[NEWS] Vlade Divac Named Vice President of Basketball & Franchise Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that's deserving of its own thread.

That's a move I can get behind. Working on Serbia's Olympic committee should help. I'd hope/expect he's pretty keyed in on some up and coming Euro talent.
I think this is exactly what can set him apart as a solid exec and not just be a "figurehead" type of guy. He's an ambassador for global basketball and as one of the first guys to come over and make a name for himself, I imagine he gets asked advice all the time for potential euro guys.

Aside from that, love we're bringing in a Kings legend and a fan favorite and all-around awesome person. Great move.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Smart move to smooth things over with the fans, hopefully he will provide the voice of reason to Vivek and PDA on questionable decisions!

This makes a lot of sense actually in hindsight.

I think Vlade went with Vivek a few times in travel, he has been lingering some too here and there.

Really a good personality to have around.

If Peja is looking for occasional work, I could see him helping Vlade in some form as well.

I was just about to say the same thing. What does this position entail?
According to voisin he's now the top dog with input into personnel and coaching but she adds the caveat that how that works remains to be seen.

I love Vlade and glad he's back with the organization but am a little wary of too many chefs in the kitchen, none of whom have proven they know how to build a team.

From NBA.com:

SACRAMENTO, CA - The Sacramento Kings announced today Vlade Divac has been named Vice President of Basketball and Franchise Operations.

In this capacity, Divac’s responsibilities will include advising the Kings front office and coaching staff, assisting the organization’s global branding efforts, augmenting fan outreach initiatives and oversight of player development programs. Additionally, he will facilitate talent evaluation and help foster relationships between the team and a growing pipeline of European athletes.

One of the most respected and revered individuals in franchise history, Divac returns to Sacramento having spent more than a decade serving the NBA and international sporting communities with the same distinction that solidified his reputation as a consummate teammate, player, humanitarian and overall difference-maker on and off the basketball court.

Link---> http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings...nt-bball-franchise-operations?ls=iref:nbahpts

Status
Not open for further replies.