyone I know offering a free ticket...:confused:

I am so tempted to buy tickets for tonight's game, just to see all the Rally for ROY hoopla and to get my free t-shirt :D. But everyone who would normally go with to a game is busy and/or working tonight :(.

Contemplating buying two tickets and then sending out a mass text/email to everyone I know offering a free ticket...:confused:

Hey I'll go to the game with you if you have a free ticket! PM me

Because obviously once we get Bosh we just quit acquiring players right?

Bosh would be an ENORMOUS step forward. I do agree there would be yet one step to go afterward. But that is literally what you would be talking about. One piece from seriosu title contention.
Except Bosh would take up pretty much all of our capspace, and in a few yeas, just when we're starting to contend, we would have to actually pay players like Tyreke, Omri, Donte, etc. I'm no NBA expert, but I know that in the Euroleague the richest teams can just pay all the best players as much as they want, and the NBA doesn't quite work that way. Not to mention that even if it did, we aren't one of the richest teams in the NBA, and we're also not the most attractive location for star players. So what I'm saying is, if we get a star big, Bosh isn't the one who would be the answer to our problems. If you think we could get Bosh AND a star defensive center, I'm listening.

Also we were good then so You really couldn't play too much "junk" which we had. Now he have too much "junk" so by theory of big numbers you have to play several of them at all times. Therefore they are interchangable in a meaningless way and it makes no difference.
Mateen and hardly anyone else used to be the junk. Today, "rest = mateen" is generous.

Beno - okay

Cisco - bad Cisco, good Cisco, bad Cisco, Good Cisco
I think Cisco is still inconsistent because of that long injury he had. After he passes summer practice, he will be much more efficient next year. Would be good if he finds his rhythm right now though.

As for Beno..well, he puts up some good numbers, but from some reason, I didn't really like what I saw in last few games. Don't really know why. I guess he seems too average to me and he has no space to improve himself, he is not some young guy. Maybe I am wrong.

All about Reke tonight;)

piksi

Hall of Famer
Mateen and hardly anyone else used to be the junk. Today, "rest = mateen" is generous.

not junk compared to today's junk but junk compared to what we had

example in 2001 - 2002 we had the 8 man rotation and then Funderburke, Brown, Wallace, Cleaves and Price - aka junk

in theory..I love this match up for us

nobody @ TOR has any chance of guarding Tyreke

Landry should be able to do a decent job on Bosh

Hawes should be able to out muscle/physical Bargnani

Greene should really be able to do a nice job on Turkoglu with his length and speed..might be the perfect Turkoglu stopped lol

this however is all just IN THEORY, lets see how it plays out...

Hawes should be able to out muscle/physical Bargnani
Desperate times, when you have to call upon Andrea Bargnani to find a softer player than your starting centre...also, thanks to Channing Frye's demotion to a bench player, this match up becomes that of the two softest starting Cs in the league, by far.

I want McGuire to start taking more of Udoka's minutes. He's a good, young, athletic defensive stopper. He started over 50 games last year. Can't shoot, but that's not what he's needed for. But man oh man, can he dunk! Keep developing the youth! Every time he plays he makes something happen on the defensive end.

To those going to the game, someone tell Reke to own the boards (as of now he needs 13 rebounds to average 20/5/5) and drop a 50 bomb with a triple-double. Thanks.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
To those going to the game, someone tell Reke to own the boards (as of now he needs 13 rebounds to average 20/5/5) and drop a 50 bomb with a triple-double. Thanks.

That's actually not a bad idea -- it really is high time Reke get a signature don't need no teammtes game under his belt so he can go hype to hype with the gnats. 50-13-11 should do it. :p

If we don't feed Landry enough (once again) I'm sure we will lose this one too. Raptors are better than us and they looked really good last night vs the fakers and may be upset & angry after a tough loss.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If we don't feed Landry enough (once again) I'm sure we will lose this one too. Raptors are better than us and they looked really good last night vs the fakers and may be upset & angry after a tough loss.
Better is a relative term.

I think talent wise, we are actually superior to them. Recordwise, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.