Poll: How many wins next year?

How many wins will we have next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just signed 3 free agents! Assuming we don't sign anymore major FA's and we stay reasonable healthy next year, how many wins will we have?

ESPN just raised Spurs win total prediction 2015-16 to 68+ after Aldridge signing. I don't know what "ESPN experts" think Kings win total will be but MAYBE tagging 29+;) I say 44 or 15 more wins than miserable last season and season before that...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'll go ahead and give them 45 wins, that might be enough to get in the playoffs with Portland being replaced by OKC now and then the Kings battling it out with the Pelicans for the last seed.

Gonna be bold and say 51 wins

You have an all-star pg in Rondo who needs to prove himself and one of the best backup pg in the NBA in Collison

A SG in Ben who is poised to take another leap forward and hopefully hit his 3s at a higher rate. Marco is the perfect role player to play behind him as well!

One of the best SF in the west in Rudy Gay who is still in his prime and hopefully Casspi backing him up

DeMarcus Cousins at PF....no need to say more

Willie Caulie Stein at the Center position is a question mark at this point, but if he defends and blocks shots its all gravy!

And the Kosta Koufas backing him up!

That is a veteran team with talent, defense, offense, depth, and a superstar and number 2 guy in Rudy.
Coached by one of the better coaches in NBA history!

Gary

All-Star
With this roster I would say 46-50 BUT if this roster were together for a year or two I would raise that to 55.

This team on paper is VERY good. Let's hope they all mesh. Seems that Vlade got guys that are REALLY hard workers and Cuz appreciates hard working players so I can only see this as win/win.

I'm confident with 50. I've already started texting some of my Warrior fan friends about how we'll see them next year in the Playoffs:D. I actually really like the mental makeup of this team even though others may use it as a negative. The guys we got and already have all play hard and want to compete. All three of the additions have either a championship or deep playoff experience and that is gonna go a long way in teaching our other guys how to play winning basketball.

Oh I love these polls.

I went ahead and went bold and said 51-55. I honestly think it's completely possible, because I think the old friction around Karl will totally disappear due to so much talent and playoff experience being on the roster now.

I'll go ahead and give them 45 wins, that might be enough to get in the playoffs with Portland being replaced by OKC now and then the Kings battling it out with the Pelicans for the last seed.
Don't assume OKC will be there. Durant may not recover or he maybe the next Grant Hill.

ESPN just raised Spurs win total prediction 2015-16 to 68+ after Aldridge signing. I don't know what "ESPN experts" think Kings win total will be but MAYBE tagging 29+;) I say 44 or 15 more wins than miserable last season and season before that...
How does someone who gets payed predicted something ludacris like that. Seriously that can be real.

K

KingMilz

Barring a rash run of injuries if this is not a 41 + win season we have failed, no more excuses for Cuz/Rudy this year it's put up or shut up. Time for Cuz to bank in on that talent by leading a capable roster to some form of glory.

The Western Conference got weaker.
The Kings got WAY better. I mean, ridiculously better.

The Kings were on a 50 - 58-win pace last year (including Memphis as a win) and that was against the toughest schedule in the NBA. It only would have gotten more successful from there.

The Kings ownership and front office have to want to win, finally, after all these years of deliberately sabotaging the tea, they will want (and need!) to win with the looming new arena.

The NBA will want the Kings to win, because a losing franchise for a city that ponied up half a billion dollars for the newest jewel in the NBA crown of arenas would look really bad, and be a chilling effect to other cities being asked to pony up big bucks in the future.

After seeing the way these deals have slotted in so well this year, after a decade of futility, I can safely guarantee the Kings will make the playoffs next year.
Book it.

My guess would be at least 50 wins.

(edited to guarantee playoffs, not 50 wins)

Last edited:
Went with upper 40's since this is the first season for this team together.
It is up to Karl to make it 50+

Options he has are crazy...

you want to go big?
Rondo, Bel, Guy, DFC, KK

you want to beat us by going small?
Rondo, B-Mac, Casspi, Guy, DFC

You want to score
Rondo, Darren, Guy, DFC, KK

Ah, yes there is also that WCS fellow for your opponents stretch four.

Karl, it is all up to you to make a lasting legacy.

People forget how banged up we were last year, IF this new squad stays healthy 45+ is not out of the question.

National media has us pinned as a joke but the Jazz taking a playoff spot, sorry but the Kings are better than the Jazz.

So much depends on Karl vs Cuz.

So much.
Thing is... it's all on Karl now. When you're given a roster like this... the pressure is on. He has no leeway at all to cause chaos or anything of that nature with Cuz... it's all business. I think they both recognize the situation at hand and the opportunities, and both will come in laser focused, and set all the drama aside.

They've both been given what they want.

There was nothing ever said that was catastrophic. Cuz is happy and tweeting about it. Karl has been quiet as a mouse. I really do think it's all good, except for maybe some minor bumps in the road as they learn to get along.

I'm going to be the buzz kill in the room and say that the kings will win 35 wins, and that's mainly due to continuity reasons. I think this team needs a chance to gel, from the coaching staff, to the ownership not butting in, and the players themselves on the court. We're definitely headed toward the right direction and that's all I can ask for.

If we get to .500 it will be a step in the right direction, and that will be my prediction at this time. Anything more than that will be good news.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Thing is... it's all on Karl now. When you're given a roster like this... the pressure is on. He has no leeway at all to cause chaos or anything of that nature with Cuz... it's all business. I think they both recognize the situation at hand and the opportunities, and both will come in laser focused, and set all the drama aside.
Yeah I've been thinking about that. This roster is starting to get to the point that there aren't any excuses for either Cuz or Karl. We're getting pretty damn close to a playoff roster. We're getting to the point where when you look at the supporting cast Cuz will have, there aren't excuses for not playing playoff basketball. If he wants to be considered a HOF level player, this supporting cast is good enough to get into the postseason. We're also getting to the point where a guy with Karl's coaching record would flat out be seen as a failure here if he can't make it work.

I'm not sure in general if Cuz/Karl can work and get along. But Vlade is putting a roster together to the extent that they'll have no choice or it starts to effect legacy. But we're also the Kings, something always happens to F things up.

They've both been given what they want.

There was nothing ever said that was catastrophic. Cuz is happy and tweeting about it. Karl has been quiet as a mouse. I really do think it's all good, except for maybe some minor bumps in the road as they learn to get along.
To add to this, the message has been sent. Vlade has done what needed to be done, what SHOULD have been done long ago and backed Boogie, tried to put a supporting/winning roster around him. Karl was not a Vlade hire, and while it is great that we actually have a coach who has a proven track record of coaching, and I am hopeful he has the chops to pull this together and do his job and COACH, there is no doubt in my mind which horse Vlade is betting on.

A lot depends on Karl realizing that we just dont need to be a run n gun type of team. Cousins ended up shooting way more jumpshots, and we just weren't the same. We have even more bangers and bruisers now, that make us a lot more similar to Memphis than anything. I dont mind us being a nice blend of both, but i'd rather beat teams up and win near 50 games

With the old squad we almost had .500 earlier last season against the toughest schedule under Malone.
Talent-wise, the new roster is an huge upgrade over the last one. I hope +51 wins, but a couple of IFs.

1. Karl and Boogie: Vlade made sure to recruit complimentary pieces around Cousins, including WCS; not breaking the bank, with some spare changes still in his pocket to shop. That would help to take a lot of pressure off Cousins to lead. On the other hand Karl got talented pieces + a franchise player to work with and possibly to retire for good with a cigar in few years. Karl mentioned he's willing to work with Cousins and take him to the next level in his last interview. These could give the parties a good reason to find a common ground. I'm positive Vlade will do his part in this regard as well. This would have been really hard had Vlade chose the decorating works like his predecessors on the free agency, instead of the risky move with Philly.

2. Rondo and his antics: I hated the buzz about Ellis and Rondo, but was hesitant about Matthews. I'm glad two of them off the book, specially Ellis. Rondo is the cheapest the amongst and 1 year rental only, gives us much more room to maneuver. I can live with that, cut him loose, if it doesn't work. Fortunately, we have a quality PG to replace him. I hope he will be in his best behavior this season, otherwise he would follow footsteps of Marbury.

Last edited:
Didn't pick in the poll because I'm a step at time kind of guy. First, let's see how long it takes us to win our first three games and after that, how long do s it take us to win our first ten. Then maybe I'll guess about the season.

50-55. The defense and 3 point shooting has improved and there's no more dead weight like Landry and Derrick Williams
You forgot Nik and Sessions, two more guys that were essentially corpses we threw out there to give the starters a breathe.

Between Rondo, Bellineli and Koufos the IQ of the team has gone way up.

You could argue we were on pace for 40 wins last season with a bench of corpses. Now we have a legit bench with vets in their prime.this is also good for Ben and WCS, our two young guys surrounded by pros and vets.

The Karl and Cousins dynamic will be key. If they can work together we could go easily north of 40 wins. We now have the depth to compete when the little injuries start coming up. Don't underestimate Karls ability to put together a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.