NCAA basketball

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Feels like the acts of watching college basketball for the prospects and watching for the games are two completely separate things so here’s the discussion thread for NCAA2022-2023

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
oh my. I said something about good for the PAC today ... that ain't it.

Arizona played Nicholls State which is a school in this country I presume. Wonder if I can get a replay.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
damn didn't Portland show out really good at the Phil Knight classic against elite competition? Surprised to see them so bad after league play.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

Tony Reali speaks for me on this: it has never sit right with me that conference winners have to participate in the play-in games. Let that be for the at-large bids or, better yet, get rid of the play-in altogether.
Yeah I don't like the play in, but did prefer it only for the "last teams in".

Besides a lot of the "bad" conference winners get placed into the 16 or 15 seeds which at least makes the 85-53 rout entertaining during the first half when the 1 seed has yet to wake up.

But that said, I've enjoyed making brackets far less since they introduced the play in. Sure it's also because I am old and have stuff to do, but I don't want to make my bracket before some random game on Tuesday (yes I realize many don't even bother).

No bracket(s) for me this year. I've had enough of that crap. Seriously, I fill out a bracket EVERY FREAKING YEAR, only to see it go up in flames before the 1st round has even concluded. I've had enough of it. No more brackets for me. I just can't.

Tony Bennett must have horrible game preparation… but how does a tenured 5th year senior throw away the ball like that? I know he played a big role in their national championship win, but you’ve gotta be somewhat happy he’s not coming back to the team… time to move on.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'm really glad I had a last minute change of heart and went to BU who are still in the mix for the Frozen Four.
lol

Holy upset by FDU.

The moment was too big for Purdue and their players are extremely unathletic even for college standards apparently. None of their guards showed up tonight. Terrible way for Edey to end his career

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Apparently when Arizona poops the bed someone else shows up the next day with a one seed and loses to the 16. lol.