NFL 2020-21 Season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Mahomes needs to buy Jimmy and Sherman a nice steak dinner for choking away the Super Bowl and expediting this process for him.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Mostert has requested a trade. I’d be upset... if I didn’t already expect the season to be a huge letdown.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Stolen from Twitter:
I was so inspired by the bravery of the Redskins changing their name to Washington Football Team that I have decided to change my name to Firstname Lastname.

The Seahawks trading all of their picks for Jamal Adams isn’t going to help their linemen or linebackers.
they WAY overpaid and I am totally fine with it. And they are going to have to pony up major $ for him. Sounds like they got wind of the niners being serious and decided to go all in. And yes, their pass rush sucks and Clowney is most likely gone, so doesn’t matter who you have back there if you can’t get to the QB

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Pretty disappointing development as Jalen Hurd tore his ACL. I’m guessing there will be no return on him after two lost seasons to injury. Injuries are always a shame and he seemed to be an intriguing talent.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can’t believe we’re only 2 weeks away. Even as we’re approaching, I still don’t have high hopes for the season. Seahawks def finishing first, and Cards have a chance to be a sleeper. I think the defense is going to take a massive step back without Buckner taking pressure of the rest of the line. And hopefully the offense gets healthy, because without his best pieces I have zero faith in Jimmy to win on his own.

At least we’re not the Rams though!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Can’t believe we’re only 2 weeks away. Even as we’re approaching, I still don’t have high hopes for the season. Seahawks def finishing first, and Cards have a chance to be a sleeper. I think the defense is going to take a massive step back without Buckner taking pressure of the rest of the line. And hopefully the offense gets healthy, because without his best pieces I have zero faith in Jimmy to win on his own.

At least we’re not the Rams though!
They literally have no pass rushers and brought back one of the worst o-lines in the league. Also a bunch of their running backs suffered major injuries at the end of last season.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
They literally have no pass rushers and brought back one of the worst o-lines in the league. Also a bunch of their running backs suffered major injuries at the end of last season.
Straight up; they’re in my head. They have been since Sherman’s Happy Thanksgiving.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was one of those dudes who wanted the Niners to make a move for Antonio Brown or OBJ but AB forcing himself out of the league and OBJ turning out to play for the Cleveland Steamers has proven Lynch and Shanny right in the end.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Can't decide how much of today's game was the Chiefs being really really good and how much of it was the Texans being really really bad aside from Watson and JJ Watt.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can't decide how much of today's game was the Chiefs being really really good and how much of it was the Texans being really really bad aside from Watson and JJ Watt.
I didn’t watch because I wasn’t thrilled to watch a Mahomes beatdown, but I’m willing to bet all the money I’ve ever seen on “both.”

and lol at Nuk Hopkins throwing shade tweeting “grateful” right after the game. BOB’s not good at his job.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I didn’t watch because I wasn’t thrilled to watch a Mahomes beatdown, but I’m willing to bet all the money I’ve ever seen on “both.”

and lol at Nuk Hopkins throwing shade tweeting “grateful” right after the game. BOB’s not good at his job.
BOB is the living embodiment of failing upwards. Would honestly not be a surprise if he somehow wound up becoming the next commissioner of the NFL somehow.

From a financial aspect, I can understand them wanting to move Hopkins before having to drop massive money on Deshaun but to not even get a first round pick for him but instead pick up some middling picks and a super expensive injury prone running back is inexcusable

SLAB

Hall of Famer
BOB is the living embodiment of failing upwards. Would honestly not be a surprise if he somehow wound up becoming the next commissioner of the NFL somehow.

From a financial aspect, I can understand them wanting to move Hopkins before having to drop massive money on Deshaun but to not even get a first round pick for him but instead pick up some middling picks and a super expensive injury prone running back is inexcusable
He’s going to somehow inherit the entire franchise from Janice McNair.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nvm, to the IR he goes which is apparently 3 games minimum this season?

Yeah, I mean, 3 games is nothing and with Reed and McKinnon currently uninjured, Shanahan and Jimmy still have more weapons to work with than last season.

Also Dante Pettis has apparently been looking good in practice.
(There is a better than zero chance the game gets postponed due to poor air quality though)