[NYL/SAC] Is it my imagination...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Or did we get out-rebounded 13-2 in the fourth quarter, and 6-0 down the stretch? Didn't we have a 28-12 advantage after three quarters?

I do not know what to say after last night's events.:( The Monarchs are 5-17, and I can not put my finger on how a veteran team like this can be so bad. And though we may disagree on the level of talent, I think we can all agree that there is beyond enough talent that this team should be better than 5-17.

Last night once New York went on their giagantic 19-3 run in the third, and then the Monarchs scored I think the first 9 points of the fourth, you began to see a team that felt entitled. That all of a sudden, the clock was going to turn back to 2005-06.....and New York was having none of that. IT WAS VERY EMBARRASSING.

Big ups to Brunson, Paris and even Powell, who tried her best to get free, but was blanketed for 40 minutes (even while she sat on the bench with a towel around her shoulders:rolleyes:). Those are the only three players I thought gave maximum effort. Everybody else was "Gone Fishing".

Big ups to Brunson, Paris and even Powell, who tried her best to get free, but was blanketed for 40 minutes (even while she sat on the bench with a towel around her shoulders:rolleyes:). Those are the only three players I thought gave maximum effort. Everybody else was "Gone Fishing".
Ticha gave the maximum effort that she has--our point guard is seriously tore up. I sit across from the Monarchs bench in sec 103 and several folks around have binoculars. We spent a good amount of time watching Ticha on the bench where they spent ALOT of time dealing with her thumb. She was/is in a serious amount of pain, and most of us thought she would not be back to play after half. By the end of the game she was completely spent--physically & emotionally. I have never seen her look so defeated...:(

I have to wonder about coaching choices sometimes...1)choosing to play Ticha when she was so tore-up and when it was clear we were not going to be able to pull this one out, 2)pulling the Bekka-Courtney-Kara tangent that was playing so well mid-way thru the 4th after a Lib time-out , 3)and not adjusting the defense when the Lib kids kept repeatedly beating us on weak-side defense with a wide-open three point shooter in the corner. Alot of credit has to go to Anne donovan--she was a smarter, better coach this game.

All of this is sooooo much harder because we are spoiled--so many years of great teams, playoff runs, and great basketball. The good news--Bekka is healthier, Courtney is going to be AWESOME, and we WILL have a top four pick next year.:)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah, I don't generally advocate pulling Penicheiro, but the best lineup last night appeared to be Lawson/Robinson/Maïga-Ba/Brunson/Paris. Having said that, I don't think that it could be said that Penicheiro didn't show up; she was aggressive offensively, which is what we want out of her, and if Lawson Powell had combined for better than 3-for-15, she would have probably doubled her assist total easily.