Prediction thread: SAC @ PHX

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One Western team will score points. The other Western team will score more points. I predict - brace yourself - the team scoring the higher number of points will actually win the game...

Anything else at this point would be pure conjecture on my part.

GO KINGS!!!

i think peja has a good game. he is DUE! plus he has had some great games vs the suns.

i'm torn on the outcome, so i'll leave that part blank.

We will destroy the Suns

I don't know why but I have the feeling that the Kings are going to embarrass the Suns tommorrow. Final score 110-95 in favor of Sac. Webber will play great and pass the ball from the top of the key like he did against Toronto. He'll get close to a triple double but his shooting % will be a little subpar.

I also expect the shut down defense we saw against the Raps.

Peja will shoot much better but only get about 18 pts. Miller is going to bang and pull a double double 21 and 10 with 6 assists. Bibby will go for 30. The bench (Barnes and Evans) will do well and are good for one alley oops uspside yo' head for the night. Doug will make a sweet ESPN top ten nominee pass leading to a spectacular dunk, but won't shoot all that well. 3-9 shooting with 7 pts. but we should see some good assist numbers.

Mark my words this will be a great game for the Kings!!!! I just hope they realize they have to play this way every game.

SacTownKid said:
I don't know why but I have the feeling that the Kings are going to embarrass the Suns tommorrow. Final score 110-95 in favor of Sac. Webber will play great and pass the ball from the top of the key like he did against Toronto. He'll get close to a triple double but his shooting % will be a little subpar.

Peja will shoot much better but only get about 18 pts. Miller is going to bang and pull a double double 21 and 10 with 6 assists. Bibby will go for 30. The bench (Barnes and Evans) will do well and are good for one alley oops uspside yo' head for the night. Doug will make a sweet ESPN top ten nominee pass leading to a spectacular dunk, but won't shoot all that well. 3-9 shooting with 7 pts. but we should see some good assist numbers.

Mark my words this will be a great game for the Kings!!!! I just hope they realize they have to play this way every game.
very very optimistic.... which is a good thing :D ... but i rekon theres a 20% chance the kings will win... none the less...

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT THE ODDS!!!!!!!!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
IMO, there's definatly more than a sliver of hope. If the Kings play their best ball, they can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.

But of course, I dont believe all will be well. Bibby and Miller will carry the team. They will be dragged down by a lackluster no-hustle Peja performance. Webb will be average on offense, but Amare will smoke him (and whoever's on him) time and time again. Christie will play his usuall defense, but probably force some long jumpers.

In the end it will be close, but the Suns will emerge victorious, riding the monster game of Amare.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SacTownKid said:

I love your optimism. And, if any of your details comes true, will you PM me before every game and tell me what #'s to use in the prediction game? ;)

it's hard to say
the kings have been ASLEEP.
well, if the kings put up a good fight, i'd say it's a good game regardless of the outcome.
the odds may not be in their favor, but again, this is a team with the potential of a championship. they have not been showing that this year, but that doesn't change who they are.
i am not sure why it seems as if they all forgot how to play basketball. maybe they should all get hit in the head with a backetball, maybe that would wake them up.
hopefully rick fox is the one throwing the ball. that would really wake them up.

fakie said:
it's hard to say
the kings have been ASLEEP.
well, if the kings put up a good fight, i'd say it's a good game regardless of the outcome.
Bah! Take a stand. One way or antoher. 50/50 chance of being right.

This could be one of the games no one expected to be any defense to be played, but i have a feeling the Kings will show up with some D and stop there fast breaks , Kings win by atleast 10.

The way Dirk and Yao looked unstoppable, Amare will too. His offensive rebound count get over 10.

I predict 1 "poster" dunk and several trips to the FT line. Let's just hope the poster dunk is on Ostertag, so we can laugh about it too.

Nash had 19 assists in 1 game against Bibby last season, that could happen again, especially with the finishers he has on the break.

I say Phx wins in one of those games where the losing team goes on short runs to get close, but never leads. Sort of like 6-16 pts throughout.

I think that this game is going to be like one of those like the ones with the Maverick's series last season. It will be a bit lower scoring than what everyone thinks. There will be some intensity on the defense.

bibbyweb said:
I think that this game is going to be like one of those like the ones with the Maverick's series last season. It will be a bit lower scoring than what everyone thinks. There will be some intensity on the defense.
You think the Kings will have some intensity on defense?

My reasons for the Kings winning tonight would be pride and experience. Hopefully pride will keep them from laying another egg and win a tough one on the road.

The other possibility, is the Suns just running the Kings off the court. Quick, athletic teams are the bane of the Kings. Plus, Steve Nash has killed us in the past. If the team contains Nash well then it's likely a good sign for a win.

swisshh said:
My reasons for the Kings winning tonight would be pride and experience. Hopefully pride will keep them from laying another egg and win a tough one on the road.

The other possibility, is the Suns just running the Kings off the court. Quick, athletic teams are the bane of the Kings. Plus, Steve Nash has killed us in the past. If the team contains Nash well then it's likely a good sign for a win.
you know it's really quite ironic. In the old days when JWill was still around, we WERE the athletic team. We defined the whole run and gun style and now that seems to be our biggest weakness.