Offseason/Pre-season News articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abc10.com

What's most exciting about Murray is his proven ability to score in the flow of the offense, even as the best player on the Kings Summer League roster. Murray doesn't require multiple plays drawn up for him to score and certainly isn't ball dominant. It is very easy to see how he can fit right in with De'Aaron Fox, Domantas Sabonis and the Kings offense come next season.

Continue reading...

Y

Yahoo Sports

Sacramento Kings rookie Keegan Murray sits down with Chris Haynes from the Summer League in Las Vegas, Nevada, to break down his experience since last month's draft. The forward out of Iowa talks about his mindset on blocking out the noise on social media and preparing to play against the pros. What are the 4th overall pick's aspirations for his first season? Winning. Make sure to tune in every week as Chris sits down with the best and brightest from around the game of basketball.

Continue reading...

Y

Yahoo Sports Videos

The Sacramento Kings rookie guard spoke with Yahoo Sports senior NBA insider Chris Haynes on the “Posted Up with Chris Haynes” podcast about his play in the NBA2K23 Summer League and his highlight-filled showed against number one pick Paolo Banchero and the Orlando Magic. Hear the full conversation on the Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or wherever you listen.

Continue reading...

S

Sports Illustrated Indiana Hoosiers News

Between signing Malik Monk on the first day of free agency to drafting Keegan Murray with the No. overall pick in this year’s draft to trading for Kevin Huerter out on the wing, the Sacramento Kings have been making a ton of moves to try and win right now. New head coach Mike Brown has seemed to be working with the front-office to fill out this roster and their most recent move on Friday signals this.

Continue reading...

The Sacramento Kings rookie guard spoke with Yahoo Sports senior NBA insider Chris Haynes on the “Posted Up with Chris Haynes” podcast about his play in the NBA2K23 Summer League and his highlight-filled showed against number one pick Paolo Banchero and the Orlando Magic. Hear the full conversation on the Posted Up with Chris Haynes podcast. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or wherever you listen.

Continue reading...
Lol terrible interview but is what it is. Keegan is so even keeled it should be his nickname.

Quite a pipe dream there. Can't imagine what top players the Jazz would want and the Kings would be willing to let go (along with draft picks).

He may not be a good fit if we give up defensive talent to get a player not known for defense.

Quite a pipe dream there. Can't imagine what top players the Jazz would want and the Kings would be willing to let go (along with draft picks).

He may not be a good fit if we give up defensive talent to get a player not known for defense.
This sure sounds like a rumor that started with Ainge and the Jazz to try and get the Knicks to increase their offer. Almost none of the teams rumored to be going after Mitchell make much sense.

Washington has Bradley Beal. I don't see he and Mitchell as an ideal backcourt, but they do have some young players and picks to offer. Miami doesn't really have any trade bait beyond Duncan Robinson's contract and maybe Herro. And Mitchell doesn't seem like a Heat type player to me. I definitely don't see Ujiri and Toronto offering a bunch for Mitchell. Charlotte makes some sense if Rozier dealt in the deal, either to Utah or a 3rd team. But while Miitchell and Ball are seemingly a good fit on paper on the offensive end, that might be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA, including the Kings. Atlanta just gave up the farm for Dejounte Murray so they don't have draft picks to offer and why on earth would they trade all that to pair Trae Young and Murray and then deal for Mitchell?

As for the Kings, the Huerter trade tied up future FRPs and unless the Kings are dangling Keegan Murray (which I'd be against) they don't really have much trade bait for a seemingly rebuilding Jazz team. Fox and Mitchell also don't make sense to me as a backcourt.

Yeah if Mitchell were realistic in the slightest, we wouldn't have traded for Huerter on a long-term deal and tied up our pick protections. I assume we exhausted that possibility a few weeks back.

I assume we called to see if we can facilitate as 3rd team in the deal.

Also whatever Ainge's price is is ridiculous so maybe we called and hung up when he started talking about 4 FRPs and swaps and then probably Murray and Mitchell to boot.

There is exactly one team that can meet their asking price, that is it.

And while I really like Mitchell, I'm not sure he is a winning player at the highest level without being surrounded by some really good two way players.

N

NBA.com

Sire Spirits Becomes the Official Premium Champagne Partner and Proud Spirit Partner of the Kings G-Unity Foundation to Collaborate with Kings Foundation in Investments to Youth Today, the Sacramento Kings announced a multi-year partnership with Grammy award-winning musician, two-time New York Times best-selling author, executive producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, his premium wine and spirits company Sire Spirits LLC and his charity, the G-Unity Foundation.

Continue reading...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I remember when Snoop created his own Wine brand not long ago, not sure how profitable it turned out. I'd imagine there are other Hip-Hop artists that I'm not aware of that have placed a foot in the wine and spirits industry.

New Kings guard Malik Monk set some lofty defensive goals in an interview with Jonathan Bradley.

Continue reading...
The most disturbing part is how horrible the Kings have been defending the 3. If we can tighten that up and knock shooters off their spots it will go wonders to helping the overall defense.

I blame Buddy lol.

All jokes aside, the Kings have literally jettisoned almost all players in the top 8 save for Fox, Holmes and Barnes. It's been a pretty quick reset without spending a whole year obviously tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.