November is over!

Well... took us an extra day, but we came out of "November" at .500, an amazing accomplishment no matter how you slice it. Toughest stretch of games of the season is behind this team, as well as a road heavy first quarter. I felt we played better than Indiana, but once again hampered by fixable mental mistakes, especially on defense. Also, Koufos is back, and I for one am acutely aware what a massive contribution he makes to games with his interior D. He was the second most valuable player on the court tonight after Bogi. We don't have him, we lose.

So with our interior D bleeding somewhat stopped, and our confidence riding high, we round the bend with our eye on staying competitive in the playoff race until the all star break, and if we can do that, get ready for some Kings Fever.

Bogi is really coming into his own as a player. I just see very few flaws/weakness in his game, and importantly, he has the game savvy maturity of a seasoned veteran. I never worry when the ball is in his hands. He's a special player and he's still getting better.

Nice to see JJ coming out of the slump a little. I haven't written him off. He's got the tools to put it together, so I'm glad to see him smash through whatever barriers were getting in his way.

Keep in mind we won this one without Bagley (or Giles, who's been putting in meaningful minutes lately). It's very encouraging that we can lose one of our starters and seemingly not miss a beat (could have used him on D especially).

We finally have a bit of a breather in the schedule, and I"m FULLY expecting us to pick up wins against PHX(won 4 so far) and CLE (won 4 so far). I think we will, and then we'll be back in Indiana on Saturday, presumably with Bagley, and a less rusty Kosta. Seems like every game we are working through kinks, and Joerger is doing a great job of in-game teaching and coaching, which makes mistakes less frustrating to see because I know they are being addressed. Now is the time to get some momentum. We can and should win out this week. I like the sound of 14-11.

Then let's go and beat Chicago (won 5 so far) and be 15-11 before coming back home to some home cooking.

Last edited:
Nice to see JJ coming out of the slump a little. I haven't written him off. He's got the tools to put it together, so I'm glad to see him smash through whatever barriers were getting in his way.
I'm hoping JJ can keep the efficient shooting going. I'd still like to see him put up some more stats, especially with the amount of time he gets, but his incredibly low TO ratio (He's had 1 TO over the last 10+ games!) is a definite plus. As long as he can keep picking his spots and drilling the 3's he's being given, along with providing at least average D, he could be a decent role player off the bench.

I'm hoping JJ can keep the efficient shooting going. I'd still like to see him put up some more stats, especially with the amount of time he gets, but his incredibly low TO ratio (He's had 1 TO over the last 10+ games!) is a definite plus. As long as he can keep picking his spots and drilling the 3's he's being given, along with providing at least average D, he could be a decent role player off the bench.
He’s been playing better, possibly making himself a better target in an Otto move