OFFICIAL: Kings Alternate Jersey Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really feeling it, but it is a good thing they only wear this 1-3 times a year. This is not photoshopped. This is what it will really look like. Now what do you guys think from the real picture?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Well, thank goodness it doesn't look as yellowish as the video game. Now that I have seen it, I don't think I like it either. I will still wait until I see it on the floor before I make my final judgement though.

Hmmm...

It's a bit less ugly than I saw it before, but I think it resembles a Laker jersey even more now...that's just the feeling I get.

It doesn't matter what variety of yellow is, looks Lakerish (even it's a word to describe). I'm gonna be sick of this.
Hope there finds a player who would protest to put it on. I bet my money on Bibby...

Bballkingsrock said:
Not really feeling it, but it is a good thing they only wear this 1-3 times a year. This is not photoshopped. This is what it will really look like. Now what do you guys think from the real picture?
What do you mean? All I know is there're 3 kind of jerseys.
Home, road, & classic. Only the classic can be worn a few times in a season. Maybe I'm missing something.

sono said:
What do you mean? All I know is there're 3 kind of jerseys.
Home, road, & classic. Only the classic can be worn a few times in a season. Maybe I'm missing something.

the mavericks have the brand new green jersey's that puffy designed remember? origionally dallas has the white home jersey's, the blue road jersey's, and the throwbacks that they wore only a few games. but those new green one's, they wore only a few times. probably as much as many times if not more than the origional green throwbacks.

the kings will still primarily wear the white and purple. unfortunately!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
iheartBrad said:
I don't think it looks like the Lakers jerseys AT ALL
You mean outside of the bluish-purple and gold, purple numbers with white rims, and purple and white striping on the arms and neck?

Hey, at least we flipped the number and name on the front and added some funky one-sided arm thing so we would only look like the Lakers from behind. Seriously now, if the Lakers had announced that exact same jersey (with Lakers instead of Kings) as their new jersey this year, would anybody have even raised an eyebrow?

where is the similarity? ones gold and the other is more like a yellow orange. the lakers have the purple stripe going down both sides and the kings' jersey does not. the laker jersey is colored with white wile the king's are in purple. the neckline is completely off. the lakers dont have that thick purple neckline, but a thin one. like the pistons uniforms. not to mention there's grey all over the edges of the kings' jersey.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

tyrant said:

where is the similarity?
Um..how about look at the pics I posted. As I mentioned, we are using the old Lakers jerseys that they used throughout the Showtime era and through about '98 or so. Maybe one of the Maloofs saw a Lakers throwback jersey and thought it looked cool or something.

Last edited:
the mavericks have the brand new green jersey's that puffy designed remember? origionally dallas has the white home jersey's, the blue road jersey's, and the throwbacks that they wore only a few games. but those new green one's, they wore only a few times. probably as much as many times if not more than the origional green throwbacks.

the kings will still primarily wear the white and purple. unfortunately!
thx Tyrant, I thought that green was their classic. Anyway, I'm relieved. No offense...what's unfortunate for you is fortunate for me.

Bricklayer said:
Um..how about look at the pics I posted. As I mentioned, we are using the old Lakers jerseys that they used throughout the Showtime era and through about '98 or so. Maybe one of the Maloofs saw a Lakers throwback jersey and thought it looked cool or something.

the only thing that is even CLOSE to comparison would be this old replica Fletch jersey. and that was still like 20 years ago.

tyrant said:
where is the similarity? ones gold and the other is more like a yellow orange. the lakers have the purple stripe going down both sides and the kings' jersey does not. the laker jersey is colored with white wile the king's are in purple. the neckline is completely off. the lakers dont have that thick purple neckline, but a thin one. like the pistons uniforms. not to mention there's grey all over the edges of the kings' jersey.
sorry when it comes down to YELLOW jersey, I go color blind.
About the purple stripe: it's even not the major color and when a player's hands down no one would notice it.
The neckline: man this COLOR eclipces everything else... I can't see if it's V or U shaped... whooo...enough said

Bricklayer

Its always annoying when people try to intentionally miss a point. Study this picture:

Do you notice who is wearing that jersey? That's not 20 years ago. That's not even 10 years ago. The shade of gold is different. Otherwise we have, again, gold, purple, the resolution on the pic is a bit hazy, but trust me that is white highlighting around the number, and white and purple stripes around the arms and neck. Trust me on this. You may or may not be too young to remember, but either way what you are looking at there is likely the most famous basketball jersey in the history of basketball jerseys. The one that inspired Beat L.A. chants for a generation.

Last edited:
I know I'm definately in the minority here, but I don't think it that's bad at all and I really don't think that it is as similar to the Lakers as some do. I disliked the baby blue jerseys much more and it really didn't bother me that they wore those for a handful of games last year so I'm not that concerned about these for a handful of games this year. Does anyone have a pic of what the shorts look like?

I don't particlarly care for the jerseys, but, despite all your "similarities" Brick, they have have quite a few "disimilarities". I'm with iheartbrad and tyrant on that one. The most obvious is the silver on the Kings jerseys. And side by side in your pic above the color difference looks quite glaring to me. To me, the color the Lakers wear has always look like a gaudy, bright yellow to me, not gold at all. The Kings alternates look more like gold, say a Notre Dame gold. Are yellow and gold similar? Yes, so are hot fuschia and red or neon lime and green. To me, the Lakers jersey is the hot fuschia or neon lime here. :p

But.....the Lakers colors are officially purple and "gold." So I still kinda wish they hadn't gone there. Thank god they are only alternates. If they were changing their regular uniforms to this, I would not be happy about it....at all.

Please don't hate me! I think they are cool. Sorry Kingsgurl and the rest of the "not so fond of the Lakers" fans. I realize that you guys have serious issues with the Lakers and for good reason, but, perhaps the Kings can make gold/purple/white "cool" again.

why does one side have a silver band and the other doesn't? Maybe the jerseys will help us win by blinding the other team. I really don't care about the jerseys because i don't have to wear them! They do!

I don't see any similarity to the Lakers jersey at all. Color schemes are different as well as the design. I think some may be trying so hard to be unlike the Lakers that if we wore a brown jersey with green spots on it, that would be too close to the Lakers jersey as well because brown is a variation of gold... Just my opinion....
All i see is the old retro Kings jersey with a new color.

D-Mass said:
Hmmm...

It's a bit less ugly than I saw it before, but I think it resembles a Laker jersey even more now...that's just the feeling I get.
I dont know...I think it looks a little less like a Laker jersey, now that I see that its actually GOLD and not yellow. Not that I like it any more than I did before, because the design of it still sux, but at least its gold and not yellow.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
First, after seeing the full page ad in the Bee yesterday, I think I understand at least where they are coming from with the "gold standard" theme. Nice idea to reach out to the fan base; and you certainly can't fault their sentiment. One of the things that truly makes this franchise special is the fans and it's nice to see an organization make such a point of emphasizing it.

I still don't like the jersey. I'll express my feelings about it simply by not buying it...just as I didn't ever buy a powder blue one, either.

The Kings organization at least acknowledges the fans, as opposed to some places where it seems as though they'd just as soon play the game without anyone in the stands.

A lot of us don't like the color scheme because it reminds us too much of the Lakers. The argument IMHO has pretty much been done to death. If, after seeing them on the court, they don't evoke the strong urge to regurgitate, then the whole tempest will most likely fade to a slight tropical depression.

The main thing for me right now is that it is getting close to our first pre-season game. I don't care if they come out in trash bags with large pink bows on them at this point. I just want to see some Kings basketball!!!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.