ORL - LAL - SAC

ORL Gets: Lonzo Ball
ORL Gives: Jonathan Isaac
Why for ORL? PG is a big need for the Magic. Instead of using it on Trae Young who may have trouble transitioning with his size/athleticism, they bet on Ball who has very impressive advanced stats for a rookie. It costs them Isaac, but at 6, they can focus on best player available rather feel the need to select Young.

--------------------------------------------------

LAL Gets: Buddy Hield & Willie Cauley-Stein
LAL Gives: Lonzo Ball & Luol Deng
Why for LAL? They move on from the Ball era in order to make them more attractive to LeBron. In the meantime, they create an extra $17 mil in cap space which allows them to sign LeBron and another max player. Hield would be a great off-ball player knocking down 3s at a high clip & Cauley-Stein gives them a cheap C option who can be a lob threat and get out on the break.

SAC Gets: Jonathan Isaac & Luol Deng
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield & Willie Cauley-Stein
Why for SAC? With Bogdanovic at SG, the Kings move Hield for a position of need SF/PF. Cauley-Stein could become obsolete if the Giles hype is real. Isaac gives them a very long, athletic wing who is a great defender (something they desperately need). Defensively, he's averaging 2.2 blocks and 2.0 steals per36 with only 3.2 fouls. This last year, he was 56th in the league in DRAPM, 64th in the league in DRPM, and had a -7.6 Def On/Off (opponents score 7.6 fewer points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor). And he did all of this at 19-20 years old. He needs to develop his offensive game, but he shot 35% from three & 76% from the line this year. Granted he didn't take a lot of shots so it might be a low sample size but his shot is promising to say the least.

PG - Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Temple / Shumpert
SF - Doncic / Jackson
PF - Isaac / Labissiere / Deng
C - Giles / Koufos / Randolph

not a big fan of Isaac right now. He's had a injury-ridden year, and when he was healthy, he looked extremely raw. He's around 6'10 and maybe around 200lbs... skinnier than Skal. He needs to put on a lot more weight. I'm not sure what position he plays. Is it SF? PF? or C? How high is his offensive ceiling? What's his skillset?

He's a gigantic project that I wouldn't be willing to take on. Not for both Buddy and WCS. It makes it worse we would have to take on Deng's contract. Giving up Buddy+WCS+taking on Deng's horrible contract, it needs to yield a lot more than Jonathan Isaac. I would anticipate a star level player because Deng's contract just tips the scale way too much.

Thanks, but NO THANKS!

No way I'm trading Buddy and WCS for Isaac and the worst contract in the league. Even worse, trading them to the Lakers, taking back a lot of salary and allowing them to basically sign 3 top free agents. Big NO!

OP, I will say you have done a nice job in laying out the trade specifics. This trade should not happen for a few reasons.

Never trade with the Lakers. Moving Deng clears a large salary for them and helps them in their quest to sign high profile Free Agents.

Also IMO either Heild or WCS has more value than Isaac at this time. Isaac is mostly unrealized potential at this point. Buddy is set to have a good year with improved defense, better passing game and his usual good shooting. WCS is in a contract year and it will be interesting to see if he can be more consistent. I really hope Willie understands his primary role is to defend, rebound and block shots. Any scoring he does is a bonus.