NFL Playoffs Conference Championships

Pick winners of each game from week 3 of the playoffs...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

New England @ Denver
Sun, Jan. 19, 12:00 PM PST CBS

San Francisco @ Seattle
Sun, Jan. 19, 3:30 PM PST FOX

Standings after 2 weeks (last week in parentheses):
10(8) - Capt. Factorial
10(8) - uolj
9(6) - Warhawk
8(6) - TyFreak Evans
8(8) - LoungeLizard
8(8) - pdxKingsFan
7(4) - Glenn
7(4) - VF21
6(6) - Telemachus
2(-) - deekay2o9

This weekend's games are worth 4 points. Again, no need to post your guesses since the poll results are public and I can grab the scores from there. Poll closes at 11:15am PST Saturday.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Had to go with my heart. I want a win for Manning and the Niners. They might even be the two best teams but I wish the Niners game was played elsewhere.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I want Pats and Niners. I votes what I want. Which makes me feel good about not picking publicly the first week :)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Denver because I think they are better and the Niners because I WANT them to be better. I never vote against my team! And I think it will be a close game either way. ;)

The AFC battle is tough. The Patriots have had a ton of injuries and have generally been worse than their record this year, but I expect them to play better than their talent. I don't see the Broncos getting blown out, but I can see them playing like they did this last weekend and losing close to New England late. Still I think Denver is the better team and should be able to win it in the end. Maybe 31-27.

In the NFC, as much as I'd like to say the 49ers should win, I think Seattle is better and I don't think the 49ers offense will be able to do much of anything against the Seattle defense and with that crowd noise. I can see the 49ers winning 10-9, but I think a Seattle win is more likely. Maybe 17-10.