Positive Thread.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
In the heat of the madness let’s not forget we have.

Bagley (20)
Giles (20)
Fox (21)

Whatever deficiencies elsewhere can be hammered out as these three guys have only one direction to go. And that direction is UP. There’s zero reason to think these guys won’t continue to get better as they age. Bags and Giles are improving continually as the season goes on. Imagine them after an offseason. Giles after an offseason where he isn’t in knee-only mode. Fox already took one leap, can he take another? I think so.

Our future remains bright as hell, and one game doesn’t change that.

I ragged on Fox tonight but he's great.

I'm over the Luka/Bagley stuff now and can appreciate Bagley.

Giles didn't play all that well tonight but he always gives a ****.

Buddy was off but he's a proven, marvelous talent.

Barnes has been a pleasant surprise overall.

These are my keepers. Everyone else can go, or if you're a bench role player like Yogi, Brewer you can stay because you're not that important or unimportant to this team's success.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
that's the core right there, you build around them and compliment them with defense and three point shooting
Yep. re-sign Brewer. Maybe make an offer at getting Shump back on the squad. Maybe look into seeing how much value Bogi has on the trade market. See what the marker for Willie is and bring him back maybe short-term if the cost isn't ridiculous. Grab a 3-and-D kid with the 2nd rounders we have. Make a pass at Patrick Beverly.

Bagley/(WCS/Holmes/other option)
Bjeli/Giles
Barnes/Brewer
Buddy/Shump
Fox/Beverly
is a ten deep collection of defenders and shooters and enough firepower to push this team further down the road.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
A legit pickup PG is essential!

(Edited negativity out of the positive thread. Whoops!)

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
You guys got the right idea!

It's hard to be down on the future with Fox, Bags, Giles, and Buddy on the roster!

Speaking of Fox, he has been getting some heat lately for not making an impact or whatever, but look no further than D-Lo to see a good example of PGs taking 3 to 4 seasons to really break out! Shoot, some PGs like Nash or Parker took even longer than that! Swipa is gonna be fine. Just wait till he's comfy shooting! At 17/7 he's actually slightly ahead of the curve when compared to a lot of other star PGs sophomore seasons. Google it if you don't believe me!

I don't have anything to say about Bagley other than he's a freak. 25/10 is the floor for him, and he'll probably be there by the time he's 23.

In the heat of the madness let’s not forget we have.

Bagley (20)
Giles (20)
Fox (21)

Whatever deficiencies elsewhere can be hammered out as these three guys have only one direction to go. And that direction is UP. There’s zero reason to think these guys won’t continue to get better as they age. Bags and Giles are improving continually as the season goes on. Imagine them after an offseason. Giles after an offseason where he isn’t in knee-only mode. Fox already took one leap, can he take another? I think so.

Our future remains bright as hell, and one game doesn’t change that.
Did someone hack Slab's account?

I ragged on Fox tonight but he's great.

I'm over the Luka/Bagley stuff now and can appreciate Bagley.

Giles didn't play all that well tonight but he always gives a ****.

Buddy was off but he's a proven, marvelous talent.

Barnes has been a pleasant surprise overall.

These are my keepers. Everyone else can go, or if you're a bench role player like Yogi, Brewer you can stay because you're not that important or unimportant to this team's success.

Like your post but would add Bogdon Bogdonovic to the core. This team this year would not have improved this much without him. He is a key part of our future. Nudge your core again by adding Hield. And don’t lose Barnes, Bjellca or Yogi without it clearly improving the team. I’ll go with the team we’ve got to make the next step.

You guys got the right idea!

It's hard to be down on the future with Fox, Bags, Giles, and Buddy on the roster!

Speaking of Fox, he has been getting some heat lately for not making an impact or whatever, but look no further than D-Lo to see a good example of PGs taking 3 to 4 seasons to really break out! Shoot, some PGs like Nash or Parker took even longer than that! Swipa is gonna be fine. Just wait till he's comfy shooting! At 17/7 he's actually slightly ahead of the curve when compared to a lot of other star PGs sophomore seasons. Google it if you don't believe me!

I don't have anything to say about Bagley other than he's a freak. 25/10 is the floor for him, and he'll probably be there by the time he's 23.
Come on man 25-10 are HOF numbers and you’re saying that’s his floor, that’s absurd.
Anthony Davis didn’t even get to that till his 5th season and he had to get to 20 shots per and 8.5 FT. Embiid is above 25ppg this year at 19 shots per. For instance Blake Griffin and Lamarcus Aldridge never averages 25ppg. 25ppg is probably Bagley cieling not his floor unless you’re saying Bagley is a GOAT potential player.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Come on man 25-10 are HOF numbers and you’re saying that’s his floor, that’s absurd.
Anthony Davis didn’t even get to that till his 5th season and he had to get to 20 shots per and 8.5 FT. Embiid is above 25ppg this year at 19 shots per. For instance Blake Griffin and Lamarcus Aldridge never averages 25ppg. 25ppg is probably Bagley cieling not his floor unless you’re saying Bagley is a GOAT potential player.
Oops! Thought this was the hot takes thread!

J/k.... I'm a Bagliever! And while I say that 25/10 is his floor, it doesn't necessarily mean that I have his ceiling at some kinda ridiculous 35/15 type numbers, I just really think that Bags is gonna hit 25/10 no problem. Kid can flat out score the ball and he's barely scratching the surface skills wise.

But fine, in the name of compromise, I'll put his floor at 24.5/10!

Oops! Thought this was the hot takes thread!

J/k.... I'm a Bagliever! And while I say that 25/10 is his floor, it doesn't necessarily mean that I have his ceiling at some kinda ridiculous 35/15 type numbers, I just really think that Bags is gonna hit 25/10 no problem. Kid can flat out score the ball and he's barely scratching the surface skills wise.

But fine, in the name of compromise, I'll put his floor at 24.5/10!
I like this.