Now I'm not so worried (told ya so!) :)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Yeah, its only one game but it is the kind of game they (and we) needed. Passing, sharing, shooting well, rebounding, hustling. The Brick was on target with grades. This may now be the first game of the season but lets see how they do in Seattle tonight before getting too giddy. My favorite list for the game:
1. CWebb taking over the game in all aspects. (180 deg opposite)
2. Miller taking over the middle (too bad Fortson pushed him around)
3. Barnes continues to impress (did I say that? not tonight)
4. Evans looked great and is really athletic (looked ok maybe)
5. Overall defense against what was a hot shooting team. (what defense?)

Ok, off to get my first (and only) cups of java and enjoy the breakout. :D

OK, OK, its Thursday morning 11/11 and the Sonic game brought me back to reality with a THUD :( NOW I'M REALLY WORRIED ! ! That was horrible.
I've added comments to my favorite list above in ( ).

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
You realize that tonight everything can turn out to be different.
So we shouldn't enjoy the impressive game from last night?

Come on, piksi...You don't need to be so quick to burst the bubble. Let us celebrate a little. That was our KINGS - the team we know is in there somewhere. Let us rejoice in the sighting...at least for a bit.

;)

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
So we shouldn't enjoy the impressive game from last night?

Come on, piksi...You don't need to be so quick to burst the bubble. Let us celebrate a little. That was our KINGS - the team we know is in there somewhere. Let us rejoice in the sighting...at least for a bit.

;)
Sorry - I am switching to BW mode since the game tonight will be on ESPN

Last night was not an impressive game. At one point, the Raptors were shooting something like 30% from the field, and were only down 6-7 points. I have not seen a team this season play as bad as the Raptors did last night.

The only impressive part about our game was Chris Webber, who for a change actually made a majority of his shots. When he hits the midrange jumpers and plays like that inside (which happens ... well, every 20 games or so) we'll be hard to beat.

Still , last night's win was hardly impressive. If we beat the Sonics convincingly tonight, then we can talk about progress.

yep. i judge the team by a combination of games, not just one. i'm glad they looked like the kings of old with cwebb and miller tearing it up, but its wayyy too soon to be glad for anything. if you get hyped up about the way we won and then we lose tonight (god forbid) it will hurt twice as bad :( lets wait a bit 'till we judge them

I'm happy because they did what they needed to. They whooped on an inferior team at Arco. If they can escape Seattle with a win of any kind, I'll be exponentially happier! Key Arena has been a house of horrors the last few years, all kinds of stuff goes wrong when the Kings have to play up there.

Despite how happy I am towards the game last night, we have to take this into perspective. That was just one game. Let's hope there are countless more like it this season.
I was pleased to see the way they team (for the most part) came out and played last night. However, I think tonight will be more a proving game than last night's. Once again, yesterday was just one good game, and just one W. When games like yesterday's start racking up, that's when I'll be truly impressed.

The key last night was simple... Webber, if he can somehow keep from drifting back to the "KOBE PLAYER" in him then I think the kings will be alright.

piksi

Hall of Famer
BigWaxer said:
The key last night was simple... Webber, if he can somehow keep from drifting back to the "KOBE PLAYER" in him then I think the kings will be alright.
I am much more concerned about his knees going into back to back. Watch his defense tonight. I expect him to have some trouble

I never was too worried about them - last night was fun, and although it might not be that impressive, it was really great to see them come out and play like they did, knowing (well, hoping) it could only get better as the games go. The best thing about the game for me was getting that first W. :D

Dissapointing follow up

My enthusiasm over last nights game has turned into frustration. Kings can't shoot, rebound, or play defense tonight. What a horrid game!

Well, I don't understand why anyone made a big deal about Raptors game in the first place... we've beaten them 7 games in a row or something like that. Tonight, back to reality.

natedizzle said:
My enthusiasm over last nights game has turned into frustration. Kings can't shoot, rebound, or play defense tonight. What a horrid game!
Took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't even watch the 4th quarter. I know its still very early in the season, but c'mon, if anyone's not worried yet, then give me reasons why I shouldn't worry.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Rockmeister said:
Took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't even watch the 4th quarter. I know its still very early in the season, but c'mon, if anyone's not worried yet, then give me reasons why I shouldn't worry.
because the upcoming draft will be loaded with talent and we will have a new coach

I didn't even want to watch the game after the 3rd quarter. We had so many chances to take the game over, but it seems like are players have no energy. Webb was invisible, BJax seemed to try and force everything, Peja couldn't shoot, our overall defense is the worst I have ever seen. It is a very frustrating time as a Kings fan.

I have told you since the last game of the preseaon we should be worried. Admit it, do we have the worst bench in the NBA or what? Face the reality my fellow Kings fans. We are screwed by our own origization. No effort at all to put up a somehow acceptable 2nd unit. And this is going to hurt us big time this year.

I start to feel sorry for our players.

vj9999 said:
The reason not to be worried...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2004010423

Blow outs happen. We only played 5 games. I'd rather have a blow out than have a great game and loose by a point. We know we can be better and the whole team had an off night.
Kings had a crappy pre-season...yes, I know it was just PRE-season, but now they are playing the same way as the REGULAR season. And you still aren't worried. All you are going to show me is they got their butts kicked by 30 points. Nice! By the way, when I went to that link, that's the wrong score. But nonetheless, the Kings got smoked tonight.

Kings problems are always the same....DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. Is that ever going to improve?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Since93 said:
I have told you since the last game of the preseaon we should be worried. Admit it, do we have the worst bench in the NBA or what? Face the reality my fellow Kings fans. We are screwed by our own origization. No effort at all to put up a somehow acceptable 2nd unit. And this is going to hurt us big time this year.

I start to feel sorry for our players.
Given how bad the starters were tonight, doubt it would really have mattered who we brought in off the bench. And really right now the bench guys we ARE sure of jsut aren't playing like it. Bobby = playing poorly. Darius = playing poorly. Tag = still in hibernation. Those guys are all considerably better than they've been showing so far. Hoping Alexander might give us a boost too whenever he's actually ready (if he ever his).

Oh well, step forward, step back. Last I checked its still November so we'll just have to see how it goes. Long long way to go, and we've been known to lay more than a few eggs in Seattle over the years anyway (for no rational reason whatsoever).

Last night we showed we still knew how to play the gamre at a very high level. Tonight we showed we aren't good enough to just show up and still do so. Hope the team learns the lesson.

Last edited:
well it could have been worse. it could have been the clippers at home... and one of our players could have been resting since he was too busy working on his rap album....

i am worried. wheres the D, where's the rebounding?? wheres the O???? and COME ON you gotta hit WIDE OPEN jumpers. and the 3 point shooting has just been AWFUL. PEJA PEJA PEJA WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! he shot a MUCH higher % last year, the whole team did as a matter a fact. our 3 point shooting is non existence so far, last year we lead the league in it.

i'm concerned about how bad we've played on the road. teams with asperations of the playoffs or championship can not be THAT bad on the road. no D, no O. that adds up to a 40 point blow out.... *YUCK*

i know it's early, but the kings don't want to get dig themselves into too big of a hole.

COME ON KINGS!!!!! play with some emotion!!! some HEART!!!

Rockmeister said:
Kings had a crappy pre-season...yes, I know it was just PRE-season, but now they are playing the same way as the REGULAR season. And you still aren't worried. All you are going to show me is they got their butts kicked by 30 points. Nice! By the way, when I went to that link, that's the wrong score. But nonetheless, the Kings got smoked tonight.

Kings problems are always the same....DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. Is that ever going to improve?
The link I gave you had a right score. It was a score for the last years game when Kings blew out Seattle 130-99. I just wanted to prove that blow outs happen that's all.

I think we are all collectively spoiled as fans. We can't be winning all the time. Things will get better.

Bricklayer said:
Given how bad the starters were tonight, doubt it would really have mattered who we brought in off the bench. And really right now the bench guys we ARE sure of jsut aren't playing like it. Bobby = playing poorly. Darius = playing poorly. Tag = still in hibernation. Those guys are all considerably better than they've been showing so far. Hoping Alexander might give us a boost too whenever he's actually ready (if he ever his).
What I want to say is, besides Bobby, WHO can we count on at the bench? I mean all season long, 82 games. I totally understand some players may have off-night. But do you really think Darius and Tag and a bunch of unproven rookies are who we count on???????

The ridiculously thin bench create a huge pressure on our starters. They will be more likely to worn out. Btw we are not considered young anymore.

Since93 said:
What I want to say is, besides Bobby, WHO can we count on at the bench? I mean all season long, 82 games. I totally understand some players may have off-night. But do you really think Darius and Tag and a bunch of unproven rookies are who we count on???????

The ridiculously thin bench create a huge pressure on our starters. They will be more likely to worn out. Btw we are not considered young anymore.
But Rick has never really used his deep bench all that effectively anyway. The bench is not the reason the Kings are losing games...the starters are the reason. Peja hasn't had one game that measures up to any of his first 50 games from last season. Bibby and CWebb have each played one really good game. Brad has contributed a really good game. Other than that, the starters are playing terribly, and they are putting the team in a hole that no second unit outside of Memphis could dig itself out of.