Ostertag...?

mcsluggo said:
Does anyone know if there was a reason that Taq didn't get into last night's game?
Toronto has a small, athletic front court. My guess is that he will only be used in games with big centers or if someone gets in foul trouble. Also, our defense near the basket was pretty good, so we didn't seem to need him. I'd bet he'll be used tonight.

We were up by like 25 in the fourth, and brought in Webber. There must have been a reason to keep Tag on the bench, I mean it was garbage time, it doesnt really matter who the raps have on the floor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tag is going to do fine with the Kings. He was brought here as a backup to Miller and to provide some shot blocking and lane clogging. I see no reason to believe he won't perform adequately in those roles...

He's not Vlade, but Vlade isn't here. Vlade is a Laker - an injured Laker, BTW. IMHO it's time to quit dumping on one of our own.

I wish Otag would hit the weight room, he arms look really flabby. But I do like what he brings to the Kings and once he is healed I think will be able to contribute more.

VF21 said:
Tag is going to do fine with the Kings. He was brought here as a backup to Miller and to provide some shot blocking and lane clogging. I see no reason to believe he won't perform adequately in those roles...

He's not Vlade, but Vlade isn't here. Vlade is a Laker - an injured Laker, BTW. IMHO it's time to quit dumping on one of our own.
Agreed!
Also people must remember he has a broken hand.

Entity

Hall of Famer
He clutched his hand during the Houston game as if he was in a little pain. I imagine he will be rested for a bit to ensure the hand gets heeled properly.