Postgame Quotes-vs. Denver 11/16/04

kings.com

Kings Coach Rick Adelman
“It’s good to get a back-to-back win like that. I thought the first half we really had a chance to jump on them and we just didn’t do it. We got really stagnant as the half went on and in the second half offensively we got a lot better. We kept trying to maker great plays instead of just playing the game, seeing what the defense was doing, and taking advantage of it. We thought we could score if we could just moved the ball and I just thought everybody was very impatient in the first half again. Our concentration level at times wasn’t good but we got through a back-to-back, won the game, and hopefully we can build something the rest of this home-stand.”

“I think we haven’t played well in the second night. So I thought early in the game, the way it started out – we had good shots and we were missing a lot of shots – but then as the half went on, I think we got really impatient and just took whatever was there and didn’t make them guard us at all. I really thought they were ripe for the taking early in the game – they were missing shots, they seemed to be not really into it, and we’re at home. The only energy I felt was when we had that spurt and we scored two baskets in like ten seconds toward the end of the second quarter, and the crowd got into it, and we’ve got to get the crowd into it better than that…I think we just have to keep building. We have to realize what happened tonight – we won two games in a row – now we’ve got to build on this through this home-stand.”

Kings guard Mike Bibby
On tonight’s game:
“It was good, we played together again, I think we play our best when we play together.

“When we play good on offense, it usually ties into our defense. We hit some shots now, at the beginning of the season we weren’t really shooting too well, so now it’s a different story.

On Brad Miller being frustrated the first few games:
“That’s just the way it happens, you’re not going to have 82 perfect games, so you got to take the good with the bad, but he always does the things he needs to do.

On coming back to play at home:
“I think it’s going to help us out a lot. I think we’re fine. Being on the road sometimes just gets to you, and playing five of your first 6 games on the road is tough, but in the home stretch, we’ll be alright.

Kings center Brad Miller
“Whatever you did wrong the night before, here’s your chance to work on it and improve it."

On shots not falling the first few games:
“I just kept working on it. Sometimes I don’t play a lot but I shoot a lot, so I work at it, making 15-foot, 18-foot jump shots, shooting 50% plus, so it seems like I better start shooting more. But I’m just taking open shots, not really forcing anything. My game really reflects how well the ball is moving as a team.

“I think the win last night really started to hopefully turn us around. Everybody’s talking about Phoenix. We know it’s the beginning of the season, we played like crap, and everyone’s like “ooh, Phoenix,” I don’t think a lot of people expected us to win that, so we just keep proving people wrong, even early, and it shows us if we just move the ball and play together, we’re just as good as we’ve always been.”

Kings forward Darius Songaila
“We came out playing the second half a little bit better than the first. We picked it up in the second half and it was a big win for us, especially at this time. We have a little stretch going on at home right now, we have four more games left, it’s good to start out with a win.

“We got to take one game at a time. Next game is the most important for us, we got to get it.”

Wow, congrats to the Kings for beating a weak team like the Nuggets. Although I was quite impressed with the bench numbers for Darius Songaila. Keep it up!

LMM said:
kings.com

Kings center Brad Miller
“Whatever you did wrong the night before, here’s your chance to work on it and improve it."

On shots not falling the first few games:
“I just kept working on it. Sometimes I don’t play a lot but I shoot a lot, so I work at it, making 15-foot, 18-foot jump shots, shooting 50% plus, so it seems like I better start shooting more. But I’m just taking open shots, not really forcing anything. My game really reflects how well the ball is moving as a team.

“I think the win last night really started to hopefully turn us around. Everybody’s talking about Phoenix. We know it’s the beginning of the season, we played like crap, and everyone’s like “ooh, Phoenix,” I don’t think a lot of people expected us to win that, so we just keep proving people wrong, even early, and it shows us if we just move the ball and play together, we’re just as good as we’ve always been.”

Brad Miller always has a lot of quotable quotes. I really like this one/think it's funny and so true.

GO KINGS!!

tbear03 said:
Brad Miller always has a lot of quotable quotes. I really like this one/think it's funny and so true.

GO KINGS!![/font]
That got a laugh out of me too. I can just picture him saying that. "ooh Phoenix"

Brad Miller is a little like a friend of mine who was raised in Texas and Louisiana. Maybe a little like Jerry Reynolds. Some strangers think this guy is ignorant, and nothing could be further from the truth. Urbanites tend to think rural people are stupid becasue they "talk funny". This blanket assessment is foolish. There are millions of people in the world who look and sound like hicks, but most of them are intelligent. It is often difficult for concrete and glass people to take fishermen and hunters seriously.

Brad's assessment of the Kings is probably right on the mark.