Our House. Those were the days my friend. Those were the days

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Our House 1024X768.jpg

And now Peja, one of our favorite Kings, is retiring. All I can think of is "Thanks for the memories" and the wins and the 3's and the fun times. All KingsFans will miss you big time. Take care of yourself and come up and visit sometime soon.

Last edited:
Check the avvy . . . the Webber Kings will probably always be my favorite team of all time in any sport, but Evans-Cousins are looking to be good enough to ease the painful memories from that time and move into a solid #2.

Also- how great is it going to be when they get their own shiny new house downtown- no more spirits, no more curses: just cowbells and championships.

EDIT: Just realized that this post brings my post count in line with my join date. Want to point that out, and now don't really want to post for a bit.

Last edited:

CruzDude

OptimusRhyme past is the past. the future is now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

ABSOLUTELY!!! But it can remind us of who they could be in our future, eh?

I will love that team till the day I die. I don't think of them so much any more, though. Just good memories. Now I'm looking forward to the future. I am watching and waiting for another great team....maybe the one that will go all the way.

However, win or lose, I'll cheer with all my heart for the Kings as long as the guys play with all their heart.

CruzDude

Now with Peja retiring THOSE REALLY WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND. He was such a big part of the resurgent Kings of 1998-2004.

Still have a copy of this issue of SI with me. Love, love, love that team - easily the most fun and entertaining basketball team that I've had the privilege of watching. Thanks for the memories, Kings.

i was a die hard kings fan but to tell u the truth peja was weak he always choked and was way to soft deff was not one of my fav kings and his retirement don mean nothing to me hes a lazzy as he coulda still ben playing

Well I don't have my SI copy anymore but I do have a Kings 2000 poster on my wall with all the Kings players and autographs showing number 16 going in for a layup. My ARCO seat was in a perfect spot to see Pega launch those beautiful three-point shots from the side. We came close folks and Pega helped us get there.

i was a die hard kings fan but to tell u the truth peja was weak he always choked and was way to soft deff was not one of my fav kings and his retirement don mean nothing to me hes a lazzy as he coulda still ben playing

A) C'mon, man. Write and learn to spell properly?

B) Peja was one of the top 3 point shooters in the league. Yeah, he choked in the later years in the playoffs. And he's been so injury plagued, that it's not him being lazy. You've probably never played a sport in your life. Have you ever dealt with a sports injury? Multiple ones, in Peja's case. He had 13 solid years in the NBA. That's a decent career.

One of the most humble guys to talk to, and I was lucky to get to get his autograph once. I wish him the very best in his retirement with a ring.

I always thought Peja was put in a terrible position in 2002, when he had been injured all playoffs and then thrown into the dying minutes of Game 7 vs the Shaq-Kobe Lakers and expected to score -- not a high percentage play for anyone. I think Adalman was the best Kings coach I've ever seen but that day he was badly outcoached by Phil Jackson (oh well).