OG ANUNOBY

Just for conversion sakes let's say that we took a PG at #5 and Isaac is off the board while we are on the clock at #10. I personally think OG is the best choice in that scenario possibly even if Isaac is still there. Most mock drafts have in in the 13-15 range but I would still take him at 10 regardless because it's not an egregious reach and anything can happen in that range. He has all the tools to be a defensive stopper and transition guy and those skills alone make him a great fit. Don't get me wrong I like Isaac too I'm not sure who will be a better pro but what are your thoughts on OG with our 10 pick?

If Fultz, Jackson, Ball, Fox, Isaac, Tatum, Smith, Ntilikina, & Monk are gone, you either look to trade back with Portland (pick up Anunoby with that pick) or draft Z. Collins.

If we took a PG at #5 and there are only guys like Smith, Ntilikina, & Monk left, I'm taking them and figuring out the rest later. I would not be upset at all to come out of the draft with a Fox/Smith or Fox/Ntilikina. They'd push each other to be the best players they could be.

He's intriguing. Seems plenty mobile to guard SFs and has a decent stroke from 3 and big and strong enough to deal with PFs. He's had me interested for a bit. Can we trade back, pick him and add some value?

My one and only concern is his injury. If healthy and Isaac is gone I would like him. If both Isaac and OG are there it would be hard to pass up on Isaac. I like OG a lot, mainly because I like defensive stoppers more than most people. I also think he would fit what I think we are trying to build.

If Fultz, Jackson, Ball, Fox, Isaac, Tatum, Smith, Ntilikina, & Monk are gone, you either look to trade back with Portland (pick up Anunoby with that pick) or draft Z. Collins.

If we took a PG at #5 and there are only guys like Smith, Ntilikina, & Monk left, I'm taking them and figuring out the rest later. I would not be upset at all to come out of the draft with a Fox/Smith or Fox/Ntilikina. They'd push each other to be the best players they could be.
I highly doubt he's there at 15 and I don't want ANY part of those stretch 5 type players personally.

I highly doubt he's there at 15 and I don't want ANY part of those stretch 5 type players personally.
I wouldn't go so far as to say I highly doubt he would be there considering he is coming off an ACL injury. Not saying that it's accurate, but NBADraft.net has him going in the 2nd round right now. I disagree with that would take him at #15 but he's been around 13-20 all year long. Is it not realistic to expect him to be on the lower side of that spectrum after the injury? I believe so.

As for the stretch 5, I really don't want to take either Markkanen or Collins. I'd take Collins over Markkanen in a heartbeat however. There's really nothing Collins doesn't do well at this point that you'd want out of a C. I just have a hard time seeing how it would work out with Labissiere, Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, & Collins as our frontcourt when 3 of those 4 guys should primarily be playing C. That's why I would look to trade the pick first and if I can't find a deal, you take BPA which happens to be Collins.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he's cleared medically I'd be okay with Anunoby if Ntilikina & Isaac (and obviously Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, & Smith) are off the board.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I highly doubt he would be there considering he is coming off an ACL injury. Not saying that it's accurate, but NBADraft.net has him going in the 2nd round right now. I disagree with that would take him at #15 but he's been around 13-20 all year long. Is it not realistic to expect him to be on the lower side of that spectrum after the injury? I believe so.

As for the stretch 5, I really don't want to take either Markkanen or Collins. I'd take Collins over Markkanen in a heartbeat however. There's really nothing Collins doesn't do well at this point that you'd want out of a C. I just have a hard time seeing how it would work out with Labissiere, Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, & Collins as our frontcourt when 3 of those 4 guys should primarily be playing C. That's why I would look to trade the pick first and if I can't find a deal, you take BPA which happens to be Collins.
Draft Express >>>> nbadraft.net, and they have him at 13 for what it's worth.

All depends on his knee, but he is a perfect fit for a team that needs a defensive disruptor that can guard four positions on a switch. He's definitely in the Artest mode, or even Draymond Green - without Dray's floor game.

A team is going to be very happy with him down the road if health isn't a factor. I'd take him at #10, don't really care about projections.

I don't feel good about it at 10 due to his injury, but I've always thought there was a deal to be had trading down for a SF like him
I'm not sure there is because between 10 and 13 it's a crap shoot. That's where teams start to draft for need and besides that he's not a reach (imo) at #10.

All depends on his knee, but he is a perfect fit for a team that needs a defensive disruptor that can guard four positions on a switch. He's definitely in the Artest mode, or even Draymond Green - without Dray's floor game.

A team is going to be very happy with him down the road if health isn't a factor. I'd take him at #10, don't really care about projections.
Exactly between him and WCS we could switch all day.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, to echo what many have already said, it would depend on who is left when our turn comes. I wouldn't take him over Isaac, and I'm not sure I would take him over Z Collins. And, I could make a case for taking a look at Justin Jackson as well. Funny how no one is even considering him when all he did was put up better numbers than Josh Jackson and win a national championship. But that aside, I would have no trouble with drafting Anunoby. In my opinion, if he hadn't gotten injured, he would be in the top ten on most draft boards right now.

I compared him to Ron Artest early in the college season, and had him in my top ten at that time. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts moving up some of the boards if he gets a clean bill of health, and has good workouts. He's not my first choice at 10, but he's certainly one of my choices.

OG had been hovering around the 9th pick on Draft Express's mocks prior to his injury. If he is cleared and Ntilikina , Isaac and a few others are off the board, I dont think it a "reach" to grab him at 10. I mean what does that really even mean? You adhere like glue to these lists that everyone uses year in year out, you miss guys like Manu, D. Green, IT etc.

Have to get the team doctors to look at him, if they can't, or have concerning news we can't risk the 10 on him.
It would be very difficult for me to take him at #10 coming off a torn ACL, without ever playing a game since.

Just look at Philly and their history of drafting already injured players high in the draft, NOT good news.

If we can trade down to the #12-16 area and pick up an asset or two, then sure, he is worth the risk.

We really can't afford to take a player at #10 that may not be ready to fully play until 2018.

It would be very difficult for me to take him at #10 coming off a torn ACL, without ever playing a game since.

Just look at Philly and their history of drafting already injured players high in the draft, NOT good news.

If we can trade down to the #12-16 area and pick up an asset or two, then sure, he is worth the risk.

We really can't afford to take a player at #10 that may not be ready to fully play until 2018.
I've seen him pegged as high as 11

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

So no, if the doctors give you some good news I wouldn't get cute here. But they've got to be certain.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Any news on the knee injury recovery?

Does anyone know if he participated at the Draft Combine?
I believe he went and got measured, but didn't participate in the vertical or the agility drills. He also participated in the interviews. Understandable coming off a knee injury. From what I've read, his recovery is coming along as planned.

I've seen him pegged as high as 11

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

So no, if the doctors give you some good news I wouldn't get cute here. But they've got to be certain.
The thing about ACL injuries are that you can never be certain, until that player shows he can play on that injury, i.e. Dennis Smith Jr.

Nerlens Noel was out for basically 1 1/2 + years on the same injury.

As much as I would like OG and his defense, I would only take him with a trade down, considering the uncertainty of his knee.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Admittedly, haven't seen him play in Indiana. Can't pass any judgment, only go on based what people on here say, read scouting reports & watch highlight clips. That said, I'm always on board with bringing a defensive player on the team. However, if I'm taking a chance on a player with injury history, I'm leaning towards Harry Giles.

I believe he went and got measured, but didn't participate in the vertical or the agility drills. He also participated in the interviews. Understandable coming off a knee injury. From what I've read, his recovery is coming along as planned.
Even if we have to sit him out a year as a precaution hes still worth it at #10.

Here is the thing, until he steps on the court and shows he is healthy, I think he is too high a risk to take at #10.

The player and his agent will always tell you that everything is going great! Even with the doctors, they can't tell what is going on as far as pain and pain tolerance for the player.

I would want to mitigated my risk by trading down a bit, if I were to go OG Anunoby. Otherwise, the Kings should take a hard long look at UNC's SF Justin Jackson at 10.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Admittedly, haven't seen him play in Indiana. Can't pass any judgment, only go on based what people on here say, read scouting reports & watch highlight clips. That said, I'm always on board with bringing a defensive player on the team. However, if I'm taking a chance on a player with injury history, I'm leaning towards Harry Giles.
Lest your forget, Giles is coming off a similar injury.