NFL Draft and Offseason Discussion Thread

Throw in the fact that Barron went to TB, that makes the trade that much sweeter. Blackmon goes to JAX and I'm loving the Floyd pick by Arizona. Great late pickup by NE as well getting Hightower.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The 49ers pick AJ Jenkins, a super fast straight up the field wide receiver with big hands. Supposed to be very intelligent. As far as I know there were several wide receivers rated higher but ????? In a meeting with the Niners they mutually clicked. I suspect the 49ers have the luxury to pick a receiver the suits Smith as they try to build another Super Bowl contender without a super quarterback. All they really need now is a guard to cover the right side and I suspect that will be their next pick. After that maybe a big running back. Then who knows? What do they need? They are really stacked except at WR and I presume Jenkins takes care of that problem.

The 49ers pick AJ Jenkins, a super fast straight up the field wide receiver with big hands. Supposed to be very intelligent. As far as I know there were several wide receivers rated higher but ????? In a meeting with the Niners they mutually clicked. I suspect the 49ers have the luxury to pick a receiver the suits Smith as they try to build another Super Bowl contender without a super quarterback. All they really need now is a guard to cover the right side and I suspect that will be their next pick. After that maybe a big running back. Then who knows? What do they need? They are really stacked except at WR and I presume Jenkins takes care of that problem.
I was extremely surprised by that pick but it looks like they are super high on this guy. Was it a reach to take the Illinois wide receiver with a first-round pick? Not if you read this - http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html ....

I don't pay much attention to college football, but I'm loving the Ingram pick by the Chargers as well. From what I've seen and heard, he sounds like a steal at 18.

Also really like the Claiborne and Blackmon picks. It'll be interesting to see how Gabbert and MJD do this year with an outside threat.

Anybody know anything about Ryan Tannehill and how he'll do in the NFL? I have to feel for Dolphins fans if he ends up being another bust, they haven't had a QB since Marino.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
49ers got a running back which surprised me until I looked up some videos. He is a good third down guy (picture goal lne) as he can shift laterally very quickly. That's the anti-Gore. People have him figured out Gore on the goal line. Not many holes on this team.

I don't pay much attention to college football, but I'm loving the Ingram pick by the Chargers as well. From what I've seen and heard, he sounds like a steal at 18.

Also really like the Claiborne and Blackmon picks. It'll be interesting to see how Gabbert and MJD do this year with an outside threat.

Anybody know anything about Ryan Tannehill and how he'll do in the NFL? I have to feel for Dolphins fans if he ends up being another bust, they haven't had a QB since Marino.
You're right - Ingram is a great pick at 18. I was sort of disappointed to see Blackmon go to JAX simply because Gabbert is the QB there haha.

As far as Tannehill, he was widely considered a late 1st round pick early in the scouting process but had great pre-draft workouts/interviews, etc. Since Miami lost out on every other QB offseason race, I was happy they got him. But that doesn't mean he will be a long term success.