NBA Trade Talk: Six draft-night deals that could redefine the Sacramento Kings

T

The Sacramento Bee

The players likely to go No. could take the ball out of their hands, while Hield could play an essential but complimentary role. The Kings need a new start and a new feel, and there is nothing like a No.

Continue reading...

wouldn't mind the wizards, bucks or hawks trade
I'd take that Hawks trade but I don't think they'd do it. Huerter looks like he's potentially about to break out. I'd draft Hayes with their pick and call it a good offseason.

Beal would be nice and could potentially get us in the playoffs, but I have a feeling he would just be a one year rental.

Divincenzo is a good little player but he's far too complimentary for my liking. Would be a great pickup if we already had upper tier talent but I wouldn't trade my 2nd best player for him.

I'd take that Hawks trade but I don't think they'd do it. Huerter looks like he's potentially about to break out. I'd draft Hayes with their pick and call it a good offseason.

Beal would be nice and could potentially get us in the playoffs, but I have a feeling he would just be a one year rental.

Divincenzo is a good little player but he's far too complimentary for my liking. Would be a great pickup if we already had upper tier talent but I wouldn't trade my 2nd best player for him.
Guess it depends on your opinion on Bogi, I prefer too move him for assets. He already 28 and little too inconsistent for me, he plays too much international ball and gets fatigued. I would prefer to trade him for Myles Turner but Donte and a pick is a decent return. Bogi shouldn't be one of your top guys he needs to be in more of a complimentary role on a playoff team. Donte is 5 years younger and can develop with Fox.

Guess it depends on your opinion on Bogi, I prefer too move him for assets. He already 28 and little too inconsistent for me, he plays too much international ball and gets fatigued. I would prefer to trade him for Myles Turner but Donte and a pick is a decent return. Bogi shouldn't be one of your top guys he needs to be in more of a complimentary role on a playoff team. Donte is 5 years younger and can develop with Fox.
Oops I was thinking it was Buddy for Donte. I'd do that trade for Bogi but the Kings would need to take another ball handler in the draft or they'd be in trouble. I'm not big on big men anymore but I'd trade him for Turner as well. I just don't think the Pacers would do it and it may be hard for Bogi to find minutes on that team anyway with the similar type players they have.

Oops I was thinking it was Buddy for Donte. I'd do that trade for Bogi but the Kings would need to take another ball handler in the draft or they'd be in trouble. I'm not big on big men anymore but I'd trade him for Turner as well. I just don't think the Pacers would do it and it may be hard for Bogi to find minutes on that team anyway with the similar type players they have.
If the pacers trade Oladipo, then Bogi could slot in his spot especially with Lamb being injured. Turner gives us a 24 year old rim protector who can space the floor, great fit with Fox. We might need to throw in a couple picks doubt they do it straight up tho. We have lots of picks this draft, can easily grab another guard and throw a couple seconds to Indiana.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Can someone summarize the deals? I’m out of sacbee views
1) Buddy/Bagley/#12 for Beal (Wiz)

2) Buddy/#12 for James Johnson/#1 (Minny)

3) Buddy/#12 for Huerter/#6 (Hawks)

4) Bogdan S&T for DiVincenzo/Ilyasova/#24 (Bucks)

5) Buddy/Barnes for Hayward/Kanter/#14 (Celtics)

6) Bjelli/CoJo/Parker for Horford/#21/2021 protected first (Sixers)

Buddy Hield isnt most likely viewed as a positive asset by majority of the teams because of his contract. That means scenarios like Buddy + #12 for #1 and a shorter a negative asset contract are never going to happen. Being a negative/neutral asset at best with your contract means its hard to trade you if you are trying to get any positive assets back.

I like the Hawks trade minus throwing in our #12.
The Wolves trade would allow us to pair Fox with Edwards who I like more than Buddy, but I cant see the Wolves doing it.
I like the Bucks trade if its an either Buddy or Bogdan scenario. I would think Donte would except backup status and the 24th could net us a steal.
I would love Beal with Fox, but thats a lot to give up without insurance that Beal will stick around after his current contract.

Last edited:
I can't see any of the trades brought up being accepted by the other teams.
I think the Hawks would consider that trade if they didn't get a better offer, which would be surprising. Hield is at least a good fit for what that team is trying to do. Huerter is nice, but he's been sort of a letdown for them and is really inconsistent and kind of gun shy. That team also has its hands full on the development side with Hunter and Reddish. Adding another guy at 6 you need to develop may not be ideal for them.

Hield's contract probably prevents that trade from happening, but given this draft class isn't exactly heralded, it wouldn't surprise me if it went through.

1) Buddy/Bagley/#12 for Beal (Wiz)

2) Buddy/#12 for James Johnson/#1 (Minny)

3) Buddy/#12 for Huerter/#6 (Hawks)

4) Bogdan S&T for DiVincenzo/Ilyasova/#24 (Bucks)

5) Buddy/Barnes for Hayward/Kanter/#14 (Celtics)

6) Bjelli/CoJo/Parker for Horford/#21/2021 protected first (Sixers)
thank you very much
Kind of like 4-6, 6 I would need to know more about the 21 protection . For 1, I love Beal, but seems steep. But if Bagley has chronic foot issues I would probably do it.

#1 way over paying for Beal.
#2 JJ can kiss my ass.
#3 Is there any difference between #6 and #12 this year?
#4 Sign and trades don't work this way. Bogdan has to want to go there and agree to the money.
#5 YES!
#6 Doesn't make sense money wise. Kings need to stay on the low end when the league crashes. No long term big money deals coming back for short term going out.

I’d love to see a link that says most of the league’s teams see Hield as a negative asset. Doubt that is even remotely true.
Some team would take him with the right deal. Despite all the talk around here about everything he lacks, he still managed to have a good year numbers wise. Also his contract isn't great, but if you compare it to some of the other big deals in the league it doesn't look as bad. Going into next year he will only be the 45th highest paid player in the league.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't think the Bee article specified the level of protection, but I was looking it over quickly so I possibly could have missed it. You're right that it does make a difference.
A lottery pick in the 2021 draft has great value, but only if its in the 2021 draft. A protected pick that defers to 2022 doesn't ring any bells for me. Maybe I'll change my mind by the time we get there. Top three protected, maybe I would bite, but top ten, no way..

Some team would take him with the right deal. Despite all the talk around here about everything he lacks, he still managed to have a good year numbers wise. Also his contract isn't great, but if you compare it to some of the other big deals in the league it doesn't look as bad. Going into next year he will only be the 45th highest paid player in the league.
Isn't his contract one of those descending deals with the most money up front vs. the traditional raise every year type of deal? Because I think that would also swing in favor of that contract being a lot better than it looks if you average the salary.