Potential Undrafted Free Agents

This draft is so deep there will certainly be some low-hanging fruit available which goes unselected.

With the rosters expanding and the D-league/# of affiliates growing rapidly the attention paid to the UDFA pool is sure to be ramped up.

I've got a few suggestions, I'll post some of them in a bit with videos. Surely a thread like this would exist after the draft, figured I'd make it now.

I'd give Derek Willis from UK a shot. He has the length and skillset necessary to make a roster. However, he and Darius Miller (another homegrown KY kid) both lack that the chip-on-the-shoulder to be great.

However, I think he is a perfect role-player and the perfect "5th man" He'll take a couple of years to focus on the 1-2 skills the Kings want him to hone in on, but he's worth a camp invite.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'd give Derek Willis from UK a shot. He has the length and skillset necessary to make a roster. However, he and Darius Miller (another homegrown KY kid) both lack that the chip-on-the-shoulder to be great.

However, I think he is a perfect role-player and the perfect "5th man" He'll take a couple of years to focus on the 1-2 skills the Kings want him to hone in on, but he's worth a camp invite.
I think Willis would be an excellent pickup. He can shoot the three and he boards well. I think there's more to Willis game than we were able to see at Kentucky. He's a decent to good athlete. He would be a player that I stick on our G-League team for a year and see what comes out of it.

UK has several candidates worthy of mention here.

Isaac Humphries, to me, has a some shades of Brad Miller to his game. He's young too especially compared to many of the names about to be brought up in this thread, he's really gotten himself into much better shape in the last 2 years.

Dominique Hawkins, Derek Willis and I think there's a very real chance Isaiah Briscoe goes undrafted too.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think it's a high possibility that Frank Mason get's drafted, but if not, I'd grab him up in a heartbeat. He was the heart and soul of that Kansas team. Another Kentucky kid that's worth a look is Dominique Hawkins. Can shoot the ball a little and a solid defender. If your looking for a shooter, Bryce Alford is also worth a look. A player that intrigue's me as to why he never lived up to expectations is Jabari Bird. Did he pick the wrong system, or was he simply overrated? I also like Que Johnson out of Western Kentucky. Another player that might be worth a look is Amida Brimah out of UCONN. We don't need another big, but our G-League team might. How about Peter Jok out of Iowa.

These are all seniors. I'll have to take a look at the declared list to come up with some of the younger players worth a look.

UM's Davon Reed has a classic swingman build, about 6'5 or 6'6 with long arms, sort of Josh Richardson-esq. Good athlete and can shoot the 3.

Damyean Dotson from Houston is another player with a similar build. He can shoot the lights out. Of these 3 he's the most likely to get drafted IMO.

Peter Jok from Iowa could be an interesting pick-up he was drawing double teams a lot in college and can get extremely hot, he's got a little hero-ball/tunnell vision, solid prospect though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
UK has several candidates worthy of mention here.

Isaac Humphries, to me, has a some shades of Brad Miller to his game. He's young too especially compared to many of the names about to be brought up in this thread, he's really gotten himself into much better shape in the last 2 years.

Dominique Hawkins, Derek Willis and I think there's a very real chance Isaiah Briscoe goes undrafted too.
I was going to mention Humphries, but we don't need another big, and he's not the most athletic player out there. I do think he's more skilled than he was allowed to show at Kentucky. I could easily see him as the third center on an NBA bench down the road. Just not sure about Briscoe. I look at him right now as a poor man's Tyreke Evans. Good handle and decent to good finisher. But very inconsistent outside shooter. If he was more of a playmaker, I think he would be drafted, but right now, I think most teams see him as an undersized SG that isn't a particularly good shooter. He did shoot the ball a little better this year though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

UM's Davon Reed has a classic swingman build, about 6'5 or 6'6 with long arms, sort of Josh Richardson-esq. Good athlete and can shoot the 3.

Damyean Dotson from Houston is another player with a similar build. He can shoot the lights out. Of these 3 he's the most likely to get drafted IMO.

Peter Jok from Iowa could be an interesting pick-up he was drawing double teams a lot in college and can get extremely hot, he's got a little hero-ball/tunnell vision, solid prospect though.
Yeah, I like Jok. The question is, is he coachable? If so, you could have something with him. He's one of those players that I could see being a better NBA player than he was a college player.

UConn big man Amida Brimah for our G-League. He's had a really underwhelming career at UConn, but truth be told, Kevin Ollie has been a horrific talent developer.

I think he's worth gambling on for our DL.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
UConn big man Amida Brimah for our G-League. He's had a really underwhelming career at UConn, but truth be told, Kevin Ollie has been a horrific talent developer.

I think he's worth gambling on for our DL.
Yeah, it's not like were signing anyone to a five year contract. If he doesn't pan out, you move on. UCONN hasn't done much in developing players of late, so there might be more there than we've seen.

I got 2 PAC-12 prospects that the Kings should look at if they go undrafted.

UCLA's G Bryce Alford (likely undrafted)

and

Oregon's G Tyler Dorsey (maybe drafted in late 2nd round).

I was going to mention Humphries, but we don't need another big, and he's not the most athletic player out there. I do think he's more skilled than he was allowed to show at Kentucky. I could easily see him as the third center on an NBA bench down the road. Just not sure about Briscoe. I look at him right now as a poor man's Tyreke Evans. Good handle and decent to good finisher. But very inconsistent outside shooter. If he was more of a playmaker, I think he would be drafted, but right now, I think most teams see him as an undersized SG that isn't a particularly good shooter. He did shoot the ball a little better this year though.
Briscoe has some redeeming qualities. I've soured on him quite a bit though. He's built like a rugby player and suffers from tunnel-vision.

I think Joey Dorsey definitely gets picked by somebody. If he falls out of the draft, I would certainly give him a look.
Dorsey would be a great pull as an UDFA, I do think he'll get drafted though. Much better version of Tyler Harvey drafted in 2015 out of Eastern Washington.

I do think Dorsey is a better prospect than Isaiah Cousins (who I like and thought was a worthy selection)

I got 2 PAC-12 prospects that the Kings should look at if they go undrafted.

UCLA's G Bryce Alford (likely undrafted)

and

Oregon's G Tyler Dorsey (maybe drafted in late 2nd round).
Alford is interesting. I'd consider taking a flier, certainly he's not gonna be ready anytime soon. Put him in the summer-league / D-league and see how he fares though. No doubt he can shoot the lights out.

I'm convinced from the little I've seen that Viny Okuou would be a terrific pull as an UDFA, I actually think he gets drafted - The Spurs would be smart to take him at 59. He's a legit giant and has really nice coordination/agility/athleticism/feet. Certainly a way better prospect than Satnam Singh Bhammarah or the 7'5" dude the Kings signed years back.

While giants are the topic, depending on how they workout 7'5" Michael Fusek and 7'4" Yousappha Fall could be interesting too.

The bottom 2 are auto-eligible. I think Viny's gonna stay in, or I hope he does. I'm gonna wait til the international declaration to get into the overseas prospects, there's more than a handful worth mentioning right now but there's no point.

Last edited:
Antonio Blakeney(LSU), Nigel Williams-Goss(UW), Eric Mika(BYU), Chance Comanche(UA), James Blackmon(IU), Jaylen Johnson(UL), Maverick Rowan(NC St.), Marcus Keene, Kadeem Allen (UA), Jake Wiley (EWU), Deonte Burton (ISU), VJ Beachem (ND), Luke Kornet (Van), Isaiah Hicks (UNC), Kennedy Meeks (UNC), Andrew White (SU), Nigel Hayes (Wisky), Chris Boucher (Ore), Derrick Walton (UM), Malcolm Hill (Ill), Jamel Artis(Pitt), Jalen Moore (Uta St.), Moses Kingsley (Ark), Jabari Bird (Cal), Justin Tuoyo(CHattanoga), Troy Caupain (Cinci), Cole Huff (Crei), Luke Fisher (Marq), Marc Loving (OSU), Zak Irvin (UM), Tyler Roberson(SU), Steve Vasturia (ND), Matt Jones (Duke), Emmanuel Omogbo (Co St.) and last but not least JJ Frazier (Georgia) who I think has some Ish Smith to his game.

Alexander Vezenkov is a particularly intriguing player for this section. He very well could get drafted, but he's got no intentions of coming to the NBA anytime soon. Smart player though and he can shoot the lights out. I wonder if there's any way his rights could be secured if he goes Undrafted but wishes to stay over with Barca... Probably not, just throwing it out there though.

Devin Robinson - SF from Florida - 6'8" - He did not get drafted.
Strengths
  • Explosive run/jump athlete
  • Length
  • Versatile defender
  • Good rebounder
  • Makes plays at the rim
  • Much-improved 3-point shooter
Weaknesses
  • Has to get bigger and stronger
  • Needs to become more consistent in all aspects
I'd really like to see him get picked up for Summer League and see what he's got.