Random NFL news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred Taylor was a class act. I really think Maurice JD saved his career since he was so injury prone. It gave him a chance to split carries and not be "the guy."

I continue to believe that Peppers is not being smart with his desire to play stand up linebacker in a 3-4 system. Maybe he believes that it will extend his career a couple seasons. I just think that you do what you do well, and if you're one of the best at it, you roll with it wherever it takes you. If your career last ten seasons instead of 12, but you were the best at what you do, thats better than having an extra three or four seasons at a watered down level. Peppers is one of the best three-point pass rushers in the NFL, in rarefied air with guys like Freeney and Umenyiora, respects to Mario Williams and Robert Mathis. I think he should stick with what's gotten him to where he's at. The grass ain't always greener.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I saw the Broncos released Dre Bly the other day. Pats have let Kelly Washington and Billy Yates go. I liked Washington on special teams, could care less about Yates. Bly was a bust with the Broncos.

Yeah, I wanted him in Dallas before, but not for two picks.
Well, whenever Jerry Jones finds an excuse to give up first rounders on a position they don't need help at, rather than getting himself some help in the secondary, he usually pulls the trigger. Might as well make room on that under-performing defense for Peppers.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Holmes fined 10 grand for his gamewinning TD celebration. That is a joke.
At least its consistent. They need to change the rules, but this is not new. They fined Wes Welker the same for making a snow angel. "The only time a player is allowed to go to the ground after a touch down is to pray." Nice.

lol, Can you imagine making the game winning TD catch in the SUPER BOWL --> who in their right mind would stop and think, "Oooh wait - I better watch my celebration here..."

lol.

http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=f452fdb6-636d-4781-ab0a-26cc4661c64b

The possibility of eight-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Marvin Harrison returning for a 14th season. “We certainly hope so,” Caldwell said. “That's what we anticipate. Free agency in itself is an event this time of year, so we're not quite certain what's going to happen, but we certainly would love to have him back.” Harrison, a Pro Bowl selection from 1998-2006, caught 60 passes for 636 yards and five touchdowns last season. “What I saw is a guy who's as quick as he's been and he's still a guy with the outstanding hands that he always has shown,” Caldwell said. “He still has the same ability to create some space for himself and get open. It was a couple of little things that happened during the course of the season where some looking from the outside in had a different perception of that. We did not see any diminishing in terms of his skills and ability.”

ESPN: Crabtree out 6-10 weeks

INDIANAPOLIS -- Teams waiting to draft Texas Tech receiver Michael Crabtree will have to wait six to 10 weeks longer to see how fast he can run a 40-yard dash.

Crabtree, according to a source, has the beginning stages of a stress fracture in his left foot that will require a screw to be surgically inserted to stabilize that area of the foot.

The fracture was discovered during a bone scan conducted Friday during the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.
Rest here..

This really does suck. Hopefully, it will not hamper his career at all.

Anyone else been watching the combine? I know a lot of these numbers get overhyped, but I think Brian Robiskie (WR- Ohio State), will emerge as a top flight reciever in the nfl. The guy had just insane hands. This is non biased as well, I am a full blown ohio state hater.

Is it just me, or are the 40's this year much slower than usual. Moreno running a 4.5 or around there, maclin at 4.40. Last year McFadden and Johnson were posting sub-4.3 times.

Anyone else been watching the combine? I know a lot of these numbers get overhyped, but I think Brian Robiskie (WR- Ohio State), will emerge as a top flight reciever in the nfl. The guy had just insane hands. This is non biased as well, I am a full blown ohio state hater.

Is it just me, or are the 40's this year much slower than usual. Moreno running a 4.5 or around there, maclin at 4.40. Last year McFadden and Johnson were posting sub-4.3 times.
Robiskie looked good, and so did Patrick Turner. The gauntlet is one of my favorite drills to watch at the combine.

The 40's are a little slower this year than last, but the real speedsters are usually the DBs. I don't think they've run yet.

According to the Pats group he got it this morning. I am not going to chase down links, but they cite the NFL's home page, but then the Yahoo page was updated to say he hasn't. weird
According to his agent, he got it: Link

There's also speculation in there saying that he would like to play with the Eagles

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
There's also speculation in there saying that he would like to play with the Eagles
He does own businesses in Philly, so I guess that makes sense.

But he was also the subject of a shooting investigation there, which the authorities seem to have swept cleanly under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.