Peja interview on 1140am

did anyone listen? what happened? what did he say?

i just read the article elise posted in the "what's up with" thread.. i'm thinking that's basically what peja will say, too..

LMM said:
did anyone listen? what happened? what did he say?

i just read the article elise posted in the "what's up with" thread.. i'm thinking that's basically what peja will say, too..
That's exactly what he said.

And he talked about his wife and new baby and how he rested basketball wise but not sleep wise this summer.

Peja and Christie on Talk 650

Did anyone hear Christie & Peja on the radio today? Christie sounded great -- said he can't wait to get on the court. I love that guy! He said he tried resting the foot all summer but obviously it didn't work, probably because he played on it too long during the post season. He said he had his choice of several low voltage treatments over a period of weeks or one high voltage treatment, and he choose the high voltage treatment because it will get him back on the court more quickly.

Didn't catch all of Peja's interview because we were leaving for my daughter's birthday party. From what I heard, it sounded positive. He said that he will report to camp, that he will play his hardest. He said he respects the team and his fellow players too much not to give it 100%. He did say that he still believes in everything he said regarding wanting a trade, but he also said that his decision had nothing to do with Vlade or Webber. He said he just thought a move would be best for his career. (I don't get that either, but whatever). When asked if anything could change his mind and make him stay a King (talking about after his contract expires) he said that time will tell.

That's about all that I caught, but I think they actually talked with him for about 10 minutes. Anyone get any more info??

quick dog said:
Peja is still pissed.
Good, that makes two of us. I'm still pissed at him hitting the side of the backboard , and shooting half his usual percentage in the PlayOffs Maybe we can work things out together.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I certainly hope you mention this to him if you go to Fandemonium. You two really need to clear the air and work things out. :D

As for me, he's gonna have to really work before I'm ready to think about letting him back into my good graces.

;)

quick dog said:
Peja is still pissed.
More like bitter because I think he feels the organization treats Webb better than him. He prolly wants to be traded so that new team can treat him like a king. (No pun intended).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
All this second-guessing about what Peja might or might not be feeling has given me a royal pain.

Hey, Peja? Nobody cares! Suck it up and play!!

love_them_kings said:
He said he just thought a move would be best for his career. (I don't get that either, but whatever).
Maybe if he went to an average team ... he would be the man there ... but right now it looks like he is the third option on this talented kings team (after chris and mike) ... so yah thats maybe it ...

I don't know if that would be a good move or not (to go somewhere and be the man) cause he is not a "superstar" type of player ... he is verrrrrryyy good and i love him ... but chris, mike and all of them have to realize that this peja guy is a great player ... not only him ... the team is great and they gotta play as a team ... and all this saying im number 1 player and all that ... that's bad ... shouldn't be like that ... as long as it is ... we wont do good ...

cant wait for the season to start ... share the ball and don't force things ... work one for another

GO KINGS

thats why peja is pissed ... he thinks chris and mike are forgetting about him

and maybe thats just me

all we can do is guess ... and watch games ... this could go on forever

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Chris, Mike and all of them have to realize that Peja is a great player?

Someone just shoot me now...

I still love the guy but definitely "Suck it up and play!!!"

So did C.Webb actually do an interview with Grant? I heard Brad said he set-up a gym in his barn. :)

piksi

Hall of Famer
TheSerbianQueen said:
somehow i feel that no matter how great of a season Peja has this season, some people will still be on his case........
It does not matter. He does not care. He knows that he is in a good situation no matter what. Kings have to make a move - he does not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
It does not matter. He does not care. He knows that he is in a good situation no matter what. Kings have to make a move - he does not.
What?!?!?!

How do you know what Peja feels, thinks, or cares about?

Kings have to make a move? No, they don't. They've already said they aren't going to trade him, so the matter is closed...unless Peja continues to whine about it.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
What?!?!?!

How do you know what Peja feels, thinks, or cares about?

Kings have to make a move? No, they don't. They've already said they aren't going to trade him, so the matter is closed...unless Peja continues to whine about it.
I disagree.
I think they have. I can not imagine Kings losing such a player without getting anything in return. The matter is not pressing at the moment but let's see how tha season starts. If things do not work out - ???

On the other hand Peja just has to do his job an he will be fine.

TheSerbianQueen said:
somehow i feel that no matter how great of a season Peja has this season, some people will still be on his case........
Well, on the bright side, he and Chris can commiserate with each other over that fact.;)