[Game] Preseason Game 1: Kings @ Blazers 12/11/2020 7:30pst,10:30est

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I may have to do some hunting for how to watch this one since I cut even the fake cord. Usually never miss a Kings Blazers game.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Oddly, AT&T TV has apparently decided that, as with NBA bubble games, it would rather carry the alternate NBCSN-CA feed (some dog show) than the preseason games. So I guess I'll go with ESPN over the clunky app or the replay at 11 PM.

Fortunately, if the upcoming guide is correct they WILL be showing the regular season games rather than pre-empt them for the infomercials on the alternate feed. So I guess there's that.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
For clarification I was not suggesting I would do anything illegal, just that I no longer automatically receive these games which were ones I counted on watching legally until the last batch of price hikes on tv services during a time content was at a lull.
(I had assumed it would be OTA)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For clarification I was not suggesting I would do anything illegal, just that I no longer automatically receive these games which were ones I counted on watching legally until the last batch of price hikes on tv services during a time content was at a lull.
Fair enough. And yes, your post didn't actually break the rules - which is why I didn't pull it down. No harm, no foul.

But given that it's the first game of the preseason, it's probably a good time for the reminder anyway!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Fair enough. And yes, your post didn't actually break the rules - which is why I didn't pull it down. No harm, no foul.

But given that it's the first game of the preseason, it's probably a good time for the reminder anyway!
It's actually weird but I had for the most part completely forgotten I dumped TV. I do have access to a few on demand channels but I really haven't missed it. Now if the Kings would just start winning regularly I will subscribe to League Pass again.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
(I had assumed it would be OTA)
Wait, there's still a market where you can watch regular season, non-marquee NBA games over-the-air, in 2020? As in, rabbit ears? That doesn't break some kind of contract?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Wait, there's still a market where you can watch regular season, non-marquee NBA games over-the-air, in 2020? As in, rabbit ears? That doesn't break some kind of contract?
In Portland about half of our games are on the local NBC affiliate. The other half are on the Comcast regional (which is extremely controversial as they don't have a contract with both of the satellite companies).

When I went to YouTube TV some of the other programming I watch locally didn't make it so I had to buy an antenna and an HD Homerun device. It actually works really well, but I am 2-3 miles from the city center.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I truly thought I would care more post-Vlade but here I am feeling pretty much indifferent tonight. I’m way more pumped for this Houston/Boogie game and to see Giles. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.