Noah, Gibson available

If they are after a wing player:
Gay for Noah
No, that's not an even trade for a Noah at the end of his career. I wouldn't even trade Collison for Noah.

Some Bulls fans have proposed Gibson, McDermott, Snell and our pick back for Rudy Gay. What do people think of that?

No, that's not an even trade for a Noah at the end of his career. I wouldn't even trade Collison for Noah.

Some Bulls fans have proposed Gibson, McDermott, Snell and our pick back for Rudy Gay. What do people think of that?
If that is a legit offer Vlade needs to get Big Cuz and Rondo in a room and talk it over. That is three starters right there and a pick for Rudy. But Cousins and Rondo must bless it and kiss Rudy goodbye.

That one is tough. Gibson has always been solid but he's 30 now. Snell has looked like a good up and coming backup SF but his game has taken a step back this year. McDermott looks like he's shaping up to be a very good shooter but he can't rebound, pass or defend worth a lick. He's averaging .1 blocks and .1 steals per game.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I would do that even without McDermott, as long as the other big two sign off. (Heck, maybe they'd throw in Portis instead of McDizzle!) I like Rudy's scoring but defensively he is a huge problem. We could start Gibson, giving us a full-sized front line and Omri could take the starting 3 spot with Snell off the bench. Actually, I like Snell quite a bit and wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a legit 3&D guy. Both guys have another year on their deals, and together they cost less than Rudy. And our pick back? Where do I sign?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Rudy is a great guy and all but I would do that in a ****ing heartbeat!
Considering you can probably only play one of those 4 players on the court at a time, is any of them better than Rudy? I honestly don't know but this is the practical problem of trading one great player and getting 4 in return.

If they are after a wing player:
Gay for Noah
For those responding to my post, I meant to start with those two and add players around them.

Consider this, Noah appears to be done, much like Rondo appeared to be done until he got here. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There was a time I would bang down our GMs door to Explore this. With Karl here it's against our philosophy I feel though Noah and Cuz would dominate with Thibs.

It's Christmas and I can dream I guess
Sure, fire Karl, Hire Thibs, the next day trade for Taj....

Except trade what? Rudy no, Omri's been too good, and if we actually trade a guard we are a guard short

Considering you can probably only play one of those 4 players on the court at a time, is any of them better than Rudy? I honestly don't know but this is the practical problem of trading one great player and getting 4 in return.
Rudy's defense and lack of ball movement keeps him from being a great player. If Taj is having a bad night, I don't see him becoming a black hole trying to shot his way out of it like Rudy has done a couple times this season. Complete momentum killer.

I do hear what you're saying though... It does seem like the team that gets the best player in the trade seems to win the deal more often than not. Especially when Sacramento is involved.

Bricklayer

If that is a legit offer Vlade needs to get Big Cuz and Rondo in a room and talk it over. That is three starters right there and a pick for Rudy. But Cousins and Rondo must bless it and kiss Rudy goodbye.
Yeah, pretty much. Rudy is not tradeable without the ok of Cuz and Rondo. He helped bring Rondo here, has been Cuz's wngman. Entirely apart from being our #2 weapon, you can't think of trading him without signoff from his friends.

But if you did get signoff that's one of the fairer offers I've seen other teams' fans propose. I do think people might be surprised how they feel about that Rudy contract though as contracts blowup this summer. You get an 18-20ppg scorer for $12mil you've got a heck of a bargain.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Noah is a shell of what he once was. Thibs wore him down IMO. Gibson...I don't know that I would give up Rudy for Taj. I don't see assets to acquire either players.

Yeah, pretty much. Rudy is not tradeable without the ok of Cuz and Rondo. He helped bring Rondo here, has been Cuz's wngman. Entirely apart from being our #2 weapon, you can't think of trading him without signoff from his friends.

But if you did get signoff that's one of the fairer offers I've seen other teams' fans propose. I do think people might be surprised how they feel about that Rudy contract though as contracts blowup this summer. You get an 18-20ppg scorer for $12mil you've got a heck of a bargain.
I'm glad Vlade is the GM and not me:D I keep waffling on this one. Now I'm thinking you have to keep Rudy!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I would do that even without McDermott, as long as the other big two sign off. (Heck, maybe they'd throw in Portis instead of McDizzle!) I like Rudy's scoring but defensively he is a huge problem. We could start Gibson, giving us a full-sized front line and Omri could take the starting 3 spot with Snell off the bench. Actually, I like Snell quite a bit and wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a legit 3&D guy. Both guys have another year on their deals, and together they cost less than Rudy. And our pick back? Where do I sign?
Yeah, I'd be on board with that deal. I'd be on board with just about anything that doesn't have Gay playing PF.

Bricklayer

I'm glad Vlade is the GM and not me:D I keep waffling on this one. Now I'm thinking you have to keep Rudy!
I think there is a very significant chance that SINCE Vlade is GM, we really won't be looking to make such a drastic change midseason. He's Mr. Chemsitry and vastly concerned with it. Its make your moves in the offseason, then focus on chemistry. Don't disrupt. Stay the course.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think there is a very significant chance that SINCE Vlade is GM, we really won't be looking to make such a drastic change midseason. He's Mr. Chemsitry and vastly concerned with it. Its make your moves in the offseason, then focus on chemistry. Don't disrupt. Stay the course.
Especially when what you have is working. As best as anyone could know, all this team needs is time together (and a different coach). If by the end of the season this proves not to be true, then make a move.

K

KingMilz

I was playing around on the trade machine thing and was thinking since the Jazz need a PG maybe we could do something like this

Trade works salary wise
Kings get : Gibson, Moore (back up PG), McDermott or Snell and a potential stud in Rodney Hood (who would be the prize)
Jazz get Collison and Mclemore and Felicio
Bulls get : Gay and Butler

I don't know if the Jazz do this i don't know how high they are on Hood but DC would help them a lot. Hood has the size and speed to thrive under in a up tempo team and he's only going to get better and he can play both SG and SF. We get rid of the two pg line up and Taj can play big and small at PF.

Edit: we could add Tony Wroten as a back up PG/SG as well

Last edited by a moderator: