Nemanja Bjelica

Any questions?

This game isn't even over, BUT... this guy? I swear he has steadied this team so many times already this season. When we were about to come undone and implode Bjelica rescues us and calms everyone down. Defense, offense just savvy all around.

Vlade caught all kinds of slack over the seemingly redundant signing of him but he's been MVP so far. Fox is 2nd in that running but Bjelica has settled down fox at times.

Love his game. He's very smooth with the ball and and his decision making is crisp. Having a guy like that on the court makes the game easier for everyone and I think we're seeing that. Coupled with Fox and Willie and Buddy improving their game we're starting to look like a nice team.

Bjelica has the it factor. You can just read his body language at the stripe, during interviews, dude is just calm as can be. Plays the game with that certain kind of magic that maybe it's a Serbian thing but WOW... is it nice to see in a 30 year old big dude sharpshooter. He can do it all and more importantly, has that feel for the game that just absolutely cannot be taught. Huge part of our future. Huge.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
never did I imagine that adding Bjelica would of made this much of an impact in terms of wins and losses...I know it's still early but when you watch him out there, he clearly makes all the winning plays and that goes back to his International playing days to last year being on a playoff team in Minnesota.

But Bjelica changed his mind after talking with Kings general manager Vlade Divac. Both are natives of Serbia.

"I spent a lot of time talking with Vlade and as an icon in our country, he has a unique perspective on what it takes to put yourself in a successful NBA situation and what it takes as a player to perform in that situation," Bjelica told Yahoo Sports. "The organization's belief in and commitment to me overwhelmed me and my family. I am ready to do everything I can to help the Kings and be a part of the Sacramento community."
http://www.espn.in/nba/story/_/id/24153933/nemanja-bjelica-sacramento-kings-agree-3-year-deal

He wasn't kidding! ;)

The most crazy thing about it his shooting (great %'s)has probably been one of the least impressive parts of his game and his shooting has been amazing. He looks like the guy I remember trashing Mirotic and Dirk in back to back games a couple years ago in the Euro championships. In terms of impact on winning he's right up there right now with anyone in the NBA.

I love watching Bjelica play because he does everything well.
Many people from eastern Europe have been through some serious stuff growing up. This is easy. This is playing sports for a living. He plays with a great amount of confidence and calmness which is contagious for the young guys.

He is the Ingles signing they should have made a couple years ago. Under the radar, both I believe about 30 years old, on the surface looks to be a plodding, unathletic dude, but just provides a lot of smarts, helps the offense flow, knocks down the 3 from anywhere, and provides solid D. Ingles seems much more vocal, and a little more suited for the 3 spot, but very similar impact. Just gets stuff done on the court.

Bjelica has the it factor. You can just read his body language at the stripe, during interviews, dude is just calm as can be. Plays the game with that certain kind of magic that maybe it's a Serbian thing but WOW... is it nice to see in a 30 year old big dude sharpshooter. He can do it all and more importantly, has that feel for the game that just absolutely cannot be taught. Huge part of our future. Huge.
There's no reason to smile or get emotional when you are taking care of business. That's Bjelica. When you are singularly focused on what you are doing and achieving your objective there is no place for emotionality or distraction. That's just the way it is and should be. I think this will be an infectious quality that Bjelica can impart onto his teammates not quite as emotionally steady. I knew Bjelica was going to be good. I didn't know he was going to be this good. Before last nights game he was #19th in the NBA in Net Rating (+31) and led our team in O Rtg and D Rtg. He has been a revelation and further indictment on Thibs as a coach and why he should be removed in Minnesota.

Bjelica's fundamentals are a thing of beauty. I love how in control this dude is out there.
High basketball IQ, deadly shot, excellent passer and a solid defender. Tip of the hat, Vlade. You knocked this one out of the park.

I do have one question... What in the hell were the other 29 teams thinking???

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bjelica's fundamentals are a thing of beauty. I love how in control this dude is out there.
High basketball IQ, deadly shot, excellent passer and a solid defender. Tip of the hat, Vlade. You knocked this one out of the park.

Maybe Vlade used some kind of Serbian Jedi mind control. You know, "This is not the player you are looking for..."

1540933066333.png

Just pretend I photoshopped Vlade's face onto Obi's... :p

He missed many games. Thibs played him low minutes against second units. Many players look better against weaker competition. So nobody knew his play was not fluke against backups. In addition to that, Thibs forced Bjelly to stand in the corner and wait for tunnel vision team mates to pass him sometimes. Thibs also yanked him out whenever he tried to drive or create, untill JB was injured. 4 wasted years for him in Minny. Playing for the Kings is jail break for him.

Last edited:
Bjelica has come out of nowhere - had no idea he was this good. He looked ok when I checked his Minnesota highlights. What's even better is Hield and Bjelica have picked up offensively and provided lift-off for the offense. And its starting to look like a trend. If the team can get each of them scoring in the high teen's average and Fox/Cauley Stein in the mid-teens, the team will be ok offensively - a big problem being mitigated from last year. This will also help the Kings not over-rely on Bagley and Giles. Ferrell should get some more minutes. Looks like Mason leapfrogged him.

Kings shot 65% FTs against the Magic, but at least took 26 FTs. They might get away with that against weaker opponents, but not better teams.

Here's a question.

Once Bagley earns his way into the starting lineup (hopefully by Christmas), can Bjelica still thrive starting at Small Forward or coming off the bench?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Here's a question.

Once Bagley earns his way into the starting lineup (hopefully by Christmas), can Bjelica still thrive starting at Small Forward or coming off the bench?
My guess is that he could against some bigger, less mobile 3s. There is the possibility that with some teams you could see a lineup of Bagley, Bjelica and Bogs in the front court, or if Williams continues to play well, Bagley, Bjelica and Williams. In that kind of lineup you could see Bjelica guard the 5, or Bagley. If Bagley can shoot 3s just ok, this lineup could be especially good against teams with a dominant interior defensive presence, such as a Utah. You could have Fox and Hield in the back court and they could absolutely thrive because the floor would open up when a guy like Gobert is pulled 20 feet from the basket.

Here's a question.

Good point. Here's what I'm hoping: WCS, Bagley, and Bjelica are all ok rotating in and out of the starting line up depending on matchups. Of the three, I think Bjelica is the most mentally capable of that, but I don't want that to be the reason he comes off the bench -- always hated that reason. Best guy/best matchup plays... and everyone ELSE needs to grow up. I'm very curious to see how this gets navigated. No question all three are starter quality players on good teams, once Bagley gets his sea legs under him.

If we can fit all three on the floor defensively, I don't see any reason why it would't work offensively, especially if Bagley can develop that 3 pt shot.