Pipe dream

Here is my pipe dream trade in the offseason.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
9.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 26.3 minutes

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
4.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 11.0 minutes

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.2 minutes

Incoming

Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
21.7 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 4.4 apg in 39.2 minutes

Change in team outlook: -6.6 ppg, -4.7 rpg, and -2.8 apg.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
21.7 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 4.4 apg in 39.2 minutes

Incoming

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
9.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 26.3 minutesCorliss

Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
4.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 11.0 minutes

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.2 minutes

Change in team outlook: +6.6 ppg, +4.7 rpg, and +2.8 apg.

Successful ScenarioDue to Sacramento and Minnesota being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Minnesota had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement

Then you go after Ben Wallace and open up that pocketbook and pay whatever he needs to bring him to Sacramento, since from what I understand he'll be an UFA in the offseason.

The starting line would be:

Bibby
Martin
Artest
Wallace
Garnett

I know, I know. But, people can dream can't they? :D

Nice picture they have of Kenny on RealGM by the way.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
YAY!!!

Doc wins the thread!!!

So just how incriminating are those photos you must have in your possession?

;)

VF21 said:
YAY!!!

Doc wins the thread!!!

So just how incriminating are those photos you must have in your possession?

;)
VERY incriminating. The Gm and Owners will have no choice but to bow to my demands. I don't think Petrie would have a problem doing this one. And I just have to convince the Maloofs to spend the money on Big Ben.

GoGoGadget said:
The picture of Corliss has a bit of a "What you tradin' me for, Willis?" quality to it.

And, I likes the trade.
And Brad has a "You did WHAT?!" look on his face.

And I like the trade too. :)

Those pics are so funny. They all tell a story.
KT getting stripped of the ball going to the hoop, CW saying "What you say Willis??? and Brad looking a little confused. I would rather see the Brad pick of him pouting after getting called for a foul. Just kidding, they are Kings players and I'm cheering for them. :D

Big Ben has made it clear that he wants to finish his career with the Pistons. As long as they keep winning just like they have been, I don't see them breaking up that team. They'll resign him when he becomes a free agent. I like KG as well but I'm starting to think that his body is breaking down on him. I would much rather have a younger player like a Dwight Howard. You have to think that KG has been in the league going on 11 years. He was drafted when he was 19. He's turning 30 this year. That's a lot of games on his knees.

Burrito06 said:
Big Ben has made it clear that he wants to finish his career with the Pistons. As long as they keep winning just like they have been, I don't see them breaking up that team. They'll resign him when he becomes a free agent.
Umm also, are you sure you want Ron Artest and Ben Wallace on the same team? Well I guess the Maloofs can sponsor "NBA Brawl Part 2: Artest in the stands again".