NCAA March Madness (discussion and pick 'em)

It's March! So I guess that means times for March madness.

I've started another pool for KingsFans, feel free to join and give it a try. Whether you flip a coin, study the mascots, or actually know the teams, there's room for you in our pool.

Click here to join the KingsFans NCAA Pick'Em pool on Yahoo!

Group: KingsFans NCAA Pick'Em
Group ID: 29550
Password: vlade
Deadline for picks: March 19 9:15am PDT

Obviously, the teams haven't been announced as of this post, but you can still sign up. The brackets will be announced next Sunday, March 15. After that you can make your picks. Get them in that week before the deadline to play.

We're using default scoring with a seed difference upset bonus. Basically, points are 1-2-4-8-16-32 for correctly picking winners in each round respectively, plus you get bonus points equal to the difference in seeds if you correctly pick an upset.

Have fun and Go Ags!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
first half between BYU/Ole Miss was terrible...this second half has been back and forth scoring, very fun game this turned out to be.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Can you change the settings to allow two brackets per Yahoo account? I'd like to put in a "fun" bracket.

Wait. What? Well, this sucks. :(
What sucks? That some others got two brackets and you only got one? Sorry about that. I had assumed the setting was on (since that's what we always allow) and hadn't noticed it since I only filled out one bracket this time. I never really care about who wins so I didn't really consider that it might be unfair to change it so late. I'll pay closer attention next year.

I have never been as confident about my Kentucky Wildcats as I am this season. I will be saddened if they don't win it all.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
LSU did everything in their power to lose that game. Mickey is a good shot blocker but his offensive game needs work. I can't wait to watch how Russell does against that Arizona defense, must see TV. Cincinnati game will be a dog fight for Kentucky....they play good defense.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
wow I haven't seen a more selfish player in College basketball than Henton out of Providence....that guy has tunnel vision as soon as he has the ball and takes some of the worst shots. I hope Dunn declares though...even though he doesn't look quite ready to play in the pros.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I love that my bracket with less correct picks is ahead of my more accurate bracket. For some reason I failed to pick Dayton in my more accurate bracket, was an oversight because I've always been a fan of Sean's little bro.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Villanova is a great regular season team but when it comes to March...they don't get the job done. Same will apply to Gonzaga, they won't last long in this tournament in my opinion.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought Nova was the weakest 1 seed and should have been shipped West if Arizona was going to be a 2. I don't think Arizona is a 2. Although I thought they would probably get to the Sweet 16.

I agree the Zags are not a great tourney team but Duke is also going to blow it somewhere and so I put the Zags through in both of my brackets. Though I was sorta rooting for them to lose yesterday.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
bye bye Virginia....looks like just defense alone won't get you by in the tournament because Villanova, Virginia and San Diego State are all gone because they can't score enough points.