PTS: 13.2 REB: 8.0 AST: 2.9 PER: 15.95
Brad Miller
Salary: $8,750,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 15.0 REB: 7.9 AST: 4.9 PER: 17.24
Kenny Thomas
Salary: $8,183,769 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 9.5 REB: 7.4 AST: 2.0 PER: 15.09

Outgoing Players: Kevin Garnett, Marko Jaric

Basicaly we give up 3 starter caliber players for 1 superstar and Jaric who hasn't worked out as Minn had hoped and they are tied to a long contract with him. so we do take a bad contract in thsi deal but we are getting rid of another with KT so maybe its a wash and maybe someone will take Jaric for a backup swingman that has a bit of range as we will need a 4th swingman just to stay deep just in case.

I am not sure how many other teams could give up 3 players like we would be and still have a team and not just have Garnett. this is soley if Kevin wants out or not. I am sure we could get a decent Center for the mid level. maybe Chris Wilcox or Nazr Mohamed some decent one might even take the mid level with the chance for a championship

Bibby
Martin
Artest
KG
MLE

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
I am just looking back at the Shaq deal. Miami got Shaq for 1 good player 1 decent and a big contract + a draft pick. Thats the best deal they could get for the most dominating player in the league at the time.

so we are giving up Brad = Odom, Bonzi = Butler, KT = Grant and throw in jason hart to give them a backup point since we will get jaric. Minn is not happy with Jaric and will be happy to rid that contract.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't see the Twolves going anywhere near that kind of deal for several reasons. First, Bonzi is now an unrestricted free agent. We would have to get him to do a sign and trade and there's no guarantee he'd want to go to a TWolves team if KG was leaving. In addition, those players don't help rebuild a faltering franchise.

The reason Miami's deal went through is because Shaq wanted it to... and his salary is so huge not many teams could actually afford him without completely crippling themselves.

Petrie's good but I don't think he's that good.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
KG will cost more. And unfortunately Bonzi is no longer ours to trade. Probably will need 2 major players + picks/kids to get us in the running.

Bricklayer

Entity said:
yeah and indy will never give us Artest for Peja.
No to the contrary everyone had talked about Indy giving us Artest for Peja for years.

KG will inspire a bidding war the likes we haven't seen in some time if he's out there. Superstar, former MVP, sane, in his prime.

Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett
Salary: $18,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.8 REB: 12.4 AST: 4.0 PER: 26.66

Outgoing Players: Kevin Martin, Kenny Thomas, Francisco Garcia, Corliss Williamson Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Kevin Martin
Salary: $937,440 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 11.2 REB: 3.8 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.15
Kenny Thomas
Salary: $8,183,769 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 9.5 REB: 7.4 AST: 2.0 PER: 15.09
Francisco Garcia
Salary: $1,016,400 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.2 REB: 3.0 AST: 1.5 PER: 10.39

Corliss Williamson
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.8 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.3 PER: 8.58

Outgoing Players: Kevin Garnett

the reason this is better is that mini doesnt want brad miller... I mean i suppose they might, but i dont think thye want a 30 yr old center with no D to rebuild. This gives them aound 8 mil of cap option if they let everyon go besides the beefy contract in KT. But they would want the 2/3 guard youth of our kids. But most of all they have the ability to rebuild then... with the 6 mill off the books with Colriss... what yall think? (bonzi is not on for 8 mil anymore... his contract is over, not tradeable)

lets think clearly... and stop irrational attatchments... if we wanna win we need to see them as players... nothing is forever. Noone should be off limits on this team for a player like KG... Even artest. Tho I wouldnt let artest go... and petrie wouldnt either... But kmart and garcia? lol no brainer... they could be great, but they will never get 22 pts 11 rebounds 4 assists and 2 blocks

Bricklayer

I cannot see Minny going for it -- they will be getting offered All-Stars for KG -- and I would much rather not get rid of both of the kids if we could avoid it.

That said, quite obviously if you can field a team next year of Bibby, Bonzi, Artest, KG, Miller, SAR = 6th you just do it, do it tommorow, do it today, and never look back.

I know this thread is more about who the Kings can trade to Garnett, but I think you really have to consider the other teams that will go after him. New York Knicks is a big market, but they have nothing to offer. I hate to say it, but LA has a good shot simply because LA is LA and they may be able to package Odom and some others. Indiana may be in the running cause they can trade Jermaine O'Neal (all star player) and plus the T-wolves will avoid trading Garnett to someone in the same conference. NJ can offer Vince Carter, but Minny should take note of what Vince Carter did when he didn't have talent around him in Toronto.

It's unfortunate, but the Kings would have to offer something considerably better than LA to compensate for Sac being a small market just like they did with Artest. Despite that I think the Kings have the more tradeable talent. Among the teams mentioned I think Indiana has the best chance since they got Jermaine O'Neal.

In order for the Kings to get Garnett, either Bibby or Miller or Artest has to go. That's what it boils down to.

Bricklayer

Some potential KG offers off the top of my head:

Lakers: Odom, Kwame, Bynum
Warriors: Murphy, Dunleavy, Diogu, Pietrus?
Denver: Martin, Nene + pick?
Mavs: Dampier, Howard, Terry (S&T)?

etc.

Bricklayer said:
No to the contrary everyone had talked about Indy giving us Artest for Peja for years.

KG will inspire a bidding war the likes we haven't seen in some time if he's out there. Superstar, former MVP, sane, in his prime.
i've been on the garnett bandwagon for years now, but i think this is currently up for debate. you may well be right. he's probably still in his prime. but for how much longer? will his "prime" extend even into next season? tough to say. 31 isn't that old, but he's got a lotta mileage (11 seasons?) on that body. not much injury, but look at karl malone, arguably the most well-conditioned player ever to play in the nba. after he split for LA, he suffered a major injury. its all circumstantial, i guess...but trading for garnett has got to be for the short term, immediate run at a championship. you'd have to retain enough talent that you could surround him with players that will get the job done. i don't know if the kings could conceivably offer up enough to get garnett and have enough left to make a serious run.

Bricklayer

Padrino said:
i've been on the garnett bandwagon for years now, but i think this is currently up for debate. you may well be right. he's probably still in his prime. but for how much longer? will his "prime" extend even into next season? tough to say. 31 isn't that old, but he's got a lotta mileage (11 seasons?) on that body. not much injury, but look at karl malone, arguably the most well-conditioned player ever to play in the nba. after he split for LA, he suffered a major injury. its all circumstantial, i guess...but trading for garnett has got to be for the short term, immediate run at a championship. you'd have to retain enough talent that you could surround him with players that will get the job done. i don't know if the kings could conceivably offer up enough to get garnett and have enough left to make a serious run.
Let's not age him too fast. He hasn't even hit 30 yet (May 19) and has been basically the Karl Malone of this generation. REMARKABLY durable. Missed 13 games in 11 years! Amazing. And we are one of those teams that match up with him very well agewise:

Birthdays
KG -- 05/19/76
Reef -- 12/11/76
Miller -- 4/12/76
Bonzi -- 9/20/76
Thomas -- 7/25/77
Bibby -- 5/13/78
Artest -- 11/13/79

The whole core is right in that same range. If you're going to make a run with that crew, having KG be part of it doesn't age us at all.

Last edited:
Padrino said:
If kg is like karl malone... then he has his best years ahed of him. Malone won to MVP's in his late years... 98 and 96 i belive. When he was like 31 and 33... KG is 29

Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett
PTS: 21.7 REB: 12.4 AST: 4.0 PER: 26.58

Marko Jaric
Salary: $5,280,528 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 8.4 REB: 3.2 AST: 4.1 PER: 12.13

Outgoing Players: Vitaly Potapenko, Mike Bibby, Corliss WilliamsonMinnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Vitaly Potapenko
Salary: $3,325,416 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 2.7 REB: 2.3 AST: 0.3 PER: 7.12

Mike Bibby
Salary: $11,500,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9 REB: 3.0 AST: 5.6 PER: 17.61

Corliss Williamson
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.3 PER: 8.37

Outgoing Players: Kevin Garnett, Marko Jaric

Tons of cap room for mini, plus a all star caliber guard. We take the big contract in jaric off their books, to make things perfect for rebuilding... what u think?

What would me kings fans cry

Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett

Outgoing Players: Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Andrew Bynum
Salary: $1,888,680 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.7 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.2 PER: 7.86
Kwame Brown
Salary: $7,500,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.5 REB: 6.1 AST: 1.0 PER: 10.47
Lamar Odom
Salary: $11,448,596 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 14.6 REB: 9.2 AST: 5.5 PER: 16.94

Bricklayer

SacKings4Life21 said:
Tons of cap room for mini, plus a all star caliber guard. We take the big contract in jaric off their books, to make things perfect for rebuilding... what u think?
Minnesota wouldn't even consider it.

Bricklayer

SacKings4Life21 said:
why? if KG wants out... then they gonna have to check something out. is odom better? I guess the lakers package is better
They'll get a dozen better offers than that. Bibby alone <<<<<<< KG. Realistically it'll cost us two major pieces, a pick, and maybe even a kid.

SacKings4Life21 said:
Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett

Incoming Players
Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom

I can see Minnesota doing that.

SacKings4Life21 said:
Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett

Incoming Players
Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom

Ok...now lets find a way to beat that.

One question I'd like other people to chime in on is ...Out of Miller, Artest, and Bibby, do you think the Kings can have a solid chance at getting Garnett without trading two of the above mentioned players? There's no way I would trade Bibby + either Artest or Miller. Trading Artest & Miller for Garnett would be the most I would even THINK about giving up. If that trade is needed to be done to avoid Garnett going to the Lakers, I would do it.

man if Minisota called up and said "well give u KG for a package around bibby" I would be like "Hellllzzzz ya" and get mike on a plane to mini asap with whatever else they want... I mean Artest as wel????????? sure I would... but wouldnt want to... I love him so much. miller? eh I love him to... but i would do anything for KG

Bricklayer

King4Life said:
Ok...now lets find a way to beat that.

One question I'd like other people to chime in on is ...Out of Miller, Artest, and Bibby, do you think the Kings can have a solid chance at getting Garnett without trading two of the above mentioned players? There's no way I would trade Bibby + either Artest or Miller. Trading Artest & Miller for Garnett would be the most I would even THINK about giving up. If that trade is needed to be done to avoid Garnett going to the Lakers, I would do it.
No, You've got Artest. One great player. Now you need the second. That's KG. So you burn what else you need. Our hopes would have to center aroudn Reef and his mini-contract I think, to go with Brad OR Bibby. A pick. And then unfortunately probably a kid. Minnesota will want a future as well as a present to trade away thier franchise.