OFFICIAL "I'm done with this effing team" thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Instead of posting your dramatic exit comments all over the place, feel free to vent here in the newly established OFFICIAL "I'm done with this effing team" thread. It can be because we tendered an offer to Zach LaVine, it can be because we didn't sweep the California Classic, it can be because you're still livid about us not drafting Doncic, or if can be about something else entirely. It doesn't really matter. Just put your post here (remembering, of course, that regular board rules on profanity, personal insults, etc. still apply).

Here's the deal: Does Danny do this deal? Does Sam? Does Pop or Buford? Does Bob Myers? If the answer is "hell no", then maybe that deserves some examination.

I was planning on buying tickets this season to watch the young guns. I will no longer be doing so, because I'm tired of losing due to bad decisions by this team and their front office. You pass up Lillard, Kawaii, Klay, OK fine, they can't all win the draft. You give up I.T. and Cousins for nothing...OK this isn't going well. You pay George Hill 20 million a year...WTF. When you have ONE SINGLE WAY TO ACQUIRE STAR LEVEL TALENT (i.e. the draft), you do everything you can to use your advantages in the league, and when you are one of the few teams with cap space with several teams being crushed by the weight of their own poor decisions and willing to make deals to reduce their tax bill, you MAKE A DEAL instead of overpay for a FA.

Done. You don't get my money, Vivek.

I probably told myself over 100 times that I'm done with this team but then I always find myself back into falling in love with this team. I realized it isn't the destination that keeps me excited about this team, but the journey :) (because we will soon be thankful that we road these waves after receiving that beautiful Larry O'Brien trophy)

I was huge Vlade (as a player) fan. I am not fan of him as a GM. I mean, I want him to succeed, but I would prefere competent GM. I am not leaving, because I still like guys on the roster. Even if Suck LaVine was on the roster, I would wait and see if I was wrong. However, I am losing hope...

What the hell was that tonight?! Offering 80m to a guard who isn't better than the ones we already have! Unless there is another angle to this FIRE VLADE.

If you can't handle the stress of rooting for a bad team you are probably not going to be successful at life My suggestion to those ready to pull the plug after years of loyalty and frustration is to stick around as behavioral therapy. Can you watch your team get crushed by 30 today and not throw a shoe at the TV or turn to the bottle? LOL, good you are making progress. Seriously, I think basketball is a beautiful sport. The NBA is the only sport I watch besides NCAA pre-draft and sometimes UFC WWE and NXT :p This is how I keep my spirits up through the 50 loss seasons. If you develop appreciation for what the NBA players can do including the opponent, you derive satisfaction from being a fan even when the outcome is unfortunate. Now I admit if the Kings drafted MPJ I would probably be singing a different tune. :p

Since the last time we've made the playoffs we've been through 3 rebuilds, had 17 first round picks, of which wcs is the most seasoned, seen our team almost move to Seattle, watched our franchise player get traded for pennies on the dollar, and watched bone headed gm move after bone headed gm move. Anyone still here, regardless of how much they complain, deserves a medal. I have to think if all this happened to about 25 other teams they probably would've folded at this point from fan abandonment.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... I have to think if all this happened to about 25 other teams they probably would've folded at this point from fan abandonment.
The people in charge know that, because the Kings are the only game in town, Kings fans will eat it, and like it. And, even if they don't like it, they'll still come back for more.

Only through the lens of tribalism is this thought of as a virtue.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I've been on the outs ever since "The Trade." I tried to take it with a smile on my face in the immediate aftermath, but my relationship with the team was broken right then.

I don't like Buddy Hield because of it, and I can't root for him or the team he's on. It's stupid, it's irrational, it's not Buddy's fault, but it is what it is.

I tuned out pretty hard last year, seldom watching any games. And then not enjoying what I did watch. I mostly followed DMC in NOLA, and after he tore his Achilles I was done.

Then the lottery happened. I was hyped. #2! I was back! Then they took Bagley and I was right back out. I don't even dislike Bagley. I hope he proves me wrong, but I was strongly in a certain other prospects camp. My excitement went right out the window. To the point I didn't even want to watch Summer League. My cousin surprised me with tickets to the second game, and boy howdy was I unimpressed with our #2 prize. (Loved what I saw from Giles and his defense, I'll give him and the team that credit)

But as it is right now, I'm heading into the season very likely not to care about this team. I probably won't follow much NBA until Boogie gets back, then follow that circus. I'll continue to root for him, and I'm excited to see him on a great team with a pretty good chance (slight understatement! Lol) to play for a ring.

Who knows. Maybe Bagley will turn into a 20/10 guy a make me eat all the crow. I hope he does. But until then I'll remain invisible. It's just too much letdown after letdown after letdown for me to care anymore.

Thanks for this thread allowing people like me to get this **** off my chest. I want to love this team. But they need to fix a lot of things before I care again. It's been too long and too incompetent to keep blindly following.

Last edited:
The people in charge know that, because the Kings are the only game in town, Kings fans will eat it, and like it. And, even if they don't like it, they'll still come back for more.

Only through the lens of tribalism is this thought of as a virtue.
When a team has a lease as strong and long as the Kings, in a small market vote for ownership’s course of action and even tenure with their wallets. Too many Kings fans are low information voters that help keep the team dreadful.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
you trying to get rid of the dead weight? I thought misery loves company...
Not at all. I just thought it would be fair for people to have one thread where they could post their frustrations, etc. without being argued with/ridiculed/etc. Venting is good for the spleen - at least that's what my grandma used to say. If people can vent their frustration maybe they can get it out of their system. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Not at all. I just thought it would be fair for people to have one thread where they could post their frustrations, etc. without being argued with/ridiculed/etc.
Well, it took less than fifteen replies for you to be proven wrong about that, so... better luck next time?

I’ve pretty much completely checked out. I’ll check in here and other Kings sites pretty much out of habit and a weird facination with gauging other fans tolerance for this organizations stupidity. I’m finding myself frequenting another eastern conference teams forum that is very interesting. Closely following a competent organization really brings home the fact of just how big of a dumpster fire the kings organization is. I feel really bad for kings fan. They definitely deserve better but when this is all you’ve ever known........well.........at least you have a cool new stadium.

Last edited:
Since the last time we've made the playoffs we've been through 3 rebuilds, had 17 first round picks, of which wcs is the most seasoned, seen our team almost move to Seattle, watched our franchise player get traded for pennies on the dollar, and watched bone headed gm move after bone headed gm move. Anyone still here, regardless of how much they complain, deserves a medal. I have to think if all this happened to about 25 other teams they probably would've folded at this point from fan abandonment.
Hey...De’Aaron Fox and Buddy are not peanuts! The are one of those ice cream sandwiches with the doughnut buns...at the very least!

I am with you there Folsom, I def feel like I have gone through the ringer. Being a youth during the golden era, I kind of thought I would have Kings fan children, not Dubs fans! They are coming around though!

Hey...De’Aaron Fox and Buddy are not peanuts! The are one of those ice cream sandwiches with the doughnut buns...at the very least!
We got Buddy, Bogdan and Skal from that trade. If the logic is that we got Fox from that because we wouldnt have finished bottom 10 without the trade, then the logic flawed. If and when we wanted to retain the pick, we could've just shut down Boogie for the rest of the season and lose enough. No need to get rid of him completely to do that.

I'd be done with this team next season if:
  • Doncic looks much better than Bagley
  • Bagley looks like a bust(I DON'T THINK HE'LL BE A BUST AT ALL). no don't give me BS about how he's young and needs time to develop. If it smells like crap, looks like crap, it probably means that it is crap. We've learned from all our busts. Please don't point out the random Peja example that happened 22 years ago. Instead, point to Jimmer, T-Rob, Ben, Stauskas, and Papagiannis.
  • None of our young guys show themselves as a franchise player. I'm not riding on potential anymore.. you either show production, or you don't. Don't give me BS excuse about age nor and experience. Devin Booker was a star at 20yearsold average 22ppg. Donovan Mitchell came in as a rookie and dominated immediately at 21yearsold.
  • Vlade makes an idiotic trade
  • Joerger doesn't give the young guys the majority of the minutes. If I see Temple, ZBo, Koufos lineups for long stretches, then I'm done.

We got Buddy, Bogdan and Skal from that trade. If the logic is that we got Fox from that because we wouldnt have finished bottom 10 without the trade, then the logic flawed. If and when we wanted to retain the pick, we could've just shut down Boogie for the rest of the season and lose enough. No need to get rid of him completely to do that.
We got Buddy, Giles, Justin Jackson, Frank Mason as direct results of that trade (players and picks).
Skal and Bogdan were a different trade (8th pick, ie Marquese Chriss)

Very often I'll see a free agent or prospect that would work with the Kings. I see a smart, low-cost move for the Kings.

And then I think "That's too smart for the Kings to do it."

I left with the Boogie trade, but I can't root for the Warriors bandwagon. I was hoping Sac would draft Doncic and change their fate. Yet, as it came to be, that was too smart for the Kings to do such. And nobody is anti-Bagley.

Everyone is just tired of knowing their team is too dumb to succeed.