Postgame Thread - Kings vs. Bucks - 12/2

I know the game isnt over yet but its probably easiest to switch over in a timely fashion so let' hear it! Nice to see Foxy get his game on with no ZBo as a lifeline to start. But yeah, ZBo is our best player even if myself and others thought it would have been Mr. No show George "Sisco" Hill.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks RP. And yes, the game is over. Are you on tape delay or something? I started a thread, too, but I've pulled it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lots to pin hopes on from tonight's game. I continue to be more and more impressed with Bogs, and even more grateful that Vlade found a way to get him from Phoenix. I think Frank Mason is gonna become a real fan favorite, too, with his tenacity. Jakarr has possibilities and I can see now why they brought him up.

I'm incredibly glad Joerger got MAD. I think he scared the crap out the rooks when he yanked all the starters. When it looked like he was gonna rip the head off one of the officials, I think the message was really to the team - and I think they heard him.

It's looking like Vlade just might have known what he was doing.

I'm kind of surprised Jakkar doesn't have a NBA contract. He's what every team wants right now. Can play 2-4 and guard 1-4, plays with tons of energy. I know he can't shoot but so can't guys like Roberson for the Thunder and that dude got a nice contract. If he learned to shoot open threes he could make a nice career for himself.

I'm kind of surprised Jakkar doesn't have a NBA contract. He's what every team wants right now. Can play 2-4 and guard 1-4, plays with tons of energy. I know he can't shoot but so can't guys like Roberson for the Thunder and that dude got a nice contract. If he learned to shoot open threes he could make a nice career for himself.
Jakkar has a NBA contract with the Sacramento Kings:):) He is a Defensive Dog and the Kings need more guys that play defense like Jakkar.

Good effort in trying to close out the game. Quick grades for our guys

Fox: B- solid overall game, and showed really good scoring aggression. struggled a few times tonight on defense
Hill: F did nothing
Temple: B- solid overall game
Koufos: F did nothing in his short 9min stint, but to be completely fair to him, the matchups were horrible for him tonight
WCS: INC got injured, but wasn't playing well before the injury

Zbo: A+ only him and Buddy brought us back. They had no answers to defend him
Hield: A was the reason why the Kings came back down 14. Did a great job shooting and also facilitating.
Mason: B+ did a good job down the stretch and played hard on both ends
Bogdanovic: B did a good defensive job paired with a tough shot in crunch time
Sampson: C+ great energy on both ends. impact not reflected on the stat sheet, but he made an impact with his motor
Skal: INC didn't watch him play, but he only had 4mins tonight with 3 fouls. continues to struggle defending a position. needs to get a lot a lot stronger

dude12

Hall of Famer
Skal.....what to do with the guy. Has a great shooting touch and that might be the end of the positives although he does a good job as a weak side shotblocker. Needs strength in the worst way because he's such a slow twitch guy. Can't guard the quicker bigs and then struggles with bigger guys as he can't hold his ground. Seems like he's 2 years away from getting strong enough.

Skal.....what to do with the guy. Has a great shooting touch and that might be the end of the positives although he does a good job as a weak side shotblocker. Needs strength in the worst way because he's such a slow twitch guy. Can't guard the quicker bigs and then struggles with bigger guys as he can't hold his ground. Seems like he's 2 years away from getting strong enough.
For now, I think you chalk him up as a project like Papagiannis. I was such a big fan of him and expected him to continue his play from last season. Unfortunately, he's regressed in his scoring and hasn't shown much improvement in his all-around game. Skal is one of those rare boom or bust players. Long-term, I think he'll need to eventually slide down to C. Skal is vertically athletic, but struggles with the side to side speed. He needs to put on 30+lbs.

That would take accountability, something that I doubt he has given his play this year
You'd be wrong.
“(Losing by) 46 points in the NBA is almost like laying down,” Hill said. “You’ve got to compete every possession, including myself. At times as a leader I’ve got to take it upon myself to do a little bit better on both ends of the floor.”

You'd be wrong.
“(Losing by) 46 points in the NBA is almost like laying down,” Hill said. “You’ve got to compete every possession, including myself. At times as a leader I’ve got to take it upon myself to do a little bit better on both ends of the floor.”
Who cares about that. Is there something you haven’t noticed about his play and energy this year?

gunks

Hall of Famer
Fox seemed to finally have himself a decent game. Bench Buddy continues to shine. Bogs and Mason are both solid as heck.

Z-bo is our best player, but always in the way. I still think we could probably get something good from a playoff team for him. He'd be a beast off the bench for any contender/pretender.

Joerger: A

I like to give credit where credit is due.

To the coach for pulling all 5 starters 4 minutes into the game for their lethargic and comatose play (especially passive crybaby George Hill)....... THANK YOU!

This is a coach that I can support! One who is NOT afraid to make bold moves when time and circumstances deems it prudent.

This group was going through the motions and putting the ball on the silver platter for the Bucks.

You don't want to play, fine, sit down!

To the coach for stepping onto the court to bark in the face of the ref after the offense foul on Skal.....THANK YOU!

This is a coach I can support!

The replay showed Skal raised his arm above shoulder level in trying to get post spot, so this is what a legitimate foul, but I like the coach intentions here.

I also liked that Joerger started Sampson in the second half and put Boggy on Giannis in the crunch time.

Joerger is going to ride-and-die with Z-Bong but what can you do when Skal cannot perform the most basic of functions like hold his defensive stance without grabby hands?

Meanwhile Randolph provides no interior defense, no pick and roll defense, no help defense, and no above the rim defense and no rebounds unless they fall in his lap.

But he's got the flips and the touch. For every offensive play he makes he makes a non-play on the defensive end. Fans rooting for losses do not have to worry.

With Z-Bo prominently featured now and indefinitely the losses are going to pile up.

DeAndre Ayton may turn out to be the MOST coveted prospect since LeBron James. Lead us to the promised land Z-Bo!

Z-Bo has discovered the fountain of youth on offense, but this is only going to allow you to lose respectably on most nights.

If he makes over 60% of his shots then perhaps he goes from a net negative player to neutral, but what are the odds a 36 year old makes 60% FGs?

De'Aaron Fox can shoot the ball like he did last night on most nights. He has solid mechanics and quickness and footwork to get clean looks.

I believe all 5 of his FGs were perimeter or mid-range shots, good job Fox keep it up. :)

Fox seemed to finally have himself a decent game. Bench Buddy continues to shine. Bogs and Mason are both solid as heck.

Z-bo is our best player, but always in the way. I still think we could probably get something good from a playoff team for him. He'd be a beast off the bench for any contender/pretender.
Two ridiculous statements in a row:
  • Fox played decent game against Chicago, actually more than a decent game (8-5-4-2 on 57% FGs), so there is no "finally" about it since the game occurred 24 hours prior
  • The idea that anyone will trade for Z-Bong on 2/24 deal is laughable. No one wants a defensive sieve despite the scoring punch. The Kings outbid themselves signing him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Joerger: A

I like to give credit where credit is due.

To the coach for pulling all 5 starters 4 minutes into the game for their lethargic and comatose play (especially passive crybaby George Hill)....... THANK YOU!

This is a coach that I can support! One who is NOT afraid to make bold moves when time and circumstances deems it prudent.

This group was going through the motions and putting the ball on the silver platter for the Bucks.

You don't want to play, fine, sit down!

To the coach for stepping onto the court to bark in the face of the ref after the offense foul on Skal.....THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

I was shocked, surprised and exceedingly pleased when Joerger pulled all 5 starters. That takes stones. I don't care if people get caught up in some Twitter drama about why Coach might or might not like Kayte (which drama, btw, I personally think is imaginary). I WANT our coach to do what it takes to get through to our team. I don't care if he ever holds another post-game press conference, which I've heard he really doesn't like anyway.

This is a post I can (and do!) support!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Watching a young team develop is not for the faint of heart, but there really are a lot of good things to see here. Drafting is not a science but Vlade seems to have done a very good job of covering his bets and prospecting for undrafted pieces. With Mason stepping up and Sampson showing NBA level grit play our young core of Bogie, Fox, WCS, Skal, & Buddy grows by 2 and offers some flexibility in moving forward. Interestingly Vlade's real long shot Gieles, has yet to be seen and evaluated and COULD (long shot) be the go-to franchise player this core will need moving forward. I have not been this optimistic about the team since 2011 when IT stepped up and we looked to have a solid young core of Cousins, Evans, Thomas, and Whiteside...

Last edited: